Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank Kyle Lowry on the all time greatest Raptor?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you rank Kyle Lowry on the all time greatest Raptor?!

You got Carter, Bosh, Mighty mouse (Damon Stoudamire), Jose Calderon & Alvin Williams.

My Rankings:

1) Vince Carter

2) Chris Bosh

3) Kyle Lowry

4) Jose Calderon

5) Alvin Williams + Damon Stoudamire

My reason: If Kyle Lowry helps to advance the Raptors to the second round, a good argument could be made that he might deserve to leapfrog over Bosh as the second greatest Raptor ever (Something that Bosh never was able to do). However being that this is the only season Kyle Lowry shine's maybe we have to wait another season or two before we can come up with a more precise rankings and whether he should leapfrog Bosh in the standings as the greatest Raptor.

Your thoughts?!

Wouldn't measure it based on two seasons, where only 1 was truly productive, IMO.

Not all about the stats. If he stays, he'll be up there for sure. Maybe 2/3, but...otherwise, not yet.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
      Wouldn't measure it based on two seasons, where only 1 was truly productive, IMO.

Not all about the stats. If he stays, he'll be up there for sure. Maybe 2/3, but...otherwise, not yet.
      The Raptors do not have such a rich history of winnings, so I will take 1 season of Kyle Lowry's greatness as a measuring stick vs 5 years of Jose Calderon who although was solid for the most part, was not as good as Kyle Lowry was this season.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        The Raptors do not have such a rich history of winnings, so I will take 1 season of Kyle Lowry's greatness as a measuring stick vs 5 years of Jose Calderon who although was solid for the most part, was not as good as Kyle Lowry was this season.
        It ultimately depends on what you think "Greatest" means. What's your criteria? Is it in terms of who the fans love? In terms of the professionalism they present themselves with? Different people for different criteria.

I mean, sure, Lowry's a great Raptor, but would you retire his number? No. But you ranked Jose below him, hell, I'd have to at least consider retiring it, stuff like that.

Comment

Dude, if DD's not an all time greatest Raptor, then Lowry's not. Remeber, this guy's only had one good season with us. Wait it out a couple more years.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
            Dude, if DD's not an all time greatest Raptor, then Lowry's not. Remeber, this guy's only had one good season with us. Wait it out a couple more years.
            Dude, DD's also only had one good season with us. It took him 5 years and his impact hasn't been as strong as lowrys.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              Dude, DD's also only had one good season with us. It took him 5 years and his impact hasn't been as strong as lowrys.
              Still can't put Lowry as all time greatest Raptor. And hell, if he leaves us(I'm sure he won't, though), you still gonna keep him on that list?

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
                Still can't put Lowry as all time greatest Raptor. And hell, if he leaves us(I'm sure he won't, though), you still gonna keep him on that list?
                if you're sure he won't leave, then why even ask? DD can also leave if he wants to in 2016. not saying lowry is the all-time greatest raptor, but i dont know why you'd pick derozan over him. sounds like its just because hes been here longer and not due to skill or impact on the team.

Comment

This is more of a team effort, + KL has been here for only two seasons, if anything it should be DD

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

My rankings:

1) Vince
                    2) Bosh
                    3) Lowry
                    4) Derozan
                    5) Alvin Williams
                    6) Jose Calderon
                    7) Damon Stoudamire
                    8) Rasho Nesterovic
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Personally, I don't have a problem with Lowry as #3.

This improbable season is basically all thanks to him. If we win 2 more games, this team is arguably the greatest Raptor team ever.

Comment

1. Vince
                        2. Bosh
                        3. Antonio Davis
                        4. Calderon
                        5. DeMar DeRozan
                        6. Kyle Lowry

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                          1. Vince
                          2. Bosh
                          3. Antonio Davis
                          4. Calderon
                          5. DeMar DeRozan
                          6. Kyle Lowry
                          Nailed it.

Comment

why are people putting bosh over lowry? did we get further in the playoffs with him at some point that i don't remember?
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Guys!!!! You forgot Andrea!!!!!!!!
                              OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                              X