X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pill
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    I understand what you're saying but in 10 years nobody is gonna care how you got to the ECF, All that would matter if you got there or not
    Yeah everyone is still swooning over the Pacers for making it just last year. It only matters what you do now if you didn't win it all. Being the third or fourth place loser doesn't mean shit.

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    If (when!) Raptors win, the Heat will have the easiest road to the Finals of any team in my basketball watching history. Even the Nets had some pushback from a couple of teams.

They could actually go 12-0 to get to the Finals.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Who's to say we would've beaten Washington had we matched up against them? They've proven to be a very tough out.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Wizards to finals. Calling it now, book ur ticket. They are strong where Heat is weak (Centre + PG)
    That is a bold prediction!

Not sure I agree but love the testicles behind it!

Oh wait. Did I just say i love your balls?

Oh dear.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    I'm surprised with the Bulls/Wiz matchup. I didn't expect the Wiz to be so good, and I really thought the Bulls defence would carry them through the first round. I guess I forgot to consider that the Wiz's defence would also improve in the playoffs (as most teams do) and given the Bulls offensive shortcomings, they were just too much. Wall/Beal are playing great, Gortat/Nene are also playing great, and the starting line is meshed together with former champion Ariza, who is also playing well. They are a dangerous team right now, and I am happy the Raps didn't meet them in the first round, as I was hoping for before the playoffs started. I think they would be harder to knock off than the Nets are.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    phiLLy wrote: View Post
    It's true, things could always go south.

PP could not resign, Lowry could not resign. Ross could continue his piss-poor playing in the playoffs next season and essentially regress, and then, well, that's about that.
    Yep. Or we could resign everyone for too much and have too much money tied up in role players and be stuck with a team that isn't ready to contend and is bound for 1st round disappointments for a couple years, injuries to key players, and have players get disgruntled and ask for trades. As the article says, the same thing happened in 2001 when everything on the horizon looked so glorious.

Leave a comment:

• phiLLy
    replied
    It's true, things could always go south.

PP could not resign, Lowry could not resign. Ross could continue his piss-poor playing in the playoffs next season and essentially regress, and then, well, that's about that.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I disagree with that article. Remember we have a pretty high draft pick coming soon (NYs), our core is still very young, the only one we have to worry about signing is Kyle Lowry, and even then all the signs point to him resigning
    I think you missed the point of the article.

All im saying tho is that we aren't quite THERE yet where we can be as confident as the post I responded to. Things could easily go south. I'm not saying I believe they will, but they could.

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    This is certainly not a given. They could just as easily go down from here. See article: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2014/...4-echoes-2001/

I think its a little early to say that we have developed a winning pedigree. I think that is something that is built over a couple years at least.
    I disagree with that article. Remember we have a pretty high draft pick coming soon (NYs), our core is still very young, the only one we have to worry about signing is Kyle Lowry, and even then all the signs point to him resigning

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    But then again, that wouldn't steel our guys in any way, given their lack of playoff experience. They would simply have beaten teams that they are capable of beating.

I might be alone on this, but Im glad we are taking the tough route to the championship. Whether we get knocked out by the Nets or Heat, our young players are getting a chance to duke it out in the bullpen with some of the rowdiest fighters around. Im already proud to see that the Raptors have held their own against the Nets. I want to see them face the Heat, because that would be the ultimate field trip.

Im smiling because I know that this summer, the Raptors roster will get stronger, and we will have new additions to a core that now has playoff experience against some of the greatest players in the game. Its good to know that this team has developed a winning pedigree, and they can only go higher from here.
    This is certainly not a given. They could just as easily go down from here. See article: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2014/...4-echoes-2001/

I think its a little early to say that we have developed a winning pedigree. I think that is something that is built over a couple years at least.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    Toronto vs Atlanta ECF. Book it.
    Unless LeBron tears his ACL that is never ever happening lol

Leave a comment:

replied
    Toronto vs Atlanta ECF. Book it.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Agreed, but what happens in the following postseason(s), when the game or series becomes one of attrition, and they are losing their focus?

Thats where experience helps.
    Yes the experience against better competition helps but it's still not a turning point. You have a decade of excellence by having great players, organization,and coaches not by playing a better team in the playoffs one postseason IMO

Leave a comment:

• YoungGunRaptor
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Just because a team had an easier road to ECF, does not mean they cannot be dominate for 10 plus years
    Agreed, but what happens in the following postseason(s), when the game or series becomes one of attrition, and they are losing their focus?

Thats where experience helps.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Would you rather have a team that has one lucky run, or a decade of dominance a la Spurs?

That's all I can say. I don't believe that our team became the 3rd seed this season by a complete fluke, but we can all agree that to become legitimate title contenders, this team needs to feel the burn of a longer season in order to grow stronger.
    Just because a team had an easier road to ECF, does not mean they cannot be dominate for 10 plus years

Leave a comment:

Working...
X