Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Realized that We're Like OKC?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter N wrote: View Post
    More likely Greg Oden would've been our pick with #1. Very few people had KD over Oden and I would say that number would be even less if Durant didn't play a year of NCAA.
    the other probable #1 pick that year was Joakim Noah, but he decided to return to Florida for another national championship.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
      More likely Greg Oden would've been our pick with #1. Very few people had KD over Oden and I would say that number would be even less if Durant didn't play a year of NCAA.
      Yup. Oden was supposed to be a once in a generation big man. He was hands down the consensus #1 pick in his class for like 2-3 years from well before college.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        the other probable #1 pick that year was Joakim Noah, but he decided to return to Florida for another national championship.
        Don't remember anyone considering Noah a #1 pick (honestly, just don't remember). Remember him being in the discussion for high picks, but not sure he was ever considered higher than Aldridge...Or Morrison, Foye, Roy and Gay...Don't know how Shelden Williams got into the top 5. Ty Thomas benefited from lots of hype late in the NCAA season.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Don't remember anyone considering Noah a #1 pick (honestly, just don't remember). Remember him being in the discussion for high picks, but not sure he was ever considered higher than Aldridge...Or Morrison, Foye, Roy and Gay...Don't know how Shelden Williams got into the top 5. Ty Thomas benefited from lots of hype late in the NCAA season.
          Pretty sure Noah was considered the BPA. Chad Ford definitely had him #1.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I really liked Tyrus Thomas in that draft unfortunately, the hype got to me LMAO
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              I really liked Tyrus Thomas in that draft unfortunately, the hype got to me LMAO
              Yeah, I was hoping for TT at the time as well.

Comment

Joakim Noah has taken a lot of flack recently for his decision to head back to school despite being the likely top selection in the 2006 Draft, as well as the fact that there have been few visible improvements to his game since he lead the Gators to the title last spring

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz30FeNUVfQ
                http://www.draftexpress.com

Comment

We're nothing like OKC. They have a horrible coach and an offense that relies heavily on Durant iso's and Westbrook improvising. They traded away a blue-chip asset (Harden) for peanuts.

The only reason they are one of the best teams in the league is because they have the 1st/2nd best player ON THE PLANET and Westbrook is one of the leagues best guards.

The Raptors are, believe it or not, better coached, grittier, with a lot more balance up and down the roster. They have five young starters that are athletic enough to play both ways, and can guard in half-court and transition. But they have no elite talent and their best/only iso-player is only 6'0 tall. That's a problem that the Brooklyn series is exposing.

Ironically, if we had a Rudy Gay-style wing that wasn't a ball hog, would actually buy into our offense and could split a double team, it would probably really help this team in this series.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                    We're nothing like OKC. They have a horrible coach and an offense that relies heavily on Durant iso's and Westbrook improvising. They traded away a blue-chip asset (Harden) for peanuts.

The only reason they are one of the best teams in the league is because they have the 1st/2nd best player ON THE PLANET and Westbrook is one of the leagues best guards.

The Raptors are, believe it or not, better coached, grittier, with a lot more balance up and down the roster. They have five young starters that are athletic enough to play both ways, and can guard in half-court and transition. But they have no elite talent and their best/only iso-player is only 6'0 tall. That's a problem that the Brooklyn series is exposing.

Ironically, if we had a Rudy Gay-style wing that wasn't a ball hog, would actually buy into our offense and could split a double team, it would probably really help this team in this series.

They have a horrible coach.....that has taken them to the Finals. They traded away Harden........ so they could keep Ibaka.

The only reason they are one of the best teams in the league is they have 2 of the best players in the league!lol. What a surprise. They have great talent so they are one of the better teams in the league. That makes sense to me.

So you are saying that OKC has more talent and is a better team while the Raps get by on less talent but better coaching (Brooks gets OKC to defend as well or better than Casey gets the Raps) and grit? What makes the Raps gritter? I'd love to see the Raps play Memphis in a 7 game series to see just how gritty they are.

I think the Raps would want to be more like OKC. talent wins in this league.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Believe the hype
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                        They have a horrible coach.....that has taken them to the Finals. They traded away Harden........ so they could keep Ibaka.

The only reason they are one of the best teams in the league is they have 2 of the best players in the league!lol. What a surprise. They have great talent so they are one of the better teams in the league. That makes sense to me.

So you are saying that OKC has more talent and is a better team while the Raps get by on less talent but better coaching (Brooks gets OKC to defend as well or better than Casey gets the Raps) and grit? What makes the Raps gritter? I'd love to see the Raps play Memphis in a 7 game series to see just how gritty they are.

I think the Raps would want to be more like OKC. talent wins in this league.
                        Didn't say they the Raptors were a better team than OKC, did I?

Yes, the Raptors need more talent, but have better coaching and overall depth than OKC. Thanks for agreeing with me.

What makes Raptors gritty? How about having one of the best fourth-quarter differentials in the league without a single superstar or iso-guy? How about a point guard that leads the league in charges by a wide margin, or a shooting guard that is top 5 in drawing and shooting fouls? That's not a product of talent. That's a product of hard-ass work and discipline.

Pffft.

Comment

Working...
                        X