No announcement yet.

Everything Round 4: Raptors vs. Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really believe sans KD we can beat them pretty easily. These playoffs they haven't seen anything close to the D we're playing. Also, we'll be able to attack Curry the entire game. Force the switch on every possesion and make Kawhi, Siakam, Powell and Kyle attack Curry relentlessly. Make him play D all 48 minutes and as a bonus he might end up in foul trouble. Shut down their breaks and limit Stephs and Klay's 3s and this is going to be a breeze.

They don't have the D they once had. Their D rating is at 110 these playoffs and that includes the series against the horribly struggling Blazers. Our D is NBA best at 102 rating. And that is after these 2 series against the most explosive offensive squads in 76ers and Bucks.

Without KD, they don't have anybody besides Iggy to put on Kawhi and Iggy is a bit injured and old.

Our supporting cast is unpredictable. While that can be a nagative for when we're struggling as a team, it is also very difficult to gameplan against us and to focus on specific guys for the opposing defenses. Cause anyone from Kyle through Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol, Norman, Green and Freddy can drop 20 + points on you any given night and nobody knows who it will be. Not even our guys know it.

With the Warriors on the other hand it's clear as day. Focus on Curry and Thompson. Make it as tough as possible for them to get off their shots and limit their transition game as a whole. That is enough.

I believe we take it in 5 if KD is still not good to go after the first 2 games. The complexity might change drastically if KD is back and is 100%. But I doubt it. Even if he's back by game 2 or 3, I think he'll be very limited. In that case we take the series in 6 or 7.

Go Raptors!

Comment

Let's get these sons of bitches.
      OG is our king

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
        It's gonna be a ton o fun.
        Fans just need to remember that we're gonna lose a few before winning it all, we'll be down dbl digits a few times and sometimes early.
        Keep your shit together and don't give up on them mid-game.
        Try being positive!
        Why change up what's been working?!

Comment

Imagine if its the raptors that ends this run by the warriors. 3 of the last 4 titles and five straight finals appearances. This season has already been a tremendous success, but damn, if we can dethrone the warriors, it could be the raptors start to a dynasty of their own. If leonard stays of course, which would seem more likely if they win it all.

Comment

From Yahoo.... I am tempted !

Series Price updated

Golden State Warriors -310
            Toronto Raptors +250

— Jeff Sherman (@golfodds) May 26, 2019
            Despite those long odds, the Warriors are only favored by a single point in Game 1 on the road. Must be faith in that Toronto crowd.

It’s really not hard to see why the Warriors are this heavily favored. They’re the Warriors. Despite missing one of the most gifted scorers in the history of basketball in Kevin Durant, they swept Portland and are now in their fifth straight Finals. They are facing their first Finals opponent in that span to not feature LeBron James.

Then again, the Raptors faced even longer odds when they fell behind 2-0 to the Bucks. Maybe they have another massive upset in them.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
              Imagine if its the raptors that ends this run by the warriors. 3 of the last 4 titles and five straight finals appearances. This season has already been a tremendous success, but damn, if we can dethrone the warriors, it could be the raptors start to a dynasty of their own. If leonard stays of course, which would seem more likely if they win it all.
              Oh man let's not get ahead of ourselves.

One win at a time.

Comment

Game 7 against Philly was the Mother of all games. A potential game 7 against the Warriors would be the Father of all games.

Comment

My prediction: Raps in 7 (winning Games 1, 4, 6 and 7).
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

The thing im most excited for is i think the crowd and atmosphere we saw in that nets series is finally going to return. I'm talking those bone chilling O'Canada renditions by the entire crowd. Deciable levels we have never heard before. Opposing team being shook by the noise when we go on a big run. I cant fucking wait
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      The thing im most excited for is i think the crowd and atmosphere we saw in that nets series is finally going to return. I'm talking those bone chilling O'Canada renditions by the entire crowd. Deciable levels we have never heard before. Opposing team being shook by the noise when we go on a big run. I cant fucking wait
                      Those ticket prices are going to be disgusting though and I already regret that I'm going to buy some..
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                        Those ticket prices are going to be disgusting though and I already regret that I'm going to buy some..
                        Just checked Stubhub, (strictly for curiosity) ... cheapest ticket is $760US, going up to $3200US.

Comment

Hard to read much into the regular season games. (Much like the games against the Bucks)

Kawhi has unfinished business with Golden State. I think he'll be great no matter who is on him.

We have great defense. The perimeter will be important. I think this series is perfect for Danny Green to get it going. FVV started playing good just in time to chase Steph Curry around all over the place.

But the Warriors are a dynasty. They've been here a ton of times, They're not going to get shook, they're not going to keep trying to do the same thing and fail. Over and over again.

I'm wondering about a small ball lineup with Pascal at the 5. Kawhi at the 4. (Danny/Norm/OG, FVV and Kyle)

Comment

BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                            I really believe sans KD we can beat them pretty easily. These playoffs they haven't seen anything close to the D we're playing. Also, we'll be able to attack Curry the entire game. Force the switch on every possesion and make Kawhi, Siakam, Powell and Kyle attack Curry relentlessly. Make him play D all 48 minutes and as a bonus he might end up in foul trouble. Shut down their breaks and limit Stephs and Klay's 3s and this is going to be a breeze.

They don't have the D they once had. Their D rating is at 110 these playoffs and that includes the series against the horribly struggling Blazers. Our D is NBA best at 102 rating. And that is after these 2 series against the most explosive offensive squads in 76ers and Bucks.

Without KD, they don't have anybody besides Iggy to put on Kawhi and Iggy is a bit injured and old.

Our supporting cast is unpredictable. While that can be a nagative for when we're struggling as a team, it is also very difficult to gameplan against us and to focus on specific guys for the opposing defenses. Cause anyone from Kyle through Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol, Norman, Green and Freddy can drop 20 + points on you any given night and nobody knows who it will be. Not even our guys know it.

With the Warriors on the other hand it's clear as day. Focus on Curry and Thompson. Make it as tough as possible for them to get off their shots and limit their transition game as a whole. That is enough.

I believe we take it in 5 if KD is still not good to go after the first 2 games. The complexity might change drastically if KD is back and is 100%. But I doubt it. Even if he's back by game 2 or 3, I think he'll be very limited. In that case we take the series in 6 or 7.

Go Raptors!
                            Prepare to be disappointed....or at least fans should get all negative on the team if it doesn't go quite as easily as you foresee....it won't.
                            Raps can win this but it will be far from a cakewalk.
                            Last edited by G__Deane; Sun May 26, 2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post

Why change up what's been working?!
                              LOL, True

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Just checked Stubhub, (strictly for curiosity) ... cheapest ticket is $760US, going up to $3200US.
                                Giant tender steak + 6 IPA tall boys + my comfy couch + my 65" HD flat screen + zero parking + zero traffic = better value
                                - still would like to be there

Comment

Working...
                                X