Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2, NBA FINALS: Golden State Warriors @ Toronto Raptors - Sunday June 2nd, 8pm ET TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post
    Never understood why Charges aren't counted in with Steals or Blocks, or counted at all as legitimate stats ... it's basically the same thing as a steal or a block, in terms of what it does for your team.
    Charges are better than a steal or a block because it draws a foul.....

Comment

My question is : Will Nick Nurse make any adjustment ?
      Or because he won game 1, he try using the same plane for game 2 ?

Comment

After dispatching the Bucks, we are done with Godzilla and Bambi.....but that doesn't mean we're done

Last edited by Jclaw; Fri May 31, 2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

suspenders wrote: View Post
          Any thoughts about what the Warriors might do next game? Will they stop double teaming Kawhi in favour of Pascal? Or send a lot more help defenders to Pascal, similar to what the 76ers did?

Are they going to try and make Lowry, Gasol, and Green beat them? Hmmmm...
          I'm 95% sure that Draymondis going to guard pascal. Read his post game and he said its his responsibility to shut down pascal.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            After dispatching the Bucks, we are done with Godzilla and Bambi.....but that doesn't mean we're done

What kind of military strategy is a good idea to set up shop on a long ass bridge over the ocean against a FUCKING GIANT LIZARD MONSTER

didnt think that one thru
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I still can't picture "Your NBA Champion Toronto Raptors"...its like only video games or dreams you wake up from..

We need to win game 2. Durant is coming back. Nobodies just "happy to be here" anymore. This is real
              The goal should be to protect home and steal at least one away for these first four ... and then to not pull an OKC or GSW (as I believe thats how they lost to the Cavs in one of the series if memory serves right).
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

This Jersey is actually not bad.

Also, GSW will tighten up their act next game.
                I expect a more competitive, physical battle.

Mad respect for Curry, the best shooter ever,
                but he is a big time FLOPPER.
                One huge reason why I started to dislike him as a player.
                Players like him ruin the game.

Kawhi plays the game right, clean , honest old school ball.
                I hope more kids learn from him.

I see game 2 as slightly favoring GSW, but I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

What kind of military strategy is a good idea to set up shop on a long ass bridge over the ocean against a FUCKING GIANT LIZARD MONSTER

didnt think that one thru
                  Kind of like putting Draymond on Pascal

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

I could see Golden State using Looney, like the Sixers used Embiid, to sag off Pascal and dare him to shoot 3's. That frees up Draymond to check Gasol and also dare him to shoot 3's and roam/help when he goes passive. Looney has a 7-3 wingspan looks like a good defender. They just have to go back and look at the Sixers series.... Raps never really figured out that defense.
                    Wait, if Draymond is going to sag off Gasol, why not just have him sag off of Pascal? Isn't that what they were already doing, hence all the open threes for Pascal?
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Wait, if Draymond is going to sag off Gasol, why not just have him sag off of Pascal? Isn't that what they were already doing, hence all the open threes for Pascal?
                      Except that it looks like Draymond might not be tall, long or athletic enough to deter Pascal from driving to the rim, like Embiid or Giannis. Pascal took it right at Draymond. Not saying Looney is an upgrade over Green, but he is taller and longer. He did a pretty good job in space guarding Kawhi, 1-on-1. I think they'll live with Pascal taking 10 threes a game.

Comment

2 thoughts:

1) In the last 3 series Siakam has been guarded primarily by :

Draymond Green
                        Giannis
                        Joel Embiid

Arguably 3 of the best defenders in the league. Huge props to Pascal for putting up the numbers he’s putting up. You take Draymond off him that’s going to help Pascals game. There’s a big difference between Looney and Embiid.

2) If you’re Nick Nurse and Kawhi Leonard, if Steve Kerr spends the next 2 days thinking about Pascal Siakam that’s a major win for the Raptors. I expect Kawhi to have a big game 2.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          2 thoughts:

1) In the last 3 series Siakam has been guarded primarily by :

Draymond Green
                          Giannis
                          Joel Embiid

Arguably 3 of the best defenders in the league. Huge props to Pascal for putting up the numbers he’s putting up. You take Draymond off him that’s going to help Pascals game. There’s a big difference between Looney and Embiid.

2) If you’re Nick Nurse and Kawhi Leonard, if Steve Kerr spends the next 2 days thinking about Pascal Siakam that’s a major win for the Raptors. I expect Kawhi to have a big game 2.
                          Pascal keeps making me look stupider and stupider for wanting to draft Skal Labissiere. Man am I a dumbass.

But that is a loss I will happily take. What a testament to Masai, our development staff, and Pascal himself for having a crazy good work ethic.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            Never understood why Charges aren't counted in with Steals or Blocks, or counted at all as legitimate stats ... it's basically the same thing as a steal or a block, in terms of what it does for your team.
                            Better because you move the other team into bonus category.

Comment

Wonder if Igoudala will play. Looked banged up last game.

Comment

Having the extra day off is a real benefit to the Raptors. GS is using a larger pool of guys in the game. Did they have ten or eleven different players on the floor? Raptors are limited to eight. It looks like OG is coming back but he will probably be out of shape a bit. The rotation guys need an extra day to recoup and rest.

In addition, it looks like Nurse is reacting to the opposing team more effectively than his opponents are. I expect the Raptors to be more ready for Golden State than Golden State is for the Raptors. It sounds like BS when the GS players and coach talk about not being ready for the Raptors because "We haven't played them much," but they sure played like they hadn't done any prep at all.

We will see, but I am expecting a Raptors team to come out ready and prepped for Game 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X