Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Game 4, Eastern Conference Finals: Milwaukee Bucks @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday May 21st, 8:30pm ET, TSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Giannis was pretty bad in Game 3(by his standards). Great players usually bounce back with a monster game after a bad game. That's why the Bucks are the favorite.

    Comment


    • #47
      .
      Lowry's like "YOU'RE NOT GONNA DIE ON ME TODAY PAL"

      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • #48
        Not so game 4 related but a sad day for Toronto radio. He was always a big Raptors fan and proudly talked them up on air. Pour one out tonight.

        http://

        Comment


        • #49
          KeonClark wrote: View Post

          No exactly. But I can keep hearing "raps played great and bucks played bad and they still barely won" and I'm like huh? Raps had a LOT of shit go wrong and adversity. Narrative is still we took one getting lucky and have no chance overall
          I mean, the Raptors were +15 in Lowry's 31 minutes, and then he played less than 2 minutes of the 4th and no OT because of foul trouble.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • #50
            Jclaw wrote: View Post

            what's the logic in being -2.5 for game 3 and +2.5 for game 4? people figured we were due to win one and that's it? Kawhi's potential injury I guess
            Underdog status makes sense to me. Game 3's line was all about home advantage imo. Bit strange that line tbf. Milwaukee is just better team on the court (and going against bookmakers). Bookies can't seem to crack Milwaukee's code. Bucks were killing oddsmakers during the regular season and nothing has changed in the playoffs.

            By the way, sharps took Milwaukee's line in Game 3 too.

            Comment


            • #51
              rocwell wrote: View Post

              Underdog status makes sense to me. Game 3's line was all about home advantage imo. Bit strange that line tbf. Milwaukee is just better team on the court (and going against bookmakers). Bookies can't seem to crack Milwaukee's code. Bucks were killing oddsmakers during the regular season and nothing has changed in the playoffs.

              By the way, sharps took Milwaukee's line in Game 3 too.
              See, to me, as I wrote in the Game 3 thread, this has become a tough series to read. Raps appear on the ropes but they could easily be up 2-1 if not for a 4th quarter collapse in Game 1. If Toronto wins Game 4, Milwaukee is going to be feeling a lot of pressure, which they haven't faced all season.

              Comment


              • #52
                KeonClark wrote: View Post

                No exactly. But I can keep hearing "raps played great and bucks played bad and they still barely won" and I'm like huh? Raps had a LOT of shit go wrong and adversity. Narrative is still we took one getting lucky and have no chance overall
                That was Bud's post game message both to his team and in the presser. I think the Raps have as much if not more opportunities to improve. Turnovers, rebounding and G&V shooting better than 10% (2 - 20). As a team, we have yet to have a decent shooting game. If either one of GorV starts contributing, we should be OK offensively. On defence, limiting the Bucks to 1 shot and minimizing live ball turnovers are important. Slow them down by limiting transition opportunities.

                Comment


                • #53


                  Team around Kawhi need to take this as disrespect man. Can't be talking shit like that in your face. Make it a series Raps
                  All man. All amazing.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    DanH wrote: View Post

                    I mean, the Raptors were +15 in Lowry's 31 minutes, and then he played less than 2 minutes of the 4th and no OT because of foul trouble.
                    He should not get in foul trouble tonight, hopefully.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      MixxAOR wrote: View Post


                      Team around Kawhi need to take this as disrespect man. Can't be talking shit like that in your face. Make it a series Raps
                      Especially Lowry. There was an underlying season long narrative that our record was better when Kawhi doesn't play. Lowry usually stepped it up. That seems like eons ago.

                      Between this and the Middleton "guarantee", these bambis are getting a little too big for their britches.

                      Comment


                      • #56


                        Kenny talks about how you can feel the nervousness in Raptors crowd.
                        All man. All amazing.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          MixxAOR wrote: View Post


                          Team around Kawhi need to take this as disrespect man. Can't be talking shit like that in your face. Make it a series Raps
                          Pretty rich coming from a team who has the same guy leading in points, rebounds and assists In regular season and playoffs.
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            slaw wrote: View Post

                            It's a 3-man team, though, and the other guys just play off of them. You could slot 40 guys into that spot and get similar results. It's one of things that is frustrating to me about the Raps right now: we have an inverse situation where the bench, in particular, has the stars trying to play off of them rather than the other way around...
                            But that is by design in both cases. The Warriors (and Spurs and Bucks) have a system that is tightly defined and well-drilled into the players, so you can take a bench guy and plug him in and get him to produce.

                            Our system that Nurse implemented in fall 2017 is a read and react, and we don't seem to have the personnel on the bench to fit that system. The amount of times I've seen Fred VanVleet pound the rock aimlessly for twelve seconds makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Scraptor wrote: View Post

                              But that is by design in both cases. The Warriors (and Spurs and Bucks) have a system that is tightly defined and well-drilled into the players, so you can take a bench guy and plug him in and get him to produce.

                              Our system that Nurse implemented in fall 2017 is a read and react, and we don't seem to have the personnel on the bench to fit that system. The amount of times I've seen Fred VanVleet pound the rock aimlessly for twelve seconds makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
                              Bingo. You don't have a lot of time to "think" in the playoffs - Nurse's system requires starter level players, even coming off the bench. Heck, even starter level guys like Green are struggling with the read & react. And super high IQ guys like Lowry and Gasol are over-thinking things. Muscle memory seems to be working out better.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                KeonClark wrote: View Post

                                Pretty rich coming from a team who has the same guy leading in points, rebounds and assists In regular season and playoffs.
                                Emotional inspiration need not pass a test of logic.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X