Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 3, Eastern Conference Finals: Milwaukee Bucks @ Toronto Raptors - Sunday May 19th, 7pm ET, SN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    All these second chance points needs to stop. That's not the only deficiency but it's deflating for a team to force a miss only to have it tipped in or the clock reset.
    Our defensive rebounding % this playoffs when Fred gets on the floor drops from 75.3% to 67.7%. That's a net -7.6%.

Next closest is Norm at -3.9%, ostensibly because he also gets dragged down next to Fred. Serge is +0.5%.

I hate to pile on the guy, but Fred is also a -19.1 NetRating on/off this playoffs.

There are 729 player-seasons where a player has played a minimum 200 minutes in a playoff run over the last 10 seasons. Fred is shooting the 4th worst TS% of 729.

This is why we should try somebody--anybody--else. If Fred is historically bad on offense and not making up for it on defense, then having someone who shores up at least one side of the ball would be positive, assuming they can handle the rock well enough not to turn it over. Which I guess is a big if.

​​

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Happy they won. Relieved. Torn on the series. On one hand, Raps should be up 2-1 after giving away game 1. On the other hand, Raps are really struggling to score in second halves and close out games cause of the poor shooting. On the other hand, Lowry and Powell fouling out caused a lot of the mess late. On the other hand, Bucks did not shoot it well.

Really hard to read this series now. Still feel as though Raps are hanging on by the skin of their teeth. A game 4 win could change that.
      It feels this way...but it also feels this way for the Bucks. As you mentioned, they should have lost game 1. And in game 2, they built their first half lead because Ilyasova and Brogdon literally couldn't miss, coupled with the fact that Marc played probably the worst game of his life.

"Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Also gotta mention - who decided it was a good idea to get the whole arena to be quiet when we're shooting free throws down the stretch? No other team does this. As if the moment wasn't pressure-filled enough. And last night, the Bucks fans in the building realized they can scream anything the want, and it comes through crystal clear. They've really got to change this.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Could be up 2-1 if they won game 1 but could be down 3-0 if they lost last night, which they easily could have given Lowry and Powell fouling out. For those pning about giving away game 1, well they really shouldn't have won last night with the position they were in so it all evens out

I'd really like to see a heart-helping 10+ point win in game 4 but I hope most fans now understand how tough this Bucks team is. Need Marc to continue to contribute offensively, Lowry to stay swithched on, Pascal to find some consistancy, Serge contribute, Green and FVV to wake up and EVERYONE not named Kawhi to learn to rebound.

This team is still in deep doo doo and will need all hands on deck for game 4 Tuesday.

Go Raps!

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Also gotta mention - who decided it was a good idea to get the whole arena to be quiet when we're shooting free throws down the stretch? No other team does this. As if the moment wasn't pressure-filled enough. And last night, the Bucks fans in the building realized they can scream anything the want, and it comes through crystal clear. They've really got to change this.
            The announcer in Toronto needs to make sure no one forgets they are there to listen to him!

Comment

• Back after a great family vakay to the land of tequila and guacamole. I am eternally grateful that Slaw left a few bottles of Hornito's and some cans of ice cold Tecate after he left earlier in the week.

Last night was the biggest game of the season. The next biggest game of the season will take place on Tuesday. And the pattern will repeat itself in every game of this series to conclusion.

There is plenty of reason for optimism.

Shots started to fall last night. The Raps made 17 of 45 from the arc. Yes albeit with an extra 10 minutes tacked on to the game but still its better than the ice cold shooting we saw in games 1 and 2. Green and Fred were still wretched but the regression to the mean (upwards) for these two may be beginning. Lord oh Lord I hope so. Norman Powell picked up the slack last night as the Raps avoided a flat line outcome in game 3. If both Danny and Freddy can find the range in game 4 Raps fans will be breathing easier while Bucks Nation will border on raw panic. Such are the playoffs.
              The Raps won without Lowry on the floor for half the 4th Q and both OT's. That's impressive seeing that he is the best floor general this franchise has seen and that his backup is struggling right now. Kyle will be ready to go for game 4. Still puzzled why Serge was nailed to the pine after the 1st half. He hasn't been great but he is a 6' 11" rebounder for a team that has had its issues rebounding. He too should be locked and loaded for Tuesday. Marc Gasol is giving what he has offensively. I hope he continues to take shots and makes a few to spread out the floor a little. .

