Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2, NBA FINALS: Golden State Warriors @ Toronto Raptors - Sunday June 2nd, 8pm ET TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Yeah itll be hard to sign him with Kawi, Pascal and Davis already signed to long term deals
    At least we can settle for LeBron with the MLE

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Pascal keeps making me look stupider and stupider for wanting to draft Skal Labissiere. Man am I a dumbass.

But that is a loss I will happily take. What a testament to Masai, our development staff, and Pascal himself for having a crazy good work ethic.
      Yeah, don't beat yourself up. Nobody wanted Pascal. Anyone who says they did or "knew he would be so good" is a bald-faced liar. Especially with guys like Skal and Deyonta Davis dropping well out of the lottery, when most people were considering them with our higher pick.

The amount of picks drafted late in the first round, with almost no experience playing ball, coming from a crappy college/conference, with literally no tangible ball skills (Pascal could not dribble, pass or shoot at anything close to an NBA level, or even maybe a college level, hence the crappy school) who then turn into all-star level talents (arguably playing like a top 20 player for a good chunk of this season/playoffs)...I can only think of Siakam who fits that bill. His growth has been completely unprecedented.

Honestly, it would have been a good pick if he turned out to be something between Al-Farouq Aminu and Kenneth Faried, but thank Rick Sanchez he didn't.
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Jun 1, 2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

OG PROBABLE FOR GAME 2

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-2-nba-finals/

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Green has been effective on Klay too. Subbing him early for FVV when Klay sits and bringing him back for the bench unit Klay anchors makes a lot of sense.
            Looking closer at it, I changed my mind. Lowry has been better on Klay, Green and FVV both good on Curry. So Lowry should likely be the early sub with Klay, gives you two guys to match up Curry in transition, and Lowry back in to run the bench when Klay is running theirs. Ideally Gasol takes the Cousins minutes to avoid Serge defending him (he looked a disaster in game 1, and even then broke even in his minutes, and I bet he looks better with each game), and that lines up nicely with a Lowry-Gasol bench unit. Let Serge get some run with a shooting heavy lineup running through Kawhi and Pascal in the second half of the 1st and 3rd, and bridge the middle of the 2nd and 4ths with primarily starters.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              I find this stat interesting. Wonder how many were 4Q possessions (4 buckets) where we were purposely killing the clock and it's understandable the Warriors did not have many late clock possessions as they were always playing from behind.
              Last edited by Zak24gege; Sat Jun 1, 2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Yeah, don't beat yourself up. Nobody wanted Pascal. Anyone who says they did or "knew he would be so good" is a bald-faced liar. Especially with guys like Skal and Deyonta Davis dropping well out of the lottery, when most people were considering them with our higher pick.

The amount of picks drafted late in the first round, with almost no experience playing ball, coming from a crappy college/conference, with literally no tangible ball skills (Pascal could not dribble, pass or shoot at anything close to an NBA level, or even maybe a college level, hence the crappy school) who then turn into all-star level talents (arguably playing like a top 20 player for a good chunk of this season/playoffs)...I can only think of Siakam who fits that bill. His growth has been completely unprecedented.

Honestly, it would have been a good pick if he turned out to be something between Al-Farouq Aminu and Kenneth Faried, but thank Rick Sanchez he didn't.
                Good to see you around wmcj. Been busy with life?

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

I find this stat interesting. Wonder how many were 4Q possessions (4 buckets) where we were purposely killing the clock and it's understandable the Warriors did not have many late clock possessions as they were always playing from behind.
                  Yeah thats most of it. There were some lucky shots sprinkled in there but its called playing tactically from the lead. Late shots arent always rushed or bad shots

Comment

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Looking closer at it, I changed my mind. Lowry has been better on Klay, Green and FVV both good on Curry. So Lowry should likely be the early sub with Klay, gives you two guys to match up Curry in transition, and Lowry back in to run the bench when Klay is running theirs. Ideally Gasol takes the Cousins minutes to avoid Serge defending him (he looked a disaster in game 1, and even then broke even in his minutes, and I bet he looks better with each game), and that lines up nicely with a Lowry-Gasol bench unit. Let Serge get some run with a shooting heavy lineup running through Kawhi and Pascal in the second half of the 1st and 3rd, and bridge the middle of the 2nd and 4ths with primarily starters.
                      Just like to see Serge's shots come from the elbow in and hunt for offensive rebounds. Giving him above the break 3's, which is usually his first attempt is poor offense. Guys like Serge, Marc and Pascal can eat in the paint as there is no Rim protection like past series. EAT BIG DOGS, EAT. And take care of Defensive boards..
                      Last edited by Zak24gege; Sun Jun 2, 2019, 12:13 AM.

Comment

I really like Pascal's little 12' - 15' mid-range jumper, Nice relaxed, fluid motion. If guys are gonna pack the paint like Philly did, he has come up with a great counter. I noticed he had at least 3 mid-range buckets in Game 1..

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Just like to see Serge's shots come from the elbow in and hunt for offensive rebounds. Giving him above the break 3's, which is usually his first attempt is poor offense. Guys like Serge, Marc and Pascal can eat in the paint as there is no Rim protection like past series. EAT BIG DOGS, EAT. And take care of Defensive boards..
                          Yeah, I cringe at those threes as well. The pick 'n pop in the Karl Malone range is way more acceptable and I find that shot is always available. He's also been killing it with the hook after he gets an offensive rebound.

Comment

Why was Norm's minutes so low? Was it that Green was rolling?

Comment

even with OG upgraded to probable does anyone think we actually see him this series? it's gonna be hard for him last playing in low intensity end of season games to nba finals. maybe once Durant returns we might see him as he could play D on him for a few possessions and provide some fouls. it would be nice for him to be able to contribute so he has so he can feel like he contributed to his ring he will receive in October.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Uh oh.

Comment

Working...
                                X