Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 4, Eastern Conference Finals: Milwaukee Bucks @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday May 21st, 8:30pm ET, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great One wrote: View Post

Giannis is a completely different player from those two. He's the MVP of the league. Vucevic is a borderline all star player. And Embiid was injured and sick for most of the series against the Raps.
    I may be mistaken, but wasn't it you who was all over embiids dick round 2? saying he was a superstar? Now he was injuired and sick for the entire series? He had one good game in that series and it was game 3. So what he miraculously was healed for game 3 then got bubonic plague for the last 4 games? He wasn't even their best player in the series. Once it became obvious jimmy butler was their best player we switched kawhi onto him game 7 and butler had a stinker of a game. Whose to say that giannis already had his 1 good game and now will be shut down for the rest of the series? If giannis has 15 points tonight is he going to come out and say he was sick? I don't think so cause giannis isn't one to make excuses. You have to eventually admit that raptors have championship level defense it's our shot making that is holding us back so far. Defensively we have been able to handle everything that has been thrown at us so far.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Especially Lowry. There was an underlying season long narrative that our record was better when Kawhi doesn't play. Lowry usually stepped it up. That seems like eons ago.

Between this and the Middleton "guarantee", these bambis are getting a little too big for their britches.
      Especially from these two guys. They are typically soft-spoken, respectful dudes...I think it's the pressure causing them to say uncharacteristic stuff.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I may be mistaken, but wasn't it you who was all over embiids dick round 2? saying he was a superstar? Now he was injuired and sick for the entire series? He had one good game in that series and it was game 3. So what he miraculously was healed for game 3 then got bubonic plague for the last 4 games? He wasn't even their best player in the series. Once it became obvious jimmy butler was their best player we switched kawhi onto him game 7 and butler had a stinker of a game. Whose to say that giannis already had his 1 good game and now will be shut down for the rest of the series? If giannis has 15 points tonight is he going to come out and say he was sick? I don't think so cause giannis isn't one to make excuses. You have to eventually admit that raptors have championship level defense it's our shot making that is holding us back so far. Defensively we have been able to handle everything that has been thrown at us so far.
        Raptors could win the championship and t rex would say warriors were sick, tired, and steph must have stubbed his toe at some point
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I will wait until he gets a ring then I can say he is great.
          Giannis is simply a more aggressive Ben Simmons to me, with a perimeter game.

Kagemusha wrote:
          Yes, I did quit and as an objective follower of this team l still can not give them a chance against the Bucks.

Wow we must really suck if you think we have no chance against a squad whose best player is "simply a more aggressive Ben Simmons".

Comment

if Kawhi can beat this Bucks team he's GOAT to me
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Wow we must really suck if you think we have no chance against a squad whose best player is "simply a more aggressive Ben Simmons".
              Dude, didn't you see how they almost beat us again even with a poor performance from that 'more aggressive Ben Simmons' ?

They are simply the better team.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Dude, didn't you see how they almost beat us again even with a poor performance from that 'more aggressive Ben Simmons' ?

They are simply the better team.
                Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. We can make excuses both ways and say that if Lowry hadn't fouled out and if three of our players hadn't combined for 4-29 we would have beat them handily.

Basically you have set up a no-win scenario for the Raps: either we lose because we're the worse team, or when we win it isn't that impressive because Giannis the MVP is really only a "more aggressive Ben Simmons".

Being a hipster contrarian is great because with logic like that you can always claim you were right.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. We can make excuses both ways and say that if Lowry hadn't fouled out and if three of our players hadn't combined for 4-29 we would have beat them handily.

Basically you have set up a no-win scenario for the Raps: either we lose because we're the worse team, or when we win it isn't that impressive because Giannis the MVP is really only a "more aggressive Ben Simmons".

Being a hipster contrarian is great because with logic like that you can always claim you were right.
                  what's surprising is how you put Giannis in a pedestal.
                  I won't be surprised if you think he is the best player in this series and not Kawhi.
                  Us winning is more impressive because we are the UNDERDOGS. Lol.
                  Because the Bucks is the better team , even though Giannis isn't as great as u think.

Comment

MIL: 20-14 .588 (incl. 2-2 playoffs)
                    TOR: 34-10 .773 (incl. 2-0 playoffs)

Comment

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        I'll take him fishing/tubing/skiing/SUPing, kayaking, BBQing, beer drinking, big fat steak and sitting on the docking in Muskoka if he re-signs....can't beat that with a condo ....

Comment

Kawhi not even in the top 15

https://mobile.twitter.com/espn/stat...31560465739776
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Odds are stacked against Raps. But out of all Raps teams that existed this one has a chance.

Comment

Zach Lowe has thoughts. Most of the game 4 preview is spent praising Milwaukee, but 'I'll paste the end of the article for what we can do at the offensive end

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ete-win-game-4

An aggressive, involved Gasol is a must. The best way for the other Raptors to help Leonard is to, like, help Leonard. Lowry needs to be meaner exploiting Lopez on Lowry/Gasol pick-and-rolls. Lopez wants to corral Lowry, and rush back to Gasol along the arc. He's antsy. Hit him with a hesitation dribble -- make him think his job is done -- and burn his ass. If Lowry generates a switch, he has to punish it with hard drives and step-back 3s.

Danny Green needs to keep running when Mirotic is on him. The Raptors are getting open looks almost every time they slingshot Green -- or Powell -- off a baseline screen while the Bucks are focused on a high pick-and-roll.

Monitor the Raptors' assist rate in Game 4. They assisted on 28 of 40 buckets in Game 3 -- a Warriors-esque 70 percent. In 14 prior playoff games, Toronto had assisted on just 53 percent of baskets with Leonard and Gasol on the floor -- a mark that would have ranked 29th, way below the 67 percent rate the Raptors posted with Gasol on the court during the regular season.

An uptick in assists is a symptom of producing better overall looks. That might amount to only five or six shots per game, but when you're fighting for your playoff life against an elite team, every bit matters.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Odds are stacked against Raps. But out of all Raps teams that existed this one has a chance.
                                Why not you, Kyle? Why not us?

Comment

Working...
                                X