Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #3 FINALS (1-1) Raptors @ Warriors June 5th, 2019 at 9:00pm in Oracle Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    I am trying to be polite but, fuck you Draymond and fuck the whole Warriors.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      I'm reading the both boards (Raptors and Warriors) and literally both fan bases complain about the same things:
      1. Media not giving them respect.
      2. Refs
      3. Opposing fan bases
      Refs gave them 30-21 in free throws, FVV got clearly fouled on the 3 and no call, they got nothing to complain about again.
      The rest? Meh ....

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        FVV has replaced Jacob as Siakam's BFF. Sharing Jif and jelly sandwiches does that for guys....

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
          The thing that really amazes me far from the game is :
          How could Massai know that Derozan not Lowery was the problem ?
          Uhh, how could he not know?
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The thing that really amazes me far from the game is :
            How could Massai know that Derozan not Lowery was the problem ?
            I thought it was rather common knowledge in any analysis that Lowry was more impactful player, even if DeMar in recent years was taking a higher load. I doubt Spurs given Lowry age would go for Kyle instead of DeRozan.

The question still remains if you can build a Championship team with DeMar as the guy or even the beta or #3 option since he is still subpar defender and needs a ball in his hands to be effective - opposite of Lowry. Tough in this series with how much Warriors focus on Kawhi we probably should let out PGs run more of the offence.

Kawhi & DeMar combo wouldn't be as effective, since whenever Kawhi would try to iso the man on DeMar could roam freely, since he has no gravity on the perimeter (obviously simplistic view and other things matter too, you can't completely sag off him) and our defense wouldn't be as good playing with subpar player for ~40 minutes a night.

We had too many examples of how opposing teams game-planned year after year against our backcourt-centric plan of attack, while our offence currently isn't nearly on Warriors level of sophistication, players skill complements much better than in the past - with better shooting and passing on almost every position.

Comment

• What a beautiful game.

I don't know if there is anything else to say other than what's already been said by all you fine folks.

Next up, game 4. A must win.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Uhh, how could he not know?
                In the playoff, both Derozan and Lowery were really bad. Sometimes Lowery was worse than Derozan.

Comment

• “We shot 38 threes tonight (making 17) a Finals record for a road team"

Comment

In the playoff, both Derozan and Lowery were really bad. Sometimes Lowery was worse than Derozan.
                    That would be in the playoff series when Lowry was injured. You are correct that an injured Lowry is not as good as a healthy Lowry.

Comment

• Once again, a Raptors game becomes "must see" for the nation. I wonder what the TV numbers in Canada are going to be like on Friday?

Comment

Literally never once ever has Lowry been worse in the playoffs than DeMar. I guess maybe the Wizards sweep when he was playing injured? Even then it's close.

DeRozan was an absolute disaster in the playoffs every step of the way by every metric. Lowry was the one bailing the team out, over and over again, dragging the team to series wins, even in the years where he shot poorly, which by the way ended like 3 years ago.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• One thing I was pretty happy with is starting FVV in the 2nd half. I think that helped to prevent any Warriors momentum.

Whatever it takes.

Comment

• Great win. I strongly imagine Durant and Klay should be back for game 4. I mean, they can't really afford to go down 3-1. Right? That is, unless they truly can't go. (and, hey, may be a decent chance of that, I mean -- how much can you recover in 1-2 days).

Of course next game is a big one too.

If it's tied up 2-2, and then KD and Klay come back for game 5, Raps find themselves in a best 2 out of 3 series against arguably one of the best teams of all time. Heck. Even down 3-1, I wouldn't call it a closed book if Klay and KD come back for the last 3 games.

That also said, I'm just happy to be here. I know that's not the right attitude for the team to have, but it is for me.

Comment

Yeah ... that's just not true.

There's a reason DeRozan had to be stapled to the bench numerous times.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• veda-parabolist wrote: View Post
                                Great win. I strongly imagine Durant and Klay should be back for game 4. I mean, they can't really afford to go down 3-1. Right? That is, unless they truly can't go. (and, hey, may be a decent chance of that, I mean -- how much can you recover in 1-2 days).

Of course next game is a big one too.

If it's tied up 2-2, and then KD and Klay come back for game 5, Raps find themselves in a best 2 out of 3 series against arguably one of the best teams of all time. Heck. Even down 3-1, I wouldn't call it a closed book if Klay and KD come back for the last 3 games.

That also said, I'm just happy to be here. I know that's not the right attitude for the team to have, but it is for me.
                                I'm on the Durant won't be playing side of this. He's been out three weeks. He apparently hasn't had a full practice. He's not on the bench. The team claiming it was just a calf strain when he had a non-contact lower leg injury and collapsed on the floor was a big red flag. Maybe he comes back and goes for 40 but I just don't see it.

Klay will likely be back but he just missed his first ever playoff game. He ain't going to be right unless they have a miracle tonic in Oakland.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think GSW is in massive trouble. And they know it. You go back and watch Green's press conference last night. That's the sound of someone trying very hard to convince himself nothing is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X