Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1, NBA FINALS: Golden State Warriors @ Toronto Raptors - Thursday May 30th, 9pm ET ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I have a BBQ, a hot tub and a 100" screen on 700 sq ft outdoor deck with no houses around. We've had close to 100 people on that deck before; I'm going to have a Raptor Game open house.
    nice have your own viewing party lol

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
      The post game commentary from Golden State is interesting to me. Both Kerr and Draymond talked about how they didn't have any first hand experience with this team, and no tapes to go off of so they weren't as prepared. But then wouldn't the same apply to Toronto? Nurse and co didn't have any first hand experience with these guys either. And on top of that, didn't Toronto provide plenty of material to review in rounds 1-3?

I'm not counting the Warriors out, but what they're talking about seems more akin to laziness (or doubt) and me trying to wing it on my finals as opposed to not having review material.
      It's bull. They both had multiple scouts at each team's prior round....

Comment

It's crazy. Even the overhead view of Jurassic Park back in the Bucks series was overflowed into multiple huge areas, thousands upon thousands of screaming fans. Now you throw in the other cities and Cineplex showing the game for free and wow.

I know Kawhi and the other players are aware of the crowds but I wonder if they really understand the magnitude of the support in Canada.
        Let's face it: 80% of those people couldnt name the starting lineup in February

but it's cool
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

but it's cool
          80%? Probably 95%....but then again we had so many different lineups this year so it may be confusing even for the most hardcore fan lol

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post

If Kawhi is leaving, nothing will change his mind.

If he likes this and he will be sports God of Canada (I think he will be biggest star in Canada) then he stays...also maybe Uncle Dennis will like the higher cut of Kawhi's salary since he cant get 5 year max anywhere else.

By the way anyone see the new ad for New Balance a billboard they put up in Oakland with Kawhi... basically has him with all the teams they have beaten scratched out and GS last...

Man he will not likely get that kind of pub being with the Clippers. New Balance will be a bigger brand than Nike in Canada if he stays LOL
            My comment had nothing to do with whether he stays or goes. I honestly don't spend even a microsecond thinking about it at this point; WE'RE IN THE FREAKIN FINALS!!!

Comment

My comment had nothing to do with whether he stays or goes. I honestly don't spend even a microsecond thinking about it at this point; WE'RE IN THE FREAKIN FINALS!!!
              yeah i know i was at the game yesterday lol

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post

I was at the game yesterday and it was nuts!! At least I can say I saw an NBA finals with the Raps once in my life in person (sat in section 119m, which is the scotiaclub seats and that was amazing in itself as it was the first time for me being in those seats)

If the Raps do go to game 5 with a 3-1 lead or game 7 i will break the bank to be there live...moments like this happen so few and far between and if Kawhi leaves we may not make the finals in a long time again...

By the way -- Raps 3-0 when Im there live (Game 7 Philly, Game 6 clincher and yesterday). Scaptor has nothing on me
                OK the first time I was really happy for you. Now I'm all like

Comment

but it's cool
                  Justin Lin and Kevin Lowry are my favs
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Justin Lin and Kevin Lowry are my favs
                    how to spot a casual:

"can't believe they traded Derozan"

Comment

• Some pretty giddy stuff written in this article. I suppose this is what happens when your team reaches the Finals and then wins the first game in good fashion.

“They’re very long and athletic,” Kerr said. “They’re tough. They get after you, and they play well together. They got a lot of versatility. I think they’re actually a lot like our team. They can switch and guard different positions and that sort of thing.”
                      https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.874ec70246ef

Comment

• After the Bucks series, you can sense from the media of the NBA that Raptors seem to be for real, now after game 1 they believe that Raptors are for real.
                        Man, right now, it is all about game 2. We win game 2 and Warriors will have to put their souls on the line.

Comment

how to spot a casual:

I'm wearing my Huskie's DeRozan jersey today

Comment

• If there was a fans trophy the Raptors would have that one already.

Comment

how to spot a casual:

LOL yes. Or...

"jesus christ I hope raptors don't blow this/omg they're going to blow this *hyperventilates*"

Casual: "why can you just be positive? What kind of fan are you?"

Comment

• Watching the game on tv, the arena seemed somewhat quiet. For folks that attended, what was the atmosphere like? Im sure it was great, but seemed way to quiet for the situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X