Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2, NBA FINALS: Golden State Warriors @ Toronto Raptors - Sunday June 2nd, 8pm ET TSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game 2, NBA FINALS: Golden State Warriors @ Toronto Raptors - Sunday June 2nd, 8pm ET TSN








    STARTERS:













    AT



    STARTERS:











    NOTES:
    • In game 1 the Rap frontcourt of Kawhi/Pascal/Marc outscored Iggy/Draymond/Bell 75-18.
    • Game 1 was just the 3rd time in 99 games this season Golden State made 34 or fewer field goals (regular season and playoffs) @kirkgoldsberry
    • Kyle Lowry has drawn 15 charges in the playoffs (out of 20 total for the Raps). The Warriors as a team have 17 charges these playoffs. No other team has more than 11.
    • Pascal tied for second best FG% on 17 or more field goal attempts in a playoff game, behind only Sam Jones and Michael Jordan (tied for first).
    • Fred VanYeet https://streamable.com/kdfj5near impossible





    WINS REMAINING:

    Last edited by Scraptor; Tue Jun 4th, 2019, 11:29 PM.

  • #2
    "the correct name for a female donkey is a jenny."


    XD
    All man. All amazing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Defend homecourt!
      All man. All amazing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Fun facts. The last time Scraptor lost a game:

        - Obama was president

        -

        McDonalds had pizza

        -

        The #1 song in the country was "rock around the clock" by Bill Haley and the Comets

        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • #5
          In Scaptor, we trust. Lead us to another glorious victory, GOAT of Raptors Republic!

          Comment


          • #6
            Any thoughts about what the Warriors might do next game? Will they stop double teaming Kawhi in favour of Pascal? Or send a lot more help defenders to Pascal, similar to what the 76ers did?

            Are they going to try and make Lowry, Gasol, and Green beat them? Hmmmm...

            Comment


            • #7
              suspenders wrote: View Post
              Any thoughts about what the Warriors might do next game? Will they stop double teaming Kawhi in favour of Pascal? Or send a lot more help defenders to Pascal, similar to what the 76ers did?

              Are they going to try and make Lowry, Gasol, and Green beat them? Hmmmm...
              I think they are gonna put Draymond on Gasol and their bigs will sag off Pascal like in Sixers with Embiid but Bell and Looney are far cry from Embiid. Maybe they are gonna test Kawhi and see how he is 1 on 1 and stay on shooters.
              All man. All amazing.

              Comment


              • #8
                Just 3 more to go....





                Little known fact: More Raptors have worn the #3 jersey than any other number.
                1. Zan Tabak 1996-1998
                2. Chauncey Billups 1998
                3. LaMark Baker 1999
                4. Haywoode Workman 2000
                5. Tracy Murray 2001
                6. Loren Woods 2005-2006
                7. Juan Dixon 2007-2008
                8. Marcus Banks 2009-2011
                9. Hassan Adams 2009
                10. Gary Forbes 2012
                11. Kyle Lowry 2013
                12. Nando De Colo 2014
                13. James Johnson 2015-2016
                14. OG Anunoby 2018-2019

                Expecting a big game from a former #3 and possible return from the current #3.

                Oh, and........ Scraptor FTW-W-W




                Let's GO!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I switched to Chauncey over Tabak because even though Tabak played a lot more minutes for the Raps, Chauncey was the one who talked some sense into Lowry that one offseason, and the Raps remind me a lot of the 04 Pistons.

                  Comment


                  • #10


                    I know the theme has been obscure older raptors for the #s (Zan tabak...sounds like heartburn medication)..but if we get to 2 does Scraptor buck tradition and go with a decent Raptor of (very) recent history?

                    I'm on the edge of my seat
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      suspenders wrote: View Post
                      Any thoughts about what the Warriors might do next game? Will they stop double teaming Kawhi in favour of Pascal? Or send a lot more help defenders to Pascal, similar to what the 76ers did?

                      Are they going to try and make Lowry, Gasol, and Green beat them? Hmmmm...
                      I was surprised Kerr didn't put Bogut on Gasol at all. I think we might see that happen in game 2.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Scraptor wrote: View Post

                        I was surprised Kerr didn't put Bogut on Gasol at all. I think we might see that happen in game 2.
                        Interesting. But wouldn't that hurt the rest of their speed? Gasol kept up with the pace pretty well last night. Can Bogut?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          suspenders wrote: View Post

                          Interesting. But wouldn't that hurt the rest of their speed? Gasol kept up with the pace pretty well last night. Can Bogut?
                          Bogut is slow, but he has some of the intangibles that Gasol brings to the table: he's a great passer and a savvy defender. He can't shoot but then neither can Bell or Looney.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Scraptor wrote: View Post

                            Bogut is slow, but he has some of the intangibles that Gasol brings to the table: he's a great passer and a savvy defender. He can't shoot but then neither can Bell or Looney.
                            Looney defended Kawhi very well in space, when the Raps hunted the mismatch. And he was active at the rim and quick on the perimeter. Bogut's footspeed might hurt them in the same situation. Jordan Bell only played 12 minutes, so giving Looney more minutes is an option for them.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              [*]Kyle Lowry has drawn 15 charges in the playoffs (out of 20 total for the Raps). The Warriors as a team have 17 charges these playoffs. No other team has more than 11.
                              That's an incredible stat. His ability to anticipate how the opposing offensive play will develop 2 or 3 steps in advance (which allows him to plant himself in the right spot beforehand), is way, way above that of the average NBA player.

                              To me a charge is like a bucket in reverse. It's arguably better than a bucket, considering that besides preventing a basket on your end, you're adding to the opposing team's tally of personal/team fouls, and it's a deflating, momentum breaker. It's also the ultimate hustle, "not in my house" play that energizes your own team. It's not as esthetic as a clean shot-block, but it always gives you the possession of the ball back (which blocks don't), and if the team is in the bonus you're shooting free throws.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X