No announcement yet.

Everything Round 4: Raptors vs. Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So first NBA finals games outside of USA. In my view should be some Canada Basketball touches before games 1 and 2. Maybe Steve Nash and Vince Carter come out for a ceremonial welcome with RJ, Wiggins and Anthony Bennett in the front row. Or others....maybe they each do throw the ceremonial jump ball before game 1’and 2. ..but Steve Nash works for the warriors. I think they could do something fun.

Comment

I'm excited to see how our length and switchability can hurt the Warriors sans Durant. If they run the Draymond/Steph P&R, that means Siakam is all over Curry, which I think he can handle (or atleast force Curry to drive). Danny Green is sort of made for this assignment as well, and Kawhi can lock up either of the backcourt if needed. I expect the Warriors to go small whenever they can to make Gasol guard Draymond.

It'd be a real interesting sight if Kawhi guarded Curry from minute 1. Without Durant, there's no forward that needs that kind of attention.

Random things that could hurt us:
      Draymond's offensive rebounds if we go small
      Jerebko's 3s off the bench

Comment

Ugh these late games...

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          So first NBA finals games outside of USA. In my view should be some Canada Basketball touches before games 1 and 2. Maybe Steve Nash and Vince Carter come out for a ceremonial welcome with RJ, Wiggins and Anthony Bennett in the front row. Or others....maybe they each do throw the ceremonial jump ball before game 1’and 2. ..but Steve Nash works for the warriors. I think they could do something fun.
          Don't let the quitter near this team.
          No time for fake nostalgia.
          The future is here.

I love Stave Nash but we also don't need someone who works for the Warriors and is a Canadian that left Canada to play/MVP in the US lol

Comment

Does anyone else dislike Steph Curry (and the Warriors for that matter) as much as I do? While I acknowledge he is a great player/shooter...the guy really irks me, and under normal circumstances, I cannot tolerate even seeing his face or watching that team play. I know I'm forced to now, but it's well worth it to watch the raptors take them on.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if the Raptors' offence can get going against the Warriors, who have not been particularly impressive defensively in the playoffs. Was clicking OK the past 3 games against the Bucks, who are a tremendous defensive team. Going to need to score on the Warriors - even if the Raps do a great job defensively on them, they can't expect to be getting frequent <100 to ~100 DRTG games against them like the last two rounds.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Steve Kerr is just so likeable.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Warriors will be tough to game plan for since 2 significant players may or may not play.. and Steve Kerr can teach a master class on basketball psychology. I mean he played for both Pops and Phil. Will KD play? Watch him be available at tip off on some game. He's not going to ever reveal his hand and throw us off. Weren't Steph and Klay supposed to miss game 1 against Portland?

The Warriors best two defenders are easily in my opinion Draymond and Iggy (Klay is over rated). Yet they won't have much of a rim protector. Bogut is well past his prime. Looney has been pretty good but he's no Embiid/Giannis/Lopez. Draymond is great but more of a tough post defender than a rim protector. Siakam should have a length advantage (finally) but I don't really see him having a good series because of Draymond. Pascal likes to use his feet and length to get around immobile defenders. Watch Draymond get a charge or two just by positioning his feet properly. Pascal needs to be careful.

Iggy won the FMVP because he "slowed" down Lebron. He's older but still as wise as he's ever been. Maybe the smartest defender in the league? I hate that the Warriors have him. He's really the most under rated Warrior and the guy I'm most worried about (outside of KD if he plays). He could keep Kawhi in check and go single coverage all game. Kawhi is going to have to work hard. Kawhi has faced some pretty tough defenders though and has still succeeded. But that match up will be tough I bet. We'll need to be smart with screens and try to get Kawhi some breathing room. What I like best about Kawhi though is he's trusting his teammates.. like he did in game 5. If the Warriors start double teaming him that makes is a lot easier to get wide open looks.

I'm excited to see Fred play in this series more than any other.. and I'm so glad he has his confidence back (thank-you Fred Jr). He's going to bully Steph all day every day. Just get in his grill, and never give up. Steph loves playing in Toronto.. but Fred can try to rattle him. I'm not worried too much about Klay even though he can go off. He's still a sub-20 ppg player. I think guys like Danny and Norm would do a good job chasing him around screens and making it difficult. Just hope Danny figures it out as we'll need his shot back.

Obviously this will be a tough ass series. Need to try to settle the emotions as much as possible and work hard to win game 1.. possibly the easiest game of the series. Warriors will be on a long lay off, and won't have KD. Boogie might play too and that could actually back fire for them (Gasol would love that match up). We're at home and riding a high even though we have 5 games off. Will be really tough to see that one slip away.

