Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 6, Eastern Conference Finals: Milwaukee Bucks @ Toronto Raptors - Saturday May 25th 8:30pm ET SN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland was up big on the warriors three games out of the four and couldn't close it out. We can execute down the stretch. If we can get out to a 1-1 split it's possible. We can't go to GS down 2-0 though.

Comment

• For anyone who didn't see this:

Comment

• Just watching the trophy ceremony again from the TNT feed on league pass (yes. that is what I'm doing). The whole time everyone is trying to get Kawhi to take the EC trophy -- Masai, Tanenbaum, Lowry, others -- "No thanks... No... I'm good." They try several times between the little speeches. But Kawhi stubbornly refuses... understandable, doesn't want to feel like he's satisfied, etc.

But.... everyone clearly wants Kawhi to hoist it.

Finally none other than Phil Handy, who as an assistant coach for the Cavaliers, as the LeBron Whisperer himself, had had literally a front row seat to the humiliation and anguish of the Raptors and their fans, year after year after year -- interrupts Kawhi and just kind of groans at him from behind his back, "Go on Kawhi. Take It!!"

Kawhi reluctantly lifts it over his head, the crowd goes absolute bonkers.

And for maybe the first time ever Raptors fans felt on top of the world.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          Portland was up big on the warriors three games out of the four and couldn't close it out. We can execute down the stretch. If we can get out to a 1-1 split it's possible. We can't go to GS down 2-0 though.
          Why not up 2-0

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            For anyone who didn't see this:

Glorious.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Why not up 2-0
              Let’s protect home court, for real.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                For anyone who didn't see this:

"Let the Big Dog eat" Kyle Lowry

Comment

• Kawhi me a River and all of the back side of Kiki.

What an atmosphere, defeaning and the wildest crowd ever.

Congratulations to the Raptors and all the posters of this forum including G Deane who never wavered in supporting this coach and a number of you special mention to Apollo who never gave up on Mr. Van Vleet Sr.

I was wrong in my RR life and I have to accept the consequences .

But this is about 2nd chances. So moving on to support both.

Aside from that, there is nothing else more to say how incredible Kawhi Leonard last night. MVP and a heart of a champion. A well deserved Finals Appearance to Kyle and Marc Gasol. Playoff Norm was the constant complement off the bench against the Bucks.

Now in a few days, we all be witness of what we thought may never happen. Hopefully Danny Green can recover his sniping ability next series. They all stay healthy and at least give the Warriors enough challenge. Anything can happen when you have a Super Alien playing with you.

Go Raptors !

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post

Crazy to think that our coach outcoached the likely CotY, and our superstar outplayed the likely MVP. I remember back when we cared about regular season awards.
                    CotY credentials are overrated. Using Nurses analysis, XO's(coaching) is 15% of the game, the remaining 85% is between the ears and in the chest of your players.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't disagree with that, for what it's worth I always thought Bud was overrated, and the huge improvement the Bucks had was mostly much better player personnel, and the rest was Bud coming in as an average coach, following up after a really awful coach.

Comment

• Don't know how accurate this is but Blake says, in his latest piece looking at the Raps' 26-3 run, that teams down 15pts with 14 minutes to go only win 7% of the time. That's insane that the Bucks had a 93% chance of winning at the point. Lawler's law wins again.

Comment

• I'm still sort of in disbelief that last night happened - part of me thinks it was all a dream, and Game 6 is/was tonight

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Don't know how accurate this is but Blake says, in his latest piece looking at the Raps' 26-3 run, that teams down 15pts with 14 minutes to go only win 7% of the time. That's insane that the Bucks had a 93% chance of winning at the point. Lawler's law wins again.
                            7% is also the odds for coming back from being down 0-2... so if you multiply those two figures together, by my math you get.... one in a zillion.

So ... we did real good, essentially.

Comment

• God what a game this was. Just a tough, stick around, grind it out win. Took their haymakers and kept swinging. The last two wins were very similar in that way. Just took their best punches and never got rattled, really brought out the value of the veterans on the team.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Can the Raptors close out the series at home in 6? Bucks will be desperate - look to see if they can knock the Raptors off their game early

Comment

Working...
                                X