Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #3 FINALS (1-1) Raptors @ Warriors June 5th, 2019 at 9:00pm in Oracle Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #3 FINALS (1-1) Raptors @ Warriors June 5th, 2019 at 9:00pm in Oracle Arena

Golden State Warriors Starters

- Stephen Curry
    - Klay Thompson
    - Andre Iguodala
    - Draymond Green
    - Demarcus Cousins

AND YOUR TORONTO RAPTORS

NOTES

• The Toronto Raptors travel to Golden State for Game 3 of the NBA Finals. The Raptors are currently 4-4 on the road during the 2019 NBA Playoffs and have won at least one road game in each of their three playoff series. Kawhi Leonard leads the team averaging 31.0 points on the road. Over the last four seasons the Raptors lead the Eastern Conference with a 107-84 (.560) record on the road in the regular-season and playoffs, trailing only Golden State’s 145-57 (.718) record.
    • Kawhi Leonard set a franchise playoff record by converting on 16 free throws June 2 in Game 2 vs. Golden State. Leonard was a perfect 16-for-16 at the free throw line, also setting a franchise record for consecutive free throws made in a playoff game. The previous record for free throws made was held by DeMar DeRozan (14 – Apr. 22, 2018 at Washington), while the DeRozan and Chris Bosh held the record for consecutive free throws made (13-for-13).
    • Kawhi Leonard’s 618 total points through 20 playoff games is the third-highest total since 2000-01. He is shooting .496 (207-417) from the field .381 (45-118) from three-point range and .883 (159-180) at the free throw line through 20 games this season. LeBron James recorded 692 points in 20 games last season, followed by Allen Iverson with 651 in 2000-01.
    • Toronto has out-scored Golden State in six of eight quarters played through the first two games of the NBA Finals. The Warriors have won the third quarter battle in both games by a 50-66 (-16) margin. The Raptors have out-scored Golden State by a +20 (172-152) margin in the three other quarters combined.
    • Toronto is 11-3 during the playoffs when holding opponents under .450 field goal shooting. Golden State was held to .436 in Game 1. The Raptors .418 opponent field goal percentage is the lowest since Golden State held opponents to a .417 mark during the 2015 campaign. Toronto has held opponents under 100 points and .450 field goal shooting an NBA-best five times during the 2019 playoffs - last: May 25 - Game 6 vs. Milwaukee.
    • Pascal Siakam scored a playoff career-high 32 points (14-17 FG, 2-3 3FG, 2-3 FT) in Game 1 vs. Golden State. It’s the third time during the 2019 playoffs that Siakam has eclipsed his career high for playoff scoring. Prior to this season, Siakam had recorded 20 points in a game (regular-season or playoffs) once during his first two NBA seasons. He now has 36 games this season with 20 or more points.
    • Pascal Siakam became the fifth player in NBA history with minimum totals of 32 points, eight rebounds and five assists in his NBA Finals debut. The others are Hall of Famers Rick Barry (1967 Warriors), Hal Greer (1967 76ers), Willis Reed (1970 Knicks) and Michael Jordan (1991 Bulls).
    • Fred VanVleet has come off the bench and contributed 10+ points in five consecutive games (May 21-Jun. 2). He is averaging 16.0 points while shooting .580 (29-50) from the field and .586 (17-29) from three-point range. The Raptors are 4-2 during the playoffs when VanVleet contributes 10+ points.
    • Kawhi Leonard was named Second Team All-NBA and All-Defensive Second Team this week. Leonard led the Raptors with 35 points May 23 in Game 5 at Milwaukee. He is the seventh player since 2000 to score at least 30 points in 10 or more playoff games in a single season. He joins Kobe Bryant (2009, 2010, 2008, 2003), Allen Iverson (2001), LeBron James (2018, 2017, 2015, 2012, 2009), Kevin Durant (2017, 2014, 2012), Amar'e Stoudemire (2005) and Dwyane Wade (2006). Bryant recorded 15 games with 30+ points in 2008-09.
    • TOP SINGLE-GAME PLAYOFF SCORING PERFORMANCES: 50 – Vince Carter (May 11, 2005 vs. Philadelphia); 45 – Kawhi Leonard (Apr. 27, 2019 vs. Philadelphia); 41 – Kawhi Leonard (May 12, 2019 vs. Philadelphia); 39 – Kawhi Leonard (May 5, 2019 at Philadelphia); 39 – Chris Bosh (Apr. 26, 2008 vs. Orlando); 39 – Vince Carter (May 18, 2001 vs. Philadelphia).
    • Nick Nurse joined Steve Kerr, Tyronn Lue and David Blatt as the most recent head coaches to reach The Finals in his rookie season. Prior to the most recent wave, Paul Westphas (1993) and Mike Dunleavy (1991) had previously accomplished this. Nurse is also the first head coach of a G League team to reach the NBA Finals.
    • INJURY UPDATE: OG Anunoby was upgraded to probable prior to Game 2 vs. Golden State. Anunoboy last played Apr. 9 at Minnesota in Toronto’s regular-season finale. He underwent an emergency appendectomy Apr. 11. Anunoby averaged 7.9 points and shot .448 from three-point range in 10 playoff games last season.
    Last edited by MixxAOR; Tue Jun 4, 2019, 04:09 AM.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Good stuff Mixx!
    3 game winning streak coming up!

Comment

Looney is out. Will be interesting to see if the raps go small against Bogut..or big against other lineups.

Comment

The boys need this one. They'll get it unless the league sends another platoon of flow killers.

Comment

Yeah Mixx. Very nice game thread. Raps gonna take this one.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Obviously need Kawhi and Siakam to deliver. FVV has been great.
            But we need some consistency from Kyle, Marc and the forgotten one, Serge; dude has been invisible lately. And can the real Danny Green please stand up?

You just never know what you're going to get from one night to the next with the vast majority of this team.

Go Raps, huge game incoming.

Comment

Beautiful stuff, Mixx. I feel like we need to be making posters or T-shirts from your game threads. lol. A game thread like this cannot possibly lose.

Let's Go!!!!

Comment

Also, just want to say this has been an amazing run. Raptors could win out, lose out, or anything in between and I'm going to enjoy the ride.

I'll also probably bitch about rotations and such, but I'll be in a good mood doing so.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

They'll get blown out before firing off 3 straight.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                    They'll get blown out before firing off 3 straight.
                    Who? LOL

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Also, just want to say this has been an amazing run. Raptors could win out, lose out, or anything in between and I'm going to enjoy the ride.

I'll also probably bitch about rotations and such, but I'll be in a good mood doing so.
                      The franchise, city and especially the fans finally got the respect we deserve...... and it feels good. Only thing left is for Lowry to put his indelible stamp on the finals and obliterate the playoff narrative. If he can do that, we will win this thing.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

The franchise, city and especially the fans finally got the respect we deserve...... and it feels good. Only thing left is for Lowry to put his indelible stamp on the finals and obliterate the playoff narrative. If he can do that, we will win this thing.
                        I still want us to win the finals, regardless. I'm happy that we made it here, but I will be very sad if we don't win. I really want the Raptors to win.

Comment

suspenders wrote: View Post

I still want us to win the finals, regardless. I'm happy that we made it here, but I will be very sad if we don't win. I really want the Raptors to win.
                          For sure. With the Warriors injuries, at this point it would be a letdown if the Raps didn't seize this golden opportunity.

Comment

Play it again, Mixx. Play "It's Time to Kill the Warriors."

The Warriors are hobbled. If we don't win we'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of our lives.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

DanH has reached that 2:30 am drunk guy stage

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X