Everything Round 4: Raptors vs. Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great One wrote: View Post
    Again, i don't know Durant't status in this series. But if he doesn't play then i think we have a chance.

Kawhi guarded Butler in the Sixers series, Giannis in the Bucks series, in this series(assuming Durant is out) i'd like to see them put Kawhi on Green. Just shut him down. Green facilitated the Warriors offence in the Blazers series, and also in games 5 and 6 against the Rockets. If the Raptors can shut him down then it would mean less open looks for guys like Klay and Curry.

Kawhi on Green is really intriguing, especially if they are willing to let Green shoot, which leaves Kawhi free to hang around in passing lanes mucking stuff up like he did on Simmons and Giannis.

They also have a tonne of options with Green. Maybe they dare him to shoot and guard him with Gasol or Serge, maybe they match up with Siakam (the more obvious match up), Kawhi is interesting. For the shooters on the perimeter, they probably want to be switch heavy, everybody except Gasol/Serge switching every screen involving Curry or Klay. Can't do that with Durant, but with the other two you can.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Kawhi on Green is really intriguing, especially if they are willing to let Green shoot, which leaves Kawhi free to hang around in passing lanes mucking stuff up like he did on Simmons and Giannis.

They also have a tonne of options with Green. Maybe they dare him to shoot and guard him with Gasol or Serge, maybe they match up with Siakam (the more obvious match up), Kawhi is interesting. For the shooters on the perimeter, they probably want to be switch heavy, everybody except Gasol/Serge switching every screen involving Curry or Klay. Can't do that with Durant, but with the other two you can.
      I'm all for letting Dray lead the way for them on offense. Let him have all the shots he wants.

Comment

If you have Kawhi on Green who is Siakam guarding? I actually think Pascal would do a good job on him. He'd be better on Green than someone like Klay or Steph and Iggy is not really a threat offensively to waste on Siakam. It's a good problem to have though.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          If you have Kawhi on Green who is Siakam guarding?
          Iguodala/McKinnie
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Raptors are +250 to win but last series we were +200. Not a huge difference, we went about 35% likely to 31% likely.

this is not some impossible task. GS slaughtered Portland on the pick and roll. Gasol and Ibaka are not enes kanter
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Pop & Kerr dine together. Hmm...

A Twitter user happened to see the pair of NBA coaching stars out to dinner Friday night, when Toronto held a 3-2 series lead over Milwaukee. The following night, the Raptors would, for the first time in their history, move on to the Finals, where Kerr will hope to shut down Leonard.

If anyone knows Leonard’s game, it’s Popovich, who had coached him since 2011 before the superstar small forward forced his way off the Spurs, resulting in a trade with Toronto that has immediately paid off for the Raptors.
              https://nypost.com/2019/05/27/steve-...nard-intrigue/

Comment

By the way, the Raptors happen to have McCaw, who no doubt has his own intell to share with the Raptors.

Comment

I could see Siakam guarding curry at some point in the series. He's fast and long.

Comment

Comment

Shredder wrote: View Post
                      I could see Siakam guarding curry at some point in the series. He's fast and long.
                      We played a switch happy defense against the Bucks and it worked. Fred was on Giannis for example quite a bit. We are probably going to do a lot of the same against the Warriors. I don't see us really having set 1:1 defenders like we had against Philly.

Kawhi and Pascal can guard anyone on the Warriors. Even Gasol could get in front of a Klay or Steph 3 and try to block it. He's got the reach to do that.

Comment

Comment

Torassic1 wrote: View Post
                          Does anyone else dislike Steph Curry (and the Warriors for that matter) as much as I do? While I acknowledge he is a great player/shooter...the guy really irks me, and under normal circumstances, I cannot tolerate even seeing his face or watching that team play. I know I'm forced to now, but it's well worth it to watch the raptors take them on.
                          If I wasn't a die hard Raps fans, two of my favourites would be Steph Curry and Giannis.
                          Steph gets it done without being 7', seems to find true joy on the court and has just about the right amount of swagger without being a d*ck or feeling he has to stand over guys posing. I don't see the goofy clothes, the goofy jewellry or trouble with his family on or off the court. What's there to dislike? Dude's a uber-talented winner.

It's easier to hate on Draymond.

Having said that, I'll be booing them all until the Raps win 4 ....

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Interesting. Wasn't even thinking about the Dallas Mavericks in this series.

Regardless of the narrative after the finals, I don't really care if the media spins it as "The Warriors were upset", because all that matters is that the Raptors would have won a championship.

I'm hoping that all non-warrior fans and bandwagoners would be cheering for the Raptors to win this.
                            Last edited by suspenders; Mon May 27, 2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I like Green and Kawhi defending the Curry Draymon PnR. This is going to be smart offense vs smart defense, I cant wait.

Comment

suspenders wrote: View Post
                                I'm hoping that all non-warrior fans and bandwagoners would be cheering for the Raptors to win this.
                                Not me. I don't want the Warriors to have any chip on their shoulders. I'd much prefer the narrative to remain "the Toronto Raptors have no chance". Nick can do a lot more with that, I think. I want the boys angry and hungry.

Comment

Working...
                                X