Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1, NBA FINALS: Golden State Warriors @ Toronto Raptors - Thursday May 30th, 9pm ET ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 1, NBA FINALS: Golden State Warriors @ Toronto Raptors - Thursday May 30th, 9pm ET ABC

STARTERS:

AT

STARTERS:

NOTES:
    • Raps won the season series 2-0, winning the first game 131-128 in OT in TO and the second game 113-93 in GS without Kawhi.
    • During the regular season, Golden State was 1st in ORatg and 13th in Dratg; the Raps were 5th and 5th.
    • During the playoffs, Golden State is 1st in ORatg and 9th in Dratg; the Raps are 9th and 2nd.
    • Golden State is also 1st in points off turnovers this playoffs, but the Raps are 4th best in limiting points off turnovers.
    • KD is OUT for Game 1 and Cousins is questionable. I'm guessing they start Bogut vs Gasol and bring in Cousins off the bench. But note that Jordan Bell got a start last game so it's anyone's guess what big they put next to Green.
    • Warriors have won every game since KD went down. KD has been arguing online with fans that the team is not better without him. Why does he do this? “I’m qualified. Because I have social media. I’m an elongated, legless reptile with a social media account,” Durant said. -per The Athletic
    • This is the last season the Warriors will play at the Oracle Arena, as they abandon Oakland for San Francisco just like a bandwagoner leaving for better pastures.
    • "It's taken a long time to get here in my career, 13 years, seven years here," [Lowry] said, his baseball cap reading "NBA Finals" pulled down over his forehead. "I'm going to savour the moment, but I'm not satisfied. Our goal is to win the NBA championship." - per Lori Ewing CP
    • "One thing I've learned about these moments is about toughness. I don't care what talent you have, if you don't have toughness you're not going to be here. We're here today and we won tonight's game because we have toughness. We've got people that are tough. Kawhi's got skill but he's a tough guy. He's hurt but he's playing and he keeps pushing. You've got Kyle, he hurt his finger but he keeps going. Those moments, it's something I've learned, when you get to this point it's more about toughness than skill." - Serge Ibaka after ECF game 6 per @jlew1050
    • Per sources, the Raptors are quietly optimistic that they’ll get OG Anunoby back at some point vs. Warriors in the NBA Finals. They don’t know for sure, but spacing of games should help. Also long breaks between most games helps Kawhi quite a bit. @WolstatSun
    • When the Raptors were down 2-0 vs the Bucks, analysts noted that only 7% of teams that go down 2-0 in the NBA playoffs come back to win.

WINS REMAINING:

Last edited by Scraptor; Mon May 27, 2019, 08:48 PM.

FINALS!!!!
    We're in the FINALS!!!!

Comment

Prediction: the Raptors take game one and all the "experts" are left dumbfounded.

Comment

I still can't believe we're in the finals.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

I hope the crowd has the same energy and enthusiasm from last game. Really want to land the first punch this series
          OG is our king

Comment

The NBA Finals are going to be played in Canada. I’m giddy
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I didn't think the raps could beat the bucks and i dont think they can beat the warriors. But god help the warriors if these guys knock down their shots. If fred and norm keep rolling, and danny has been saving it for the brightest lights, then the raps have a good shot at taking this. These guys are motivated, no one knows what kawhi may do this summer, amd so its now or never mentality for kyle, gasol, ibaka and green. Especially gasol, this is what he came here for and he is gonna cause problems for GSW. If there is one thing i've learned about this team so far this postseason, is that we don't struggle to generate good shots but we often struggle to knock them down. If the shots fall consistently, the warriors will have their hands full. And gotta reiterate serge's comments...some tough dudes on this team and thats gonna be important in this series.

Comment

I'm gonna chill on predictions and just enjoy this ride
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

As I said before, the world needs to know about the exploits of Scraptor. He will be spoken of in Toronto lore for eons to come. All Hail Scrappy!! Lead on oh great Leader!!

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    I'm gonna chill on predictions and just enjoy this ride
                    Psssst ... "Biggest Game in Raptors Franchise History"?!

Comment

Let us face it.
                      We need every atom of effort and accuracy against the warriors.
                      Can we defeat them ?
                      Yes
                      Will we defeat them ?
                      It is up to the players.

The Warriors are a great team, but as Robert De Niro said in The Score : If someone made it, then someone can open it.
                      We need to slow the Warriors down and protect the perimeter as if it was our life.
                      Danny Green has to wake up or get himself comfortable on the bench.
                      This series is not designed for Gasol, I am so sorry to say that.
                      Ibaka and Siakam will be the key in this series, we will go wherever they go.

Someone above said he did not believe that we were in the finale.
                      Why ?
                      You must not only believe that but also we can defeat the Warriors.

Raptors in 7.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                        As I said before, the world needs to know about the exploits of Scraptor. He will be spoken of in Toronto lore for eons to come. All Hail Scrappy!! Lead on oh great Leader!!

His jersey should definitely be retired.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

joey wrote: View Post

psssst ... "biggest game in raptors franchise history"?!

BIGGEST game in franchise history.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Scraptor is our Kawhi #GOAT
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Trying to figure out how to upload video from the bar I was at last night and the seen on the street afterwards ... stay tuned. Was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X