I have to be optimistic.. going with Raps in 5. We win at home, split one in Oracle, and win out in 5. Yeah its a gutsy call but making it.

Let's go Raptors!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Warriors will be tough to game plan for since 2 significant players may or may not play.. and Steve Kerr can teach a master class on basketball psychology. I mean he played for both Pops and Phil. Will KD play? Watch him be available at tip off on some game. He's not going to ever reveal his hand and throw us off. Weren't Steph and Klay supposed to miss game 1 against Portland?

The Warriors best two defenders are easily in my opinion Draymond and Iggy (Klay is over rated). Yet they won't have much of a rim protector. Bogut is well past his prime. Looney has been pretty good but he's no Embiid/Giannis/Lopez. Draymond is great but more of a tough post defender than a rim protector. Siakam should have a length advantage (finally) but I don't really see him having a good series because of Draymond. Pascal likes to use his feet and length to get around immobile defenders. Watch Draymond get a charge or two just by positioning his feet properly. Pascal needs to be careful.

Iggy won the FMVP because he "slowed" down Lebron. He's older but still as wise as he's ever been. Maybe the smartest defender in the league? I hate that the Warriors have him. He's really the most under rated Warrior and the guy I'm most worried about (outside of KD if he plays). He could keep Kawhi in check and go single coverage all game. Kawhi is going to have to work hard. Kawhi has faced some pretty tough defenders though and has still succeeded. But that match up will be tough I bet. We'll need to be smart with screens and try to get Kawhi some breathing room. What I like best about Kawhi though is he's trusting his teammates.. like he did in game 5. If the Warriors start double teaming him that makes is a lot easier to get wide open looks.

I'm excited to see Fred play in this series more than any other.. and I'm so glad he has his confidence back (thank-you Fred Jr). He's going to bully Steph all day every day. Just get in his grill, and never give up. Steph loves playing in Toronto.. but Fred can try to rattle him. I'm not worried too much about Klay even though he can go off. He's still a sub-20 ppg player. I think guys like Danny and Norm would do a good job chasing him around screens and making it difficult. Just hope Danny figures it out as we'll need his shot back.

Obviously this will be a tough ass series. Need to try to settle the emotions as much as possible and work hard to win game 1.. possibly the easiest game of the series. Warriors will be on a long lay off, and won't have KD. Boogie might play too and that could actually back fire for them (Gasol would love that match up). We're at home and riding a high even though we have 5 games off. Will be really tough to see that one slip away.

I have to be optimistic.. going with Raps in 5. We win at home, split one in Oracle, and win out in 5. Yeah its a gutsy call but making it.

Let's go Raptors!
                    KD & Cousins in and out of the lineup works both ways, though. It's really, really tough to integrate high usage guys into any lineup. And then there's the defensive schemes, chemistry and rotations. You need 5 guys on a string. Raps seem to be peaking at the right time and figuring out a few their roles on offense - playing off Kawhi. Adjusting to KD & Boogie could backfire and cost the Warriors a game, perhaps. It wouldn't be too surprising to see the Dubs change things up at the last minute and have both of them starting Game 1 or 2, if they're close, just to get the adjustment process started early. KD & Boogie will both be back in the starting lineup by Game 3, at the latest.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Ugh these late games...
                      7&6 PM in Calgary
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

7&6 PM in Calgary
                        4 AM here. I'm literally seeing changes on my face after trying to watch these playoff games. I guess I have serious fan issues. Should try to somehow watch it next evening and try not to find out about the final result.
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                          Steve Kerr is just so likeable.

Steve Kerr literally promoting cheering for Canada.

What I love about this series its truly the Evil Empire vs Kawhi is and his lovable gang of misfits.

Kawhi, with a group from Canada that have a storied history with heartbreak, breaking up the Warriors dynasty is a story the NBA could truly embrace
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Comment

Again, i don't know Durant't status in this series. But if he doesn't play then i think we have a chance.

Kawhi guarded Butler in the Sixers series, Giannis in the Bucks series, in this series(assuming Durant is out) i'd like to see them put Kawhi on Green. Just shut him down. Green facilitated the Warriors offence in the Blazers series, and also in games 5 and 6 against the Rockets. If the Raptors can shut him down then it would mean less open looks for guys like Klay and Curry.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

7&6 PM in Calgary
                                Yeah, its good for you. When I lived in Calgary in the past it was the opposite problem: getting home from work and somehow watching the game over food & family. PVR all the way then and you know what? PVR all the way now. I'm going to do the unthinkable this series (except for the "final" game) and that's to PVR the damn thing and watch it in the morning. Sorry NBA but nothing messes with my sleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X