Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Realized that We're Like OKC?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Realized that We're Like OKC?!

3 Starters that we drafted

1 that we traded for when he was in his early 20's out of high school who we groomed

we got young bench pieces like Patterson who is only 24.

If you think about it...we some how have built a solid core from the draft (albeit, not even as close to as talented as KD and Westbrook, but you see the point).

I just thought we should take a moment to realize that somehow we have a solid team built through the draft...it's kind of funny and ironic....

We also copy their fans standing outside an empty arena screaming while they are on the road. Its all to make the KD transition as smooth as possible.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
      We also copy their fans standing outside an empty arena screaming while they are on the road. Its all to make the KD transition as smooth as possible.
      I was going to say the same thing.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Does OKC actually do that?

Comment

Who will be our version of Harden trade?

Comment

Not really. OKC/Seattle were very fortunate to have landed a future superstar w/ the number 2 pick (after portland picked oden). He has been crowned as the next big thing even back in HS. Had the NBA not raise the age limit, he would have been a Raptor as we would have picked him number 1 instead of Primo Pasta.

Raps don't have a KD-type/level of player. However I would consider Demar to be in a level a bit below of a Westbrook or a Harden. Raps frontcourt is so much better than OKC's (Ibaka=overrated). Bench is probably even, although I don't get why they love point guards who are ball hogs (reggie jackson/westbrook).

I think Dwane Casey is a better coach than Scotty Brooks. If you actually watch/ed OKC games, they mainly rely on iso/hero ball with KD/Westbrook. Their defense is good, but their offense sucks compared to other elite teams like the Spurs, Heat or the Phil/Kobe Lakers. Harden mostly bailed them out as he is a much better facilitator than Westbrook, who is clashes with Durant as he is a ballhog for a pg. Now that he's gone, I doubt that they'd advance any further than the West finals. Unless Brooks improves his offensive sets like how Casey did so far

Other than the loudness and rowdiness of the crowds, I don't see any similarities between the 2 franchises. OKC is blessed with a superstar franchise player and an alpha dog sidekick, through which their offense runs. Raps don't have that so they depend on teamwork, heart and balls. Memphis is probably the better team to compare with. Had OKC not had KD, they would be the Bobcats of the west, which they were in order to get talent like Westbrook and Harden. But once KD leaves OKC, they're fucked.

Comment

fredericklove wrote: View Post
              DD or TRoss, when they become FAs.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                Not really. OKC/Seattle were very fortunate to have landed a future superstar w/ the number 2 pick (after portland picked oden). He has been crowned as the next big thing even back in HS. Had the NBA not raise the age limit, he would have been a Raptor as we would have picked him number 1 instead of Primo Pasta.

Raps don't have a KD-type/level of player. However I would consider Demar to be in a level a bit below of a Westbrook or a Harden. Raps frontcourt is so much better than OKC's (Ibaka=overrated). Bench is probably even, although I don't get why they love point guards who are ball hogs (reggie jackson/westbrook).

I think Dwane Casey is a better coach than Scotty Brooks. If you actually watch/ed OKC games, they mainly rely on iso/hero ball with KD/Westbrook. Their defense is good, but their offense sucks compared to other elite teams like the Spurs, Heat or the Phil/Kobe Lakers. Harden mostly bailed them out as he is a much better facilitator than Westbrook, who is clashes with Durant as he is a ballhog for a pg. Now that he's gone, I doubt that they'd advance any further than the West finals. Unless Brooks improves his offensive sets like how Casey did so far

Other than the loudness and rowdiness of the crowds, I don't see any similarities between the 2 franchises. OKC is blessed with a superstar franchise player and an alpha dog sidekick, through which their offense runs. Raps don't have that so they depend on teamwork, heart and balls. Memphis is probably the better team to compare with. Had OKC not had KD, they would be the Bobcats of the west, which they were in order to get talent like Westbrook and Harden. But once KD leaves OKC, they're fucked.
                I think hes saying that we built through the draft like okc we are not at there level but we are built through draft picks and shit years. Memphis kinda signed and traded for their team. Their picks have been guys like Gay Mayo and the great Hasheem Thabeet. None of those guys even play for them anymore
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

fredericklove wrote: View Post
                  The bargnani trade for sure ahhaha

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    The bargnani trade for sure ahhaha
                    The difference is, Harden made a big impact on the team he went to.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                      The difference is, Harden made a big impact on the team he went to.
                      yeah bargs impacted the knicks and turned them more shit then they were before.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        yeah bargs impacted the knicks and turned them more shit then they were before.
                        More shit? Impossible.

Comment

Eh... not seeing it.

Even ignoring the fact that KD/Westbrook's talent level is a lot higher than our top guys.

They drafted all their best players, while Lowry (our best or 2nd best player depending on who you ask) was traded for.

Comment

Not sure how this thread makes any sense. Might as well say we're like OKC cause they have black players and we have black players.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                              More likely Greg Oden would've been our pick with #1. Very few people had KD over Oden and I would say that number would be even less if Durant didn't play a year of NCAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X