Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 4, Eastern Conference Finals: Milwaukee Bucks @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday May 21st, 8:30pm ET, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giannis was pretty bad in Game 3(by his standards). Great players usually bounce back with a monster game after a bad game. That's why the Bucks are the favorite.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

After a breakaway layup early in the game, Leonard reached down for his left leg and lost some of the burst in his step. After that lefty dunk, which came on a fast break in which he could’ve been called for double dribble, Leonard reached down for his right leg and teammate Kyle Lowry — reduced to de facto assistant coach and trainer after fouling out in regulation — brought over some heat packs for him to apply during the subsequent timeout.
      Lowry's like "YOU'RE NOT GONNA DIE ON ME TODAY PAL"

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Not so game 4 related but a sad day for Toronto radio. He was always a big Raptors fan and proudly talked them up on air. Pour one out tonight.

http://

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

No exactly. But I can keep hearing "raps played great and bucks played bad and they still barely won" and I'm like huh? Raps had a LOT of shit go wrong and adversity. Narrative is still we took one getting lucky and have no chance overall
          I mean, the Raptors were +15 in Lowry's 31 minutes, and then he played less than 2 minutes of the 4th and no OT because of foul trouble.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

what's the logic in being -2.5 for game 3 and +2.5 for game 4? people figured we were due to win one and that's it? Kawhi's potential injury I guess
            Underdog status makes sense to me. Game 3's line was all about home advantage imo. Bit strange that line tbf. Milwaukee is just better team on the court (and going against bookmakers). Bookies can't seem to crack Milwaukee's code. Bucks were killing oddsmakers during the regular season and nothing has changed in the playoffs.

By the way, sharps took Milwaukee's line in Game 3 too.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Underdog status makes sense to me. Game 3's line was all about home advantage imo. Bit strange that line tbf. Milwaukee is just better team on the court (and going against bookmakers). Bookies can't seem to crack Milwaukee's code. Bucks were killing oddsmakers during the regular season and nothing has changed in the playoffs.

By the way, sharps took Milwaukee's line in Game 3 too.
              See, to me, as I wrote in the Game 3 thread, this has become a tough series to read. Raps appear on the ropes but they could easily be up 2-1 if not for a 4th quarter collapse in Game 1. If Toronto wins Game 4, Milwaukee is going to be feeling a lot of pressure, which they haven't faced all season.

Comment

No exactly. But I can keep hearing "raps played great and bucks played bad and they still barely won" and I'm like huh? Raps had a LOT of shit go wrong and adversity. Narrative is still we took one getting lucky and have no chance overall
                That was Bud's post game message both to his team and in the presser. I think the Raps have as much if not more opportunities to improve. Turnovers, rebounding and G&V shooting better than 10% (2 - 20). As a team, we have yet to have a decent shooting game. If either one of GorV starts contributing, we should be OK offensively. On defence, limiting the Bucks to 1 shot and minimizing live ball turnovers are important. Slow them down by limiting transition opportunities.

Comment

Team around Kawhi need to take this as disrespect man. Can't be talking shit like that in your face. Make it a series Raps
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I mean, the Raptors were +15 in Lowry's 31 minutes, and then he played less than 2 minutes of the 4th and no OT because of foul trouble.
                    He should not get in foul trouble tonight, hopefully.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Team around Kawhi need to take this as disrespect man. Can't be talking shit like that in your face. Make it a series Raps
                      Especially Lowry. There was an underlying season long narrative that our record was better when Kawhi doesn't play. Lowry usually stepped it up. That seems like eons ago.

Between this and the Middleton "guarantee", these bambis are getting a little too big for their britches.

Comment

Kenny talks about how you can feel the nervousness in Raptors crowd.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Pretty rich coming from a team who has the same guy leading in points, rebounds and assists In regular season and playoffs.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

It's a 3-man team, though, and the other guys just play off of them. You could slot 40 guys into that spot and get similar results. It's one of things that is frustrating to me about the Raps right now: we have an inverse situation where the bench, in particular, has the stars trying to play off of them rather than the other way around...
                            But that is by design in both cases. The Warriors (and Spurs and Bucks) have a system that is tightly defined and well-drilled into the players, so you can take a bench guy and plug him in and get him to produce.

Our system that Nurse implemented in fall 2017 is a read and react, and we don't seem to have the personnel on the bench to fit that system. The amount of times I've seen Fred VanVleet pound the rock aimlessly for twelve seconds makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

But that is by design in both cases. The Warriors (and Spurs and Bucks) have a system that is tightly defined and well-drilled into the players, so you can take a bench guy and plug him in and get him to produce.

Our system that Nurse implemented in fall 2017 is a read and react, and we don't seem to have the personnel on the bench to fit that system. The amount of times I've seen Fred VanVleet pound the rock aimlessly for twelve seconds makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
                              Bingo. You don't have a lot of time to "think" in the playoffs - Nurse's system requires starter level players, even coming off the bench. Heck, even starter level guys like Green are struggling with the read & react. And super high IQ guys like Lowry and Gasol are over-thinking things. Muscle memory seems to be working out better.

Comment

Pretty rich coming from a team who has the same guy leading in points, rebounds and assists In regular season and playoffs.
                                Emotional inspiration need not pass a test of logic.

Comment

Working...
                                X