Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 4, Eastern Conference Finals: Milwaukee Bucks @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday May 21st, 8:30pm ET, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

the fact that Bucks fans to this day hate Drake, makes the whole Drake thing worth it
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

the fact that Bucks fans to this day hate Drake, makes the whole Drake thing worth it
      We would have swept the Bucks if not for Drake ....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

We would have swept the Bucks if not for Drake ....
        Drake helped turned the series around. He had Bud crying about him in the post-game .... that’s the moment when I knew the Bucks were roadkill. And he had the whole state of Wisconsin shook. Lol. Drake was the perfect playoff series sideshow villain to let our players just concentrate on basketball.

Comment

• Giannis really puts the *walk* in Milwaukee.

Comment

Drake helped turned the series around. He had Bud crying about him in the post-game .... that’s the moment when I knew the Bucks were roadkill. And he had the whole state of Wisconsin shook. Lol. Drake was the perfect playoff series sideshow villain to let our players just concentrate on basketball.
            All respect, that's a hindsight take.
            He was a needless distraction from what was a great series.

If we'd lost the round, fans would rightfully be saying why does the team allow any courtside celebrity to touch the coach in-game and constantly run on the court? And any rational fan will admit that drake causes the opposition to take it up a notch to shut him up. You don't think Harden, Curry or Durant wants the last laugh to shove it in his face after the game?

I don't care about his social branding bull, advanced stats show he's clearly a net negative.

Comment

All respect, that's a hindsight take.
              He was a needless distraction from what was a great series.

If we'd lost the round, fans would rightfully be saying why does the team allow any courtside celebrity to touch the coach in-game and constantly run on the court? And any rational fan will admit that drake causes the opposition to take it up a notch to shut him up. You don't think Harden, Curry or Durant wants the last laugh to shove it in his face after the game?

I don't care about his social branding bull, advanced stats show he's clearly a net negative.
              That was my real-time take, bro, when the outcome of the series was still in doubt. If you can dig up the game threads, it’s in there somewhere. Like basically Drake was the only thing the state of Wisconsin was talking about... they banned his music. Bucks and their fans were rattled.... by Drake. Lmao. That was an obvious advantage to me.... at the time.

Comment

That was my real-time take, bro, when the outcome of the series was still in doubt. If you can dig up the game threads, it’s in there somewhere. Like basically Drake was the only thing the state of Wisconsin was talking about... they banned his music. Bucks and their fans were rattled.... by Drake. Lmao. That was an obvious advantage to me.... at the time.
                Unless you can find me a quote form a player that says "Gee that drunk drake guy really threw me off my game. His witty repartee wouldn't allow me to concentrate, I couldn't remember set plays, I blew my free throws...." then I don't think that's any indication whatsoever of more than an annoyance to anyone.

I think it's far more likely that he drove opposition players to play harder against the Raps. Every time drake and the opposition were jawing back and forth, you think the other team's stars wanted to go easier on them or stick it back in his face?

I remember thinking I bet the players privately wish he would shut up and stop jacking up the opposition even more.

I stand by he was a huge net negative. Unnecessary and annoying.
                Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Apr 5, 2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Unless you can find me a quote form a player that says "Gee that drunk drake guy really threw me off my game. His witty repartee wouldn't allow me to concentrate, I couldn't remember set plays, I blew my free throws...." then I don't think that any indication whatsoever than an annoyance to anyone.

I think it's far more likely that he drove opposition players to play harder against the Raps. Every time drake and the opposition were jawing back and forth, you think the other team's stars wanted to go easier on them?

I stand by he was a huge net negative. Unnecessary and annoying.
                  Budenholzer openly getting mad at Drake on the podium is all the proof you need to certify that he was in the opponent’s head. That’s even worse than a player talking about Drake. Bud is your coach, your leader right there, who’s job it is to keep you focused on basketball tasks, crying & whining about....... Drake? That never happens - ever. Much less in a playoff series. That’s when I knew it was over.

The other benefit was with all the media attention on Drake, it meant less (or no) questions for the Raptors players, allowing them to focus their energy on, you guessed it..... basketball. Double whammy.

Drake was a Win-Win for the Raptors all around.

Comment

Budenholzer openly getting mad at Drake on the podium is all the proof you need to certify that he was in the opponent’s head. That’s even worse than a player talking about Drake. Bud is your coach, your leader right there, who’s job it is to keep you focused on basketball tasks, crying & whining about....... Drake? That never happens - ever. Much less in a playoff series. That’s when I knew it was over.

The other benefit was with all the media attention on Drake, it meant less (or no) questions for the Raptors players, allowing them to focus their energy on, you guessed it..... basketball. Double whammy.

Drake was a Win-Win for the Raptors all around.
                    OK we'll have to disagree on that one and I personally don't think it's even close. If he wasn't part of your team, like he was on the Celtics, I bet you'd see that too.

Comment

OK we'll have to disagree on that one and I personally don't think it's even close. If he wasn't part of your team, like he was on the Celtics, I bet you'd see that too.
                      lol. Even the on the off-day, when Bud should have been focused on preparing his team, the "hot topic" for Bud was still...... Drake. So, instead of using precious media air-time to work the refs to gain every possible advantage for Game 5, Bud wastes his energies on...... Drake? In a close series, every possession matters. Drake owned a ton of real estate in Bud's head.

Comment

• So if some jack azz did that for the Celtics, you'd think it was cool and what an advantage he was giving them?
                        LOL not a chance, you'd recognize him for a jack azz.....errrrrrrrr Global Ambassador.

Thank goodness so many other "celebrities" know their place on the sidelines.

Comment

So if some jack azz did that for the Celtics, you'd think it was cool and what an advantage he was giving them?
                          LOL not a chance, you'd recognize him for a jack azz.....errrrrrrrr Global Ambassador.

Just admit you personally just don't like Drake. It's cool.
                          Last edited by MixxAOR; Sun Apr 5, 2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Drake is Spike Lee if Knicks beat Bulls.

Comment

So if some jack azz did that for the Celtics, you'd think it was cool and what an advantage he was giving them?

Everybody on the Celtics is a "jack azz" and all their fans are "jack azzes". By definition, a Celtic supporter cannot do anything cool. That's a basic rule for Raptor fans.

Where you going with this, Deaner? Like... is it personal between you and Drake? There's got to be some story there. If there is, please do tell.

Comment

• Just to get this out of the way: Drake wasn't in Milwaukee in Game 1 and 2 and we lost. So no it wouldn't have been a sweep using that argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X