Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1, NBA FINALS: Golden State Warriors @ Toronto Raptors - Thursday May 30th, 9pm ET ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Handy is awesome.. anyone see this:

Lol, can totally see why he's here. Total players coach, they all love him. Kawhi wanting no part of it as usual lol...I'm wondering where they are all outside? Walking somewhere?

Oh and a final lol for all the filmed snapchat in the locker room being the Garbage Time Mob celebrating
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Would be really huge for him if he shows up in Toronto supporting his best friend and former teammates for a game. JV did that in game one against Orlando. Biyombo showed up for game 6. He doesn't have to, but it would be really awesome of him if he did.
      Man Demar practically deserves credit. We don't get Kawhi without that trade piece. And for a Raptors perspective, Demar being the alpha usage/iso scorer for years and then swapping out for Kawhi freaking Leonard was seamless. So the Spurs wanted him, and the Raptors probably preferred to any other deal. It wouldn't have worked as well if it was another guy for Kawhi, *cough* Lowry *cough*

Demar is one of the core builders of the We The North era 2013-2018, in a tier behind Kyle and Masai but in a 2nd tier all alone (you can argue Dwane Casey is with him but I don't agree). I will always put some respek on that name.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Would be really huge for him if he shows up in Toronto supporting his best friend and former teammates for a game. JV did that in game one against Orlando. Biyombo showed up for game 6. He doesn't have to, but it would be really awesome of him if he did.
        It would be awesome, but it might also be too raw. Like going to your longtime ex's wedding.

If he feels sad/jealous about it, I hope he takes comfort in knowing that he was one of the most important people in team history, and that we'll always have his back.

Comment

I dont know about you guys.....but I personally cant wait for Guillermo to ask Kawhi ridiculous questions on Jimmy Kimmel LOL

Comment

On a personal level; I would love to see these players specifically at home for Game 1 (or any home game): Demar, JV, and Ross. When I think about the Raptors who were Raptors when we got good; them and Lowry are the ones I think about the most. Amir and Patterson as well to a lesser extent.

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Man Demar practically deserves credit. We don't get Kawhi without that trade piece. And for a Raptors perspective, Demar being the alpha usage/iso scorer for years and then swapping out for Kawhi freaking Leonard was seamless. So the Spurs wanted him, and the Raptors probably preferred to any other deal. It wouldn't have worked as well if it was another guy for Kawhi, *cough* Lowry *cough*

Demar is one of the core builders of the We The North era 2013-2018, in a tier behind Kyle and Masai but in a 2nd tier all alone (you can argue Dwane Casey is with him but I don't agree). I will always put some respek on that name.
            I still think Lowry kept Casey employed for like 3 seasons longer than he should have been.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
              On a personal level; I would love to see these players specifically at home for Game 1 (or any home game): Demar, JV, and Ross. When I think about the Raptors who were Raptors when we got good; them and Lowry are the ones I think about the most. Amir and Patterson as well to a lesser extent.

I still think Lowry kept Casey employed for like 3 seasons longer than he should have been.
              And Playoff JV, ironically.

Comment

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2019/05...t-on-the-team/

Comment

This is funny as shit. But if it's for real... well, then it's kind of really, really sad.

Comment

Reporters saying Nurse says OG is still 10 days away. Tough news. Not sure if he should even play when he'll be rusty and without conditioning.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Reporters saying Nurse says OG is still 10 days away. Tough news. Not sure if he should even play when he'll be rusty and without conditioning.
                      Even if he was ready, he's not ready to play in the NBA Finals. Totally unfair to put him in there and expect him to be anything but awful.

Raps are an 8 man team here on out.

Comment

Im in the queue for tickets...1300 people ahead of me LOL dont think ill have a shot.

But i got a sneak peak at the standing room only prices

Standing room alone

$887 PER TICKET!

Comment

tickets sold out argh!

looks like ticketmaster verified will be the only way now, probably see a bunch of tickets start selling during the regular sale.
                          Last edited by sanyo; Mon May 27, 2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Made it in the top 20:
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...asts_in_Canada

Comment

I would expect NBA finals to be higher, especially if its a close competitive series.

Comment

Working...
                                X