Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1, NBA FINALS: Golden State Warriors @ Toronto Raptors - Thursday May 30th, 9pm ET ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Kawhi "Marcus Aurelius" Leonard
    "In short, know this: Human lives are brief and trivial. Yesterday a blob of semen; tomorrow embalming fluid, ash." - Marcus Aurelius

Er, maybe I could have found a better quote...
    OG is our king

Comment

Raps 1pt favs @ Vegas

Comment

Man, I'll be mad if Alfonzo McKinnie has any sort of impact against the Raptors. I always like him when he was here. We waived him, and now the dude out of the blue just averaged ~18 minutes per game on the freaking western conference finals on a stacked team like Golden State. Crazy.

Comment

I'm sure Nick Nurse is re-watching all those games against the Clippers in round one.

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post
            Was at the game last night... again truly privileged to be there. I saw the Kawhi shot in game 7 last series and then saw the bucks eliminated and see Eastern Conference Finals was amazing!! Raptors after the game walked around the 100 level with the trophy with everyone around them and that was fricking amazing!!! Almost got to touch Kawhi as he was 2 people away from me but man what a moment!!

Street scene was nuts! I didnt venture into other parts of Toronto as I got out of the arena, partied for an hour with the people outside the arena and then drove home...but i heard it was a scene all night

Next stop is the finals... everyone writing off the Raps.. but if the D comes along I think they got a shot. Kawhi is going to neutralize one of Curry or Thompson... I assume Thompson or Green on Kawhi.

Gonna be a series for sure!!
            What a fantastic time! Suspect Iggy will be on Kawhi.

Comment

First Finals Appearance. First Finals taking place outside of Canada. Home Court Advantage.

Unless the Raptors win the whole thing; regardless of outcome THIS will be the most important game in Raptors history and a historical one for the NBA as well.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

The Finals. Unbelievable.

Scraptor will go down in history for this run. Let's take a couple off Goliath off the bat here.

Raps in 7.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Still not totally processing this new reality, but damn.... it sure feels good. We effin deserve this.

But.... the job isn't done yet. The Evil Empire awaits. Let's wipe that smirk off their smug-ass faces.

4 wins away ....

In Scraptor We Trust.

Comment

Scraptor has now swept 2 teams in the playoffs. He's 9-1. One day there may be a 30 for 30 about him.

Long Live Scrappy. This is the endgame. Lets achieve this collective dream.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

You guys are too nice. We live and die together. We also say Fuck the Warriors together.

I'm glad that the tiny edit I had made to one of the quotes either went unnoticed or seemed so fitting that no one raised an eyebrow.

*the punctuation for that one doesn't show up in ios safari, so people may also just think I'm an idiot lol
                      Last edited by Scraptor; Mon May 27, 2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Theres so much body language prior to and in this picture that Scraptor put up. Someone else touched on it yesterday.

Kawhi is standing there just kind of sheepishly clapping for (barkley voice) ERNEH and Wayne Embry etc. People keep kind of nudging that he take the trophy, from Masai, to Kyle, etc. Danny is standing beside Kawhi and totally gets Kawhi, and has been thru a lot with him, and is just kind of understanding the whole Kawhi saying no thanks thing.

Then the owner makes his speech to semi tepid applause cause who cares about the owner. Now he's like "here MVP this is yours!!" and Kawhis like "nah, I'm good, Mr. Billionaire." Then Tannenbaum just kind of offers it to Danny in an act of desperation. Dannys like "nah I'm cool", probably knowing its not his place to be raising it. Its quickly becoming a stand off and a tad awkward, ERNEH is starting to go "someone take the damn trophy" when Finally you see Phil Handy, asst coach, kawhi friend and confidant, be like "LIFT THE DAMN TROPHY FOR THESE PEOPLE" kinda thing, and Kawhi IMMEDIATELY kinda goes alright fine, asks for it, lifts it.

ACC Crowd? Loses it. Bonkers. Phil Handy, nodding, going YEAH THATS WHAT I MEAN THESE PEOPLE LOVE YOU BRUH, THEY NEEDED THIS, Danny, smirking as seen here, knowing Kawhi is doing it reluctantly. And Kawhi, as the MVP chants and noise picks up, unable to hid a happy smirk. He's been a superstar, a finals MVP, and a pretty big deal before Toronto. Has he ever been quite this beloved as a saviour? I'm not so sure.

Comment

Handy is awesome.. anyone see this:

Comment

Anyone else have a thought cross their mind last couple days "I wonder what Derozan is thinking right now?"

Part of him is forsure happy for Kyle, the rest of his ex teammates and staff (Probably excluding front office lol)...but part of him, the human nature side, has gotta be for a lack of a better word..jealous. You know he always wanted to be that guy lifting that trophy 2 posts up and getting the MVP chants, so SO bad.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Anyone else have a thought cross their mind last couple days "I wonder what Derozan is thinking right now?"

Part of him is forsure happy for Kyle, the rest of his ex teammates and staff (Probably excluding front office lol)...but part of him, the human nature side, has gotta be for a lack of a better word..jealous. You know he always wanted to be that guy lifting that trophy 2 posts up and getting the MVP chants, so SO bad.
                              Dude was trending after Game 6.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Would be really huge for him if he shows up in Toronto supporting his best friend and former teammates for a game. JV did that in game one against Orlando. Biyombo showed up for game 6. He doesn't have to, but it would be really awesome of him if he did.

Comment

Working...
                                X