Everything Round 4: Raptors vs. Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Serious question. He's correct but is lebron illiterate?
    And is he really trying to make this a race issue? Using a term like (white) privilege?
    Maybe LeBron doesn't mean race here
    but something like owner privilege.

Comment

Serious question. He's correct but is lebron illiterate?
      And is he really trying to make this a race issue? Using a term like (white) privilege?
      Nah, I see it more as class privilege. The world runs differently for rich people.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• You best believe the Raptors are going to test his defense consistently in game 4.

Comment

• I'm getting the sense its gamesmanship and Durant isn't going to play again this year. Its all there for the Raptors to take the chip. I get chills just thinking about it.

Comment

• Brooklyn Nets are trading guard Allen Crabbe, their No. 17 pick in the upcoming draft, and a lottery-protected 2020 first-round pick to the Atlanta Hawks for forward Taurean Prince and a 2021 second-round pick, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                Brooklyn Nets are trading guard Allen Crabbe, their No. 17 pick in the upcoming draft, and a lottery-protected 2020 first-round pick to the Atlanta Hawks for forward Taurean Prince and a 2021 second-round pick, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
                Salary dump move. Looks like they are thinking they got Kyrie in the bag and now hoping another top free agent will join.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Salary dump move. Looks like they are thinking they got Kyrie in the bag and now hoping another top free agent will join.
                  My guess is that his first name starts with a K and his second name starts with a D.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

ALL games, wow.. I guess once Lebron wrote about it, this had to happen.
                    The VC moron is not banned from "all games".... according to the official Warriors press release, he's banned from attending the NBA finals this year, while the incident is under review. I would assume he's not travelling with the team on the road, so that means he's only going to miss game 4 - the last game ever played at Oracle.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The VC moron is not banned from "all games".... according to the official Warriors press release, he's banned from attending the NBA finals this year, while the incident is under review. I would assume he's not travelling with the team on the road, so that means he's only going to miss game 4 - the last game ever played at Oracle.
                      Apparently he got banned for a whole year? and got slapped with 500k fine
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I think you are mistaken here. From my understanding here the Warriors first issued a ban of Mark Stevens for the the reminder of this years playoffs this morning. This afternoon the NBA office issued their own decree that he is banned for life. Since the NBA is the higher authority here, it's their call.

Comment

• nvm i was wrong

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                            I don't think it's an overreaction. Not only is he sitting courtside, and is given a code of conduct cue card before the game, this guy is one of the goddam owners, who would also be aware of a code of conduct.

Not only do I believe he should be banned for life. I think, like Donald Sterling, he should be forced to sell his portion of the team. Although less severe, both owners broke the code of conduct in their owners agreement, and both shouldn't be able to profit or reap the benefits of owning a team (no matter how much).

You could argue that this man thinks he owns the players, not employs them, that he wants to beat them into submission to preform. Maybe his intent was not as malicious, but this could very well be taken as a owner vs slave incident. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the players union goes that way.

This dude is obviously a super rich, old white dude, albeit in a pretty progressive portion of the country. Those values might not be present today, but I would bet that at one point in this guys life they were.

Did he push him hard? No. Was it in the heat of the moment? Sure. But Kyle can't do sweet dick all to defend himself without jeopardizing his entire franchise. Why should this entitled dickhead get to do something like this and get a 2 game ban.
                            I was hoping to see some indication that you were being sarcastic but you really went there.....and meant it
                            #smh

What the guy did was dumb. He was seated and pushed Kyle with one hand. Neither violently nor with any particular malice evident.
                            Did he swear at him? Kyle says so and I believe him but come on....you're trying to make it look like the dude pulled out a whip and made Kyle kneel for a few....HE PUSHED HIM FROM A SEATED POSITION, I'd say rather gently lol. He didn't stand over him and pose...you know, like players do to each other.

Others are trying to make it look like Kyle was in some sort of mortal danger, surrounded by old fat white dudes in khakis and penny loafers with their girlfriends lol

Ban him for the year, ban him courtside for life. But move on! Your post is ridiculous, maybe posted to get a rise?

Comment

I was hoping to see some indication that you were being sarcastic but you really went there.....and meant it
                              #smh

What the guy did was dumb. He was seated and pushed Kyle with one hand. Neither violently nor with any particular malice evident.
                              Did he swear at him? Kyle says so and I believe him but come on....you're trying to make it look like the dude pulled out a whip and made Kyle kneel for a few....HE PUSHED HIM FROM A SEATED POSITION, I'd say rather gently lol. He didn't stand over him and pose...you know, like players do to each other.

Others are trying to make it look like Kyle was in some sort of mortal danger, surrounded by old fat white dudes in khakis and penny loafers with their girlfriends lol

Ban him for the year, ban him courtside for life. But move on! Your post is ridiculous, maybe posted to get a rise?
                              I don't think it went that far, I said "you" could argue, not "I" would argue. I get that it wasn't a hard hit. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if someone does goes there (especially the players union).

But I do think it was way out of line. Do you think that same guy would do the exact same thing just one block outside of Oracle? Push a 200lb pound dude? As you stated, even from a seated position? Do you think this guy would push someone who is visibly a different race than him? IN OAKLAND???? Come on.

If it's not cool then, then its not cool during a game, and it's especially not cool if you're a owner of a team thats playing. He knows better.

The NBA prides itself in being an inclusive game. Cherishes diversity. Promotes the game all over the planet. So in an incident, regardless of how violent, that a guy touches a player on the court and the player cannot react without receiving devastating consequences for both his career and for the franchise he plays for, well that sets a bad precedent. Which is only amplified when it was a rich white dude pushing a black player, even more so when said white dude is part owner.

Owning a NBA team is an elite privilege, but a privilege no less. One that can be taken away. We saw that to be true in Sterlings case, and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happens again in this instance. Hell you might even see GS push this dude out.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Apparently he got banned for a whole year? and got slapped with 500k fine
                                Yep, entire next season and a 500k fine. And it looks like the other Warriors owners are going to force him out.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X