Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1, NBA FINALS: Golden State Warriors @ Toronto Raptors - Thursday May 30th, 9pm ET ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Does anybody have cool plans for the celebrations or viewing parties going forward?
    A friend and I are going to a free showing of Game 2 at a Cineplex. He went yesterday and said it was really loud in there
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Again I pity you all peasants for not saving your pennies in preparation for the biggest moment of your lives. If you were not in the Scotia Bank Arena last night, you missed out possibly two decades plus some of your pathetic lives. .

By the way, I heard ratings were done 18% compared to last year’s finals game 1. Nielsen ratings without taking into account Canadian figures was the main reason. Adam Silver may not be happy about this.

Anyway, break your piggy banks and see you on Sunday.

Comment

• do we have any viewing parties in Scarborough?

Comment

• The post game commentary from Golden State is interesting to me. Both Kerr and Draymond talked about how they didn't have any first hand experience with this team, and no tapes to go off of so they weren't as prepared. But then wouldn't the same apply to Toronto? Nurse and co didn't have any first hand experience with these guys either. And on top of that, didn't Toronto provide plenty of material to review in rounds 1-3?

I'm not counting the Warriors out, but what they're talking about seems more akin to laziness (or doubt) and me trying to wing it on my finals as opposed to not having review material.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
            The post game commentary from Golden State is interesting to me. Both Kerr and Draymond talked about how they didn't have any first hand experience with this team, and no tapes to go off of so they weren't as prepared. But then wouldn't the same apply to Toronto? Nurse and co didn't have any first hand experience with these guys either. And on top of that, didn't Toronto provide plenty of material to review in rounds 1-3?

I'm not counting the Warriors out, but what they're talking about seems more akin to laziness (or doubt) and me trying to wing it on my finals as opposed to not having review material.
            Those post game comments reeked of bullshit

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
              The post game commentary from Golden State is interesting to me. Both Kerr and Draymond talked about how they didn't have any first hand experience with this team, and no tapes to go off of so they weren't as prepared. But then wouldn't the same apply to Toronto? Nurse and co didn't have any first hand experience with these guys either. And on top of that, didn't Toronto provide plenty of material to review in rounds 1-3?

Yeah those comments were hilarious. Like the Raptors showed up from China with nothing but grainy footage and rumors from foreign sources
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                Again I pity you all peasants for not saving your pennies in preparation for the biggest moment of your lives. If you were not in the Scotia Bank Arena last night, you missed out possibly two decades plus some of your pathetic lives. .

By the way, I heard ratings were done 18% compared to last year’s finals game 1. Nielsen ratings without taking into account Canadian figures was the main reason. Adam Silver may not be happy about this.

Anyway, break your piggy banks and see you on Sunday.
                I was at the game yesterday and it was nuts!! At least I can say I saw an NBA finals with the Raps once in my life in person (sat in section 119m, which is the scotiaclub seats and that was amazing in itself as it was the first time for me being in those seats)

If the Raps do go to game 5 with a 3-1 lead or game 7 i will break the bank to be there live...moments like this happen so few and far between and if Kawhi leaves we may not make the finals in a long time again...

By the way -- Raps 3-0 when Im there live (Game 7 Philly, Game 6 clincher and yesterday). Scaptor has nothing on me
                Last edited by sanyo; Fri May 31, 2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Does anybody have cool plans for the celebrations or viewing parties going forward?
                    Cineplex has viewing parties for people outside the toronto area.

for me to stand outside and watch the game isnt for me.

I was at the game last night and i just loved it! Being there live, nothing beats it obviously. Game 2 I plan to watch at home on the 4k HD (All Raps home games are in 4k and picture is brilliant). Game 3 and 4 Ill be in Miami for a conference so Ill be watching it at a local bar or something there (wont be as fun obviously since no one will care who wins).

Game 5 if we are 3-1 up Ill try to buy tickets. Game 6 home. Game 7 I will somehow find my way to be there in the building since it's never likely to happen again in a long long time (and im good luck Raps 3-0 in playoffs with me being there live)
                    Last edited by sanyo; Fri May 31, 2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post

I was at the game yesterday and it was nuts!! At least I can say I saw an NBA finals with the Raps once in my life in person (sat in section 119m, which is the scotiaclub seats and that was amazing in itself as it was the first time for me being in those seats)

If the Raps do go to game 5 with a 3-1 lead or game 7 i will break the bank to be there live...moments like this happen so few and far between and if Kawhi leaves we may not make the finals in a long time again...

By the way -- Raps 3-0 when Im there live (Game 7 Philly, Game 6 clincher and yesterday). Scaptor has nothing on me
                      3 - 0. Let's start a Fund Me page to send sanyo to game 2. We need to win that contest to protect home court!

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

3 - 0. Let's start a Fund Me page to send sanyo to game 2. We need to win that contest to protect home court!
                        lol yes please everyone contribute!!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Shout out to Mississauga ... god damn ... so cool. That's as many people as were inside the ACC!

It's crazy. Even the overhead view of Jurassic Park back in the Bucks series was overflowed into multiple huge areas, thousands upon thousands of screaming fans. Now you throw in the other cities and Cineplex showing the game for free and wow.

I know Kawhi and the other players are aware of the crowds but I wonder if they really understand the magnitude of the support in Canada.

Comment

This is so surreal.

I wish I was in Toronto
                            You got a place to stay if you come out

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

It's crazy. Even the overhead view of Jurassic Park back in the Bucks series was overflowed into multiple huge areas, thousands upon thousands of screaming fans. Now you throw in the other cities and Cineplex showing the game for free and wow.

I know Kawhi and the other players are aware of the crowds but I wonder if they really understand the magnitude of the support in Canada.
                              If Kawhi is leaving, nothing will change his mind.

If he likes this and he will be sports God of Canada (I think he will be biggest star in Canada) then he stays...also maybe Uncle Dennis will like the higher cut of Kawhi's salary since he cant get 5 year max anywhere else.

By the way anyone see the new ad for New Balance a billboard they put up in Oakland with Kawhi... basically has him with all the teams they have beaten scratched out and GS last...

Man he will not likely get that kind of pub being with the Clippers. New Balance will be a bigger brand than Nike in Canada if he stays LOL

Comment

I have a BBQ, a hot tub and a 100" screen on 700 sq ft outdoor deck with no houses around. We've had close to 100 people on that deck before; I'm going to have a Raptor Game open house.

Comment

Working...
                                X