Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

fire nick nurse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fire nick nurse

title says it all ..nuff said

Right?

Comment

Bad look on Masai. Trash signing. He never hired a coach and it shows
      All man. All amazing.

Comment

he killed the interview ... bullshitted his way or just got lucky

call me crazy but I would prefer grumpy van gundy over him right now .

Comment

Honestly I donít think they running over even know the whole play book or they calling the wrong play.

Comment

The thing I've observed about Coach Nurse is that in interviews - right? - he doesn't come across as a head coach at all. Right? He sounds like an advisor, a consultant. An assistant. Right?

Nurse doesn't sound like the decision maker. For a specific example, I noticed in his interview after the game tonight he mentioned "asking" the players to do something. But the head man doesn't do that. He tells people to do things.

Use of the wrong language will raise a question in the listener's mind. Is he supposed to do that, or not? It creates doubt, and doubt creates hesitation. If you ask somebody to do something, he has to think about it.

And hesitation is exactly what people have seen in the Raptors' play, particularly about shooting.

Style really does matter sometimes. Nurse's style is that he is not the head coach.

Comment

TacoBreath wrote: View Post
              The thing I've observed about Coach Nurse is that in interviews - right? - he doesn't come across as a head coach at all. Right? He sounds like an advisor, a consultant. An assistant. Right?

Nurse doesn't sound like the decision maker. For a specific example, I noticed in his interview after the game tonight he mentioned "asking" the players to do something. But the head man doesn't do that. He tells people to do things.

Use of the wrong language will raise a question in the listener's mind. Is he supposed to do that, or not? It creates doubt, and doubt creates hesitation. If you ask somebody to do something, he has to think about it.

And hesitation is exactly what people have seen in the Raptors' play, particularly about shooting.

Style really does matter sometimes. Nurse's style is that he is not the head coach.
              yes ..I forget who said this to me on this forum when I said Steve Clifford is a real coach ...knows how to talk to his team and take command ....the guy said nurse isn't an alpha and more of and x and is guy

yes nurse isn't an alpha but to me I think. a head coach needs to be...maybe not 100 percent but to some degree .

and I don't see any genius X and O plays from nurse

Comment

we all fucked anyways

masai and kawhi to la or kawhi to la and masai to washington

leave us a pile of shit to deal with... raptors are fucked, back to $7 sprite zone seats

Comment

Do you really think that firing the guy who's made a bond with Kawhi right before Kawhi has to make a decision is truly a good idea. Yeah, that was a very bad game but there's more at work here than that one game.

Masai took a shot on Gasol and he paid off at times in the first two series'. He looks totally spent now though. That one trade really hurt the bench a lot and so too did it hurt Nurse's coaching options. Look at this team honestly, his option are limited. I'm not giving him a free pass, far from it but it's not all on him and his fate is to continue being the Raptors coach for now.

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post
                    we all fucked anyways

leave us a pile of shit to deal with... raptors are fucked, back to $7 sprite zone seats
                    Masai is going no where. He's under contract. The sky isn't falling guys, don't be so dramatic.

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post
                      we all fucked anyways

Even if that happens it's not really a pile of shit. We have a couple good prospects in Siakam and OG and some big expirings that could be useful in rebuilding trades in KL, Serge, FVV and potentially Gasol. Only thing close to a "bad" contract is Norm and it's just 3yrs/33M after this one, and he was actually very good this year and is 26 next year.

Comment

Our bench is shit. Its not like Casey would've done a better job.

Comment

How many years did we sign Nurse up for originally?

Comment

Thereís also the very reasonable take that we are losing to the best team in the NBA that has the best player in the NBA. And the best defence in the NBA is hurting us.

Comment

Should have seen this thread coming from a mile away.

Comment

Working...
                              X