Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1, NBA FINALS: Golden State Warriors @ Toronto Raptors - Thursday May 30th, 9pm ET ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbas wrote: View Post

I been telling you, no ones listens

Scraptor is the GOAT of Raptors Republic

I call dibs on inducting him into the RR Hall of Fame
    Only Scraptor is allowed to create the thread. IDC what happens. Hes posting every single game until the playoffs are over.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
      What will we do if Durant plays next game ?
      Slap that little snake back to the tall grass he calls home

Comment

• Way to go, Scraptor.

Heck of a game. Awesome win. Siakam and Gasol were awesome. Lowry was really good too in spite of the poor shooting, while Kawhi struggled but also hit some huge shots and had a pretty solid impact overall.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

Only Scraptor is allowed to create the thread. IDC what happens. Hes posting every single game until the playoffs are over.
          Yup

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

We worked out a three man rotation. I have faith in our whole roster.

Does anyone else feel drained as hell after these games? I can't even imagine what the players must be feeling.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

We worked out a three man rotation. I have faith in our whole roster.

Does anyone else feel drained as hell after these games? I can't even imagine what the players must be feeling.
              I'm surprised to say that I was pretty calm this game. We can totally win on our home court when Durant isn't playing... Warriors got pummeled the last time they had to play Kawhi in the playoffs until he got injured
              OG is our king

Comment

• Fred needs to be tethered to Curry in the next game.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

True

1. Siakam
                  2. Gasol
                  3. Fred vanvleet
                  Gasol's first half offence really raised questions that GSW couldn't answer, at least for one game. Siakam was dominant. If he finds a step back/pull up game he will be a terror. I thought Green played his best playoff game as a Raptor, too.

Credit to our coaches as well who clearly watched what GSW did to Lillard. Raps were ready for the way Warriors guarded Kawhi.

Comment

• Quote from Klay captured a lot of this game: "We did a pretty good job on Kawhi, but it's not Kawhi Leonard, it the Raptors. So we need to go back to the drawing board and see what we can do better for Sunday"

Kawhi is the rock of this team, but the truth is, long are the days where he was "playing on a island". The rest of the team has been maturing beautifully, bot offensively and defensively.

Comment

• That felt good.

When the Raptors are playing tough D, sharing the ball and making shots, they are unstoppable.

Clean up the 2nd chance points, but otherwise stick to the game plan.

Raptors lead the NBA finals... let that sink in and enjoy tonight, then on to game 2!

Comment

• Great exchange on NBA TV (paraphrasing):

Barkley : "Without KD, I don't know how the Warriors are gonna get enough points to beat this Raptors team 4 times in a week and a half. I'll give Steph and Klay 35 each. That's 70 points. These other guys, ain't nobody giving you 20. Draymond might get 16 to 18 on an excellent night, but these other Warrior guys, they're not scores. They're great overall players but they're not scorers".

Annonucer dude: How about Cousins?

Barkley (and others): He's not giving you 20 in this series. He doesn't have the conditioning after being out 6 weeks. I takes a lot of energy to score in the NBA finals

Announcer dude: "I mean, what year is this, Golden State can't score, I mean that sounds crazy..., but I get it though"

Isiah Thomas (the hall of famer): I doesn't sound crazy. You haven't heard that in 5 years about Golden State, but this Toronto team, we've said all year, this is one the best defensive teams the wariiors have had to play on the playoffs in the last 5 years. They got 6, possibly 7 players who are gonna be 1st or 2nd team all defence NBA in this league at some point. It is very difficult to score against this Toronto team, and it's gonna get increasingly more difficult as the series goes on. It reminds of the when the Warriors were up 3-1 vs the Cavs. What the cavs did was slow the game down. Golden State only got 78 attempts this game, they're usually on the high 80's . That's the style they're gonna have to play. The problem is Toronto is better at this tempo, defensively and offensively then the Warriors.

Segment concluded with the table agreeing that the Warriors will either have to get Durant back (in his usual playoff form) and/or dramatically improve their own defence, to bring the Raptors scoring down, so that both teams are mucked up on the early 100's per game (as opposed to the carefree run and gun 125+ for-both-teams games Warriors are used to play in)

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
                          I feel like I'm the only one in the world that is confident, like overly confident to the point I see Raptors winning in 4 or 5.

This team is so good on both ends of the court and when I look at gsw roster I don't see them having a chance.
                          Yeah not a single like or comment, said this before the game. I wasn't nervous at any point during the game, I'm in uncharted waters. Never been here so I don't know how to feel.

Gsw have 3 players right now and the rest are scrubs. I have no clue how so many so called basketball experts are saying gsw are going to win.

I don't care if kd comes back. He won't be the same player. I read he sold his house in golden state this week and bought a house in new York so the guys checked out.

This is our year, for all the day one fans out there we have walked a mile through hell to reach the light. Our time is now so relish every moment.

Raptors in 5.

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post

Yeah not a single like or comment, said this before the game. I wasn't nervous at any point during the game, I'm in uncharted waters. Never been here so I don't know how to feel.

Gsw have 3 players right now and the rest are scrubs. I have no clue how so many so called basketball experts are saying gsw are going to win.

I don't care if kd comes back. He won't be the same player. I read he sold his house in golden state this week and bought a house in new York so the guys checked out.

This is our year, for all the day one fans out there we have walked a mile through hell to reach the light. Our time is now so relish every moment.

Raptors in 5.
                            Nobody wants to jinx it hombre.

I would love it if you're right but I'm not tempting the basketball gods anytime soon.

Comment

• The way Raptors play defense it will be tough for the warriors to beat them. I hope igudala and kd both are done for the series. How sweet will it be to watch a dynasty crumble before our eyes.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Lowry and Kawhi were probably our worst two starters.. crazy!
                                Let's hope that is not the case in Game 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X