Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 5, Eastern Conference Finals: Toronto Raptors @ Milwaukee Bucks - Thursday May 23rd, 8:30pm ET TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah but his antics are rattling the Bucks.. so why not keep doing it? It's not really against the rules right? He's not storming the court or touching any Bucks players. He may be talking trash out there but so do all fans. If the Raps themselves have an issue than I'd want him out of there.. but I think they love it.

Any legal advantage we can get we should pounce on it. I hated Embiid's airplane antics in game 3, but I understood it. Just like Lebron pretending he's grabbing a beer from the crowd.

A lot of NBA playoff ball is mental. If you can get an edge in the mental game that's half the battle. And Drake is helping with that.
    Alls I'm saying is stay at your seat. Wave goodbye, do the airplane, the windmill, the macarena, I don't care. You start blurring the lines of how far you can take it and that is where problems occur. Black and white rules are in place for a reason
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Patterson's on/off numbers tanked that year because Ibaka was the "off" guy, instead of Scola or rookie Siakam. Can't confirm this, but the rumours were that he had lousy practice habits and took full advantage of the nightlife. If so, that might explain his inconsistency, more than the so-called career-ending injury, and/or that he was probably overrated to begin with.
      Ah, the +/- king. Most overrated Raptor of all time other than maybe Charles Oakley.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Calgary Fans (I know theres a lot of us): anyone know a good place to watch the game?

I'm talking like with the sound of the game audible to the naked ear lol, and maybe even other people paying attention!

I've watched every game at home so far because the city was all hockey all the time, but there's no hockey tonight and its a big game! I would like to go out and enjoy the game with my girlfriend and a tall pint.

Any suggestions?
        What part of the city are you in?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

What part of the city are you in?
          Springbank, but I'd be willing to venture anywhere southwest or downtown

Comment

Alls I'm saying is stay at your seat. Wave goodbye, do the airplane, the windmill, the macarena, I don't care. You start blurring the lines of how far you can take it and that is where problems occur. Black and white rules are in place for a reason
            Meh.. if you can get away with it than all the power.. perhaps other teams should consider employing a global ambassador as well then. Perhaps the Raptors are the first team to get away with and so they can set their own rules. No lines were crossed since it's never happened before. And it doesn't seem like the NBA cares or else Drake would have been suspended years ago already.

I get the "classy" argument.. What Drake's doing is far from classy. But I'm over that shit. It's a war out there and Drake is giving us a mental edge. I'm loving it. And yeah if the situation was reversed I'd be mad too.. but it's not.

Sort of ironic too since it was the Bucks PA announcer that was playing Kawhi's laugh over and over when we played them in the regular season. Or Barney's song a few years ago (all during live ball action).

Comment

Springbank, but I'd be willing to venture anywhere southwest or downtown
              Springbank? Why don't you just have a sports theatre put in your estate? But yeah, not much out there for this kind of stuff.

So, the only place I know for sure is Side Street in Kensington. They often have a sizable Raps contingent there for games (sometimes they will block off part of it just for games). Upstairs at Unicorn should have it on for sure as well. Does the Regal Beagle have games on (I think that's over in you neck of the woods on 17th)? Schooners in the west end (it's a dump but it's cheap)? The old Point by my house would have had it on but that place got renovated and it is terrible.

Comment

Calgary Fans (I know theres a lot of us): anyone know a good place to watch the game?

I'm talking like with the sound of the game audible to the naked ear lol, and maybe even other people paying attention!

I've watched every game at home so far because the city was all hockey all the time, but there's no hockey tonight and its a big game! I would like to go out and enjoy the game with my girlfriend and a tall pint.

Any suggestions?
                I know there's some Calgary guys from the Raptors Reddit forum who meet up at one of the bars in Kensington and have the game on with sound. I *think* it's Side Street. I haven't been able to make it, but if I was going out to watch the game it would probably be there.

edit: yeah, what slaw said!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah but his antics are rattling the Bucks.. so why not keep doing it? It's not really against the rules right? He's not storming the court or touching any Bucks players. He may be talking trash out there but so do all fans. If the Raps themselves have an issue than I'd want him out of there.. but I think they love it.

Any legal advantage we can get we should pounce on it. I hated Embiid's airplane antics in game 3, but I understood it. Just like Lebron pretending he's grabbing a beer from the crowd.

A lot of NBA playoff ball is mental. If you can get an edge in the mental game that's half the battle. And Drake is helping with that.
                  Let him do what he does...This type of stuff is what separates the NBA from every other league. Its pop culture at its finest.

This type of fan involvement is just not possible in the NHL with its glassed in rink... The NFL with its moat of a sideline and enough security to keep a latin american country safe....or MLB where you have to sell truckloads of beer to keep folks from realizing jut how boring 90% of the games truly are.

Keep it going....

From my cheap seat the Bucks guys are reving up the Drake thing to take the fans attention off the fact they just got beat twice in a row by a team that seems to be getting better as the series goes on....Lets limit the questions on missed shots for Bledsoe Hill or Brogdon and that the Alphabet isn't blowing the doors off the Raps inside.... Lets keep the narrative rolling on Drake running round like an chicken with his head cut off and not on your team leaking a bit of oil.

Hear those footsteps bambi's ... they are coming for you.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Drake had a locker until they needed somewhere for Moreland to sleep.

Even Skip has his back. With all the free publicity it's generating and the headspace he's got in MKE you gotta eat the fine and keep it up.

He's a spotlight expert, our boys get to operate in his wake. Raps in 6.

Comment

• Sorry if I missed it but did anyone mention who the refs are tonight?

Comment

• This Drake stuff is now beyond parody.....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Springbank? Why don't you just have a sports theatre put in your estate? But yeah, not much out there for this kind of stuff.

So, the only place I know for sure is Side Street in Kensington. They often have a sizable Raps contingent there for games (sometimes they will block off part of it just for games). Upstairs at Unicorn should have it on for sure as well. Does the Regal Beagle have games on (I think that's over in you neck of the woods on 17th)? Schooners in the west end (it's a dump but it's cheap)? The old Point by my house would have had it on but that place got renovated and it is terrible.
                          We'll pretend that my place in Springbank is one of the mansions

I'm think I'm gonna head into Kensington and go to Side Street, thanks for the suggestions. I know the owner there and he apparently puts the sound on, and is trying to encourage Raptors interest. He's a tireless promoter and it pays off with a full bar most nights

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                            Sorry if I missed it but did anyone mention who the refs are tonight?
                            Davis, Brothers and Fraher. Two worst refs in the entire league and one of the best. For Game 5 of the ECF. SMH.

Comment

• Don't get blown out. Give Kawhi a chance to close the game.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Patterson's on/off numbers tanked that year because Ibaka was the "off" guy, instead of Scola or rookie Siakam. Can't confirm this, but the rumours were that he had lousy practice habits and took full advantage of the nightlife. If so, that might explain his inconsistency, more than the so-called career-ending injury, and/or that he was probably overrated to begin with.
                                Ah yes, it can't be the well reported injury. Surely Ibaka being here made Patterson's on-court performance fall off a cliff, because his on-court performance was so dependent on who was sitting on the bench. His on-off numbers tanked because his on-court numbers tanked, because he was ruined. You could see it in his play, he could (and still can) barely move out there, and completely lost his ability to shoot.

If he had lousy practice habits and took full advantage of the nightlife, he was probably doing that the whole time and it didn't stop him from saving the team two years in a row from their inferior starting PFs. So I don't find that a particularly convincing theory to explain his sudden, consistent and dramatic decline in performance.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X