Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #4: Toronto Raptors 87 - Brooklyn Nets 79 (Series Tied 2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I always thought they reseeded or reset the bracket for 2nd round with lowest taking on highest.

I guess not, eh?
    No, NBA is brackets. NHL used to re-seed but that's gone to brackets as well.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Jason Goff and Sam Mitchell on Sirius NBA radio apparently confirmed the fact that Brooklyn wanted to play Toronto through teams sources. It wasn't simply 'resting players'. Suggest you call into to NBA Sirius XM radio 1-855-622-dunk and ask frank isola on the morning show. He will confirm this for you. He lives in New York and is a well respected NBA writer and host.
      There is a difference between wanting to play a team and targeting and tanking to play a team. Raptors were the most inexperienced out of the top 4 seeds. You can't fault them for wanting to play Raptors. Still doesn't prove blatant tanking. It can't be proven because no one knew the 3rd/4th seeds until the very last mins of the last day of the season. (Bulls game went to OT and they would have had 3rd seed if they won)
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
        No, NBA is brackets. NHL used to re-seed but that's gone to brackets as well.
        Thanks for clarification, gents.

Comment

• Well more crowd shots of Maple Leaf Square (aka Raptor Square aka Heaven's Ghetto.... where is that 2Pac pic?) on TNT - because we know the games will be on TNT if it is the HEAT - is not a bad thing either.

If they can be competitive and even win a game or two, all the better.

Oh yeah, they have to finish this series first.

Comment

• Peter Jackson - Welcome To Jurassic Park (Toronto Raptors Playoff Tribute)

https://soundcloud.com/peterjacksonm...layoff-tribute

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              There is a difference between wanting to play a team and targeting and tanking to play a team. Raptors were the most inexperienced out of the top 4 seeds. You can't fault them for wanting to play Raptors. Still doesn't prove blatant tanking. It can't be proven because no one knew the 3rd/4th seeds until the very last mins of the last day of the season. (Bulls game went to OT and they would have had 3rd seed if they won)
              Well, nothing can be proven about it. That's not the point. If that's all you care about, I don't know why you're discussing it at all, because you can't prove they didn't tank either.

Some things to note:
              -Brooklyn was one of the hottest teams in the league since January.
              -Brooklyn had a nice lead on Washington where they would have only needed to win one more of their last 5 (they went 1-4) to ensure a 5th seed
              -Brooklyn's final five games were all against sub-.500 teams, with only one playoff team, Atlanta, the 8th seed...
              -Three of those games were home games, where Brooklyn had only lost to Toronto and OKC since January 1st...and they lost 2 of them.
              -They weren't actually sitting out guys until the last game (maybe one or two each game, but nothing like the last game where they played a tight all-reserves lineup). They were losing because they weren't playing hard at all and just didn't seem to care about winning.
              -After their final win against Orlando, they guaranteed themselves an at-worst 6th seed, meaning their last couple of games had to be losses if they wanted to have a good shot at getting that spot.

Seems to me that they did want a good chance at 6th seed. Wouldn't have been too hard (one more win against a bad team) to guarantee 5th seed. Seems they wanted the 2/7-3/6 bracket, and hoped Toronto would stay in their 3rd spot, especially by the last couple of games. *Again, this is as much about the 2nd round as the first.

I can't prove anything....but really, can you prove they didn't play to lose? It's not about proving anything, it's about it being possible at all, and being fun to discuss it because it's a totally stupid and arrogant thing for a team to do.

*And also, you can't say "well they didn't know and if Chicago had won in OT..." because Toronto knew Chicago lost by the 2nd half of their last game...where they clearly stopped playing hard, and Casey admitted to resting guys down the stretch of that game and basically not caring about the outcome since they knew their seeding was locked down. So if Chicago had won, maybe Toronto plays a better 2nd half knowing they have something at stake and keep their 3rd seed anyway.
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                You act like we dont know we need to play good defense though. Everyone knows this. You act like its some revelation that this team is better when they play defense.
                Glf is like the Leo rautins of this forum lmao
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  how? They were just resting players.
                  Are you like a secret representative from the nba to change the perceptive of us raptors fans because we are close to knowing the secret. Damn man I know your like a brother from Waterloo but everything you post has to do with nba/Brooklyn being correct with what they do
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    Glf is like the Leo rautins of this forum lmao
                    Glf is gil from the Simpsons. "Ohhh gaaawd, my lifes in shambles. I shoild have known! We allllll should have knoooown!"
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

If we beat the Nets and play Miami it might be even crazier.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

love it. fuck hockey.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                            "The Nets are going to win this series, they have EXPERIENCE and know how to get it done in the 4th quarter of close games" - every media person.

>>Raptors proceed to win the last 3 fourth quarters convincingly.
                            Let's make them eat those words.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              love it. fuck hockey.
                              Just pray Craig doesn't see this comment.

Comment

• "TORONTO (April 28, 2014) – The Toronto Raptors’ Northern Uprising continues to inspire fans across the country, as overnight data from BBM Canada confirms that Sunday night’s Game 4 against the Brooklyn Nets attracted an average audience of 885,000 viewers, making it the second most-watched Raptors game ever, just behind the Raptors’ Game 7 loss to Philadelphia in 2001*.

Audience levels peaked at 1.46 million late in the fourth quarter as the Raptors secured the 87-79 victory. The game is the most-watched First Round game in the history of the NBA Playoffs on Canadian television.

Confirming the Raptors’ popularity in their hometown, Game 4 was the most-watched sports broadcast of the week in the Greater Toronto Area, delivering more viewers than any hockey game, and reached 20.5% of viewers.

Overall, the Raptors’ First Round NBA PLAYOFFS series against the Brooklyn Nets on TSN has attracted a total reach audience of 6 million unique viewers through the first four games."

Shit. This is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X