Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

waaait. so the playoffs don't reseed? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    If we reseeded though, we probably wouldn't see as many teams "tanking" like Brooklyn did, cause they'd get a harder path the lower they were.
    I don't think that is a huge issue in the league though. Can anyone remember another team ever doing it?
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think the more experienced basketball enthusiasts around should be able to explain seeding without nearly snarking a new member off the board. We all have varying degrees of bball knowledge, the idea is to share it not lord it over someones head
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
        If we reseeded though, we probably wouldn't see as many teams "tanking" like Brooklyn did, cause they'd get a harder path the lower they were.
        I also wonder if reseeding would give us the same drama at the end of the regular season like we had this year?

Comment

I also understand the logic behind re-seeding, and it makes just as much sense as a bracket style system. I have no issues with which ever system is used. If you are good enough, it shouldn't matter.

Comment

CashGameND wrote: View Post
            I'm a raptors fan. I'm not a hardcore basketball fan & hardly follow the league outside of highlights besides the Raptors. I do watch every single Raptors game (in full) religiously, that takes up enough of my life. And we haven't even in a position to consider round 2 for how long? Its been a while.

I watch every single Blue Jays, Raptors, Chiefs, and Leafs game. Once my team is out I'm onto watching the next team. Lately the Raptors have been out of the race early, unfortunately.
            Just wondering, but how do you find the time? There's 162 Blue Jays games per year, and each of them is about 3+ hours long. That's ~500 hours devote to watching baseball. On top of that, the Raptors and Leafs, ~80 each and 16 games of Chiefs?

That is a lot of time spent glued to a television set man, and if not on TV, then that's a ton of commute time as well going to and from games. Wow, I can't even imagine doing 25% of that.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

CashGameND wrote: View Post
              Mimi avoids a hot team that dismantled a great team? I'm sorry but if you think the Hawks beating Indi makes them a scarier matchup to the Heat then the Raptors I think your crazy. Then again, as I keep saying, styles make fights. And maybe stylistically the Hawks do have a better chance against the Heat then the Raptors do (I honestly don't know for sure, but I doubt it).

I'll agree to disagree with everyone on RR then it seems. Surprised nobody even sees my logic of earning it in the regular season being more valid then having 1 upset in the playoffs.

as i keep saying it keeps coming down to comparing what you value more. a 1st round win, or the value of a full season. (imo, its allot easier to pull off a playoff upset then it is to earn your high rank over an 82 game season).

- and yes i get that the higher ranks still get home court advantage. But the fact that its even possible the wizards could face the hawks (a 5 and 8 seed) to get to the conference finals, to me is a joke.
              You can think I'm crazy all you want. That's not a valid argument. Obviously I don't think Atlanta is the better team as Indy has forgotten how to play basketball, but traditionally beating a #1 seed involves playing great basketball. That needs to be rewarded.

Completely disagree that a strong regular season is harder than upsetting a #1 seed. Atlanta got lucky to play a great team that's under performing at the wrong time. Look at the CHA/MIA series. That's generally how hard it is to upset in the playoffs when you're ranked near the bottom.
              There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                I think the more experienced basketball enthusiasts around should be able to explain seeding without nearly snarking a new member off the board. We all have varying degrees of bball knowledge, the idea is to share it not lord it over someones head
                dude, the seeding system is like central to the entire league. also, read the thread title, this wasnt a question about seeding this was a complaint.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

On the flip side, if they did have reseeding, then maybe the refs would have called our series more fairly knowing there's a slight chance that even if they give the series to Brooklyn, they still might not face Miami in the next round.

But that just makes me sound like an all-paranoid-conspiracy-theorist, which I'm not. Moving on..
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

F*ck Miami!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      F*ck Miami!
                      Only after we have finished fucking Brooklyn
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Man you guys are a bunch of jerks.

There are merits to a reseed system in that it puts more emphasis on the regular season.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                          Just wondering, but how do you find the time? There's 162 Blue Jays games per year, and each of them is about 3+ hours long. That's ~500 hours devote to watching baseball. On top of that, the Raptors and Leafs, ~80 each and 16 games of Chiefs?

That is a lot of time spent glued to a television set man, and if not on TV, then that's a ton of commute time as well going to and from games. Wow, I can't even imagine doing 25% of that.
                          I'm assuming hes exaggerating a little bit but im the same. Id say I see 75 % of jays games and haven't missed a raptors game this year.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                            I'm assuming hes exaggerating a little bit but im the same. Id say I see 75 % of jays games and haven't missed a raptors game this year.
                            But baseball is soooooooo boring.

I only watch MLB Playoffs, so I don't really watch the Jays.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I hear you CashGame, buddy.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I see the beginning of just about every raptors game....and then the team's performance and my burgeoning heart condition dictate how much of the game I watch
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X