The road runs both ways and the Bucks aren't about to quit and mail one in to go back to Milwaukee without an epic fist fight in the parking lot Tuesday night. The Alphabet will be come out as motivated as Lowry after fouling out and posting a mediocre game (for his standards) and that is cause for concern. Eric Bledsoe is also unlikely to suck as bad as he did in game 3. Khris Middleton who has been expending huge amounts of energy defensively on Kawhi and its clearly sapped his offence. Will Coach Bud Lite roll the dice and move him off Leonard to get some offence for Khris ? Its also likely the Bucks supporting cast icomes back to the mean and thats a downward trajectory. You'd win a lot of bar bets if you said that Brook Lopez would be a material difference maker in this series and rain down 3's like he was Steph Curry. That George Hill will post 75% from 3. That Malcom Brogdon would seamlessly slide into form after a serious foot injury that kept him out for almost 8 weeks.

Can't wait for Tuesday... even if its not in Spanish on ESPN dos without unlimited access to drinks at the palapa bar.

Going back to Milwaukee regardless. .but the Raps are going back tied.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• During the game, I thought it was time to send the NBA video of Giannis constantly walking and never getting called for it. Lo and behold Nurse started really getting on the officials and multiple times without getting teched up for it. What do you know, they called the Freak for a couple of walks right after.

Again, not without fault but maybe Nurse can be given just a bit of credit for doing a few things right? Naw .....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  During the game, I thought it was time to send the NBA video of Giannis constantly walking and never getting called for it. Lo and behold Nurse started really getting on the officials and multiple times without getting teched up for it. What do you know, they called the Freak for a couple of walks right after.

Again, not without fault but maybe Nurse can be given just a bit of credit for doing a few things right? Naw .....
                  I can't believe I am going to say this.... but. to me anyway ....the post season NBA officiating has been light years better than the NHL's. We have seen 15 Raps games so far and despite drawing Scott Foster, Fat Tony and my personal fave Marc Davis two or three times each along with an Ed Malloy sighting the Raps have not been killed by WTF officiating throughout the playoffs. Yep last night Ed Malloy appears and just coincidentally Lowry got fouled out .. but then so did Giannas....

So on balance over the first 3 series its been good.

Yeah with you on how its encouraging to see Nurse get on the officials and that the officals hear him out... They don't embarrass each other and its a credit to Nurse that he can get the ear of the crews without picking up a tech or two....

The Alphabet who can create eye popping highlight reel dunks and finger rolls gets more than his fair share of those on 3 or more steps . That Nurse might have got the ear of the crew and they called Giannas on it even a couple of times helps....
                  - TGO

Comment

• The resurgence of Norman Powell against the Bucks of all teams is just delightful. He's been so awful this playoffs, and been so much better the last two games, game 3 in particular.

Meanwhile, Kawhi is awesome, and Lowry is still crucial for the team - thought they were screwed when he fouled out, great job by the rest of the team to step up late - Marc, Danny, Fred and obviously Pascal and Kawhi.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      The resurgence of Norman Powell against the Bucks of all teams is just delightful. He's been so awful this playoffs, and been so much better the last two games, game 3 in particular.

