Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #3 FINALS (1-1) Raptors @ Warriors June 5th, 2019 at 9:00pm in Oracle Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zainab wrote: View Post

This is a very inaccurate statement. What is common in terms of last names in my culture and people is nowhere to be found in other parts of the world. This is true for many cultures and countries. There are countries where people find the last name "Smith" to be exotic and different. Does that make "Smith" an exotic last name? How we perceive things about people such as names is relative to our culture and experiences.

Certain last names maybe more common in North America but to call them universal is highly inaccurate.
    I interpreted Keon's comment to imply that last names are not part of any one language.

Therefore, "English isn't my first language, therefore I can't spell someone's last name" isn't a valid excuse.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

I interpreted Keon's comment to imply that last names are not part of any one language.

Therefore, "English isn't my first language, therefore I can't spell someone's last name" isn't a valid excuse.
      Okay, but someone might be dyslexic or just isn't a great speller. I sometimes have trouble spelling last names, heck I was spelling Kawhi's name incorrect for