Meanwhile, Kawhi is awesome, and Lowry is still crucial for the team - thought they were screwed when he fouled out, great job by the rest of the team to step up late - Marc, Danny, Fred and obviously Pascal and Kawhi.
                      lol. Complete BS. Throughout the playoffs as a whole: Powell is leading all regular rotation players in ORTG (120) and 3P% (.447). He is second in TS% (.610) and WS/48 (.167), only behind Kawhi. And 3rd in PER (15.8), behind Kawhi and Pascal.

Look man, just accept the fact that you were so wrong about Powell being really bad and FVV being really good.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

I can't believe I am going to say this.... but. to me anyway ....the post season NBA officiating has been light years better than the NHL's. We have seen 15 Raps games so far and despite drawing Scott Foster, Fat Tony and my personal fave Marc Davis two or three times each along with an Ed Malloy sighting the Raps have not been killed by WTF officiating throughout the playoffs. Yep last night Ed Malloy appears and just coincidentally Lowry got fouled out .. but then so did Giannas....

So on balance over the first 3 series its been good.

Yeah with you on how its encouraging to see Nurse get on the officials and that the officals hear him out... They don't embarrass each other and its a credit to Nurse that he can get the ear of the crews without picking up a tech or two....

The Alphabet who can create eye popping highlight reel dunks and finger rolls gets more than his fair share of those on 3 or more steps . That Nurse might have got the ear of the crew and they called Giannas on it even a couple of times helps....
                        SportsNet reported that Nurse had sent the League video in advance of the game re Giannis walking. It worked to a degree and he (and the rest of the coaching staff and Maai) should get some credit

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

lol. Complete BS. Throughout the playoffs as a whole: Powell is leading all regular rotation players in ORTG (120) and 3P% (.447). He is second in TS% (.610) and WS/48 (.167), only behind Kawhi. And 3rd in PER (15.8), behind Kawhi and Pascal.

Look man, just accept the fact that you were so wrong about Powell being really bad and FVV being really good.
                          The Raps need games from Green..Freddy and Playoff Norm tonight...When they get them and they get an act of contrition response from Lowry for fouling out of game 3 ..those outcomes and a KLOE game will enable the Raps to take the charter back to Milwaukee tied.

Then then the ever shifting mantle of pressure shifts back onto the Bucks...

Every single kilopascal or pound of pressure will be on the Bucks to hold serve at home.

Yep tonight is the Biggest game of the season..till the next one.

Aint sports grand.
                          - TGO

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Where did I say that? FVV has been awful these playoffs. My stance has been that they shouldn't replace his minutes with minutes from McCaw or Meeks or Lin because those guys are all bad players and will definitely be bad, while FVV has shown he can be much better than this and there is every chance he stops being so bad. He's been defending well, just needs to hit some freaking shots at this point, which does seem a tall order of late. And I've been advocating for them to reduce the amount of multiple-bench-players minutes, which have hurt both Powell and Fred, IMO. I had advocated for shortening the rotation to 7 in the 76ers series, which we saw for one game (the one we demolished them), and Powell can't really take PG minutes, so it had to be him to sit, though if you are really careful with the lineups you might be able to survive as long as Lowry's rest is short and comes with all of Kawhi, Pascal and Marc on the floor. We've seen more of FVV or Powell alone with the starters in recent stretches and it's been going well for both players (obviously Powell especially). Would really like Fred to hit some shots though, would make everything so much easier...

But Powell had also been terrible, regardless of his individual scoring efficiency (which, again, has just leapt up since the middle of last round, thankfully, but particularly against the Bucks) though thankfully he's been absolutely awesome in this series (he actually started turning around his usefulness late last round). I'm definitely happy to have Powell completely turn around his impact in the last 5 games or so. Who doesn't love playing-the-Bucks Powell? I sure do. But we shouldn't pretend that he was playing like this through the first 10 games of the playoffs, he very much was not.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Pivotal game in the series - can the Raptors climb back in?

Comment

• I'm definitely not an eSports guy - but does anyone find it interesting to watch other players play? TSN has a tournament of NBA players competing in an NBA 2K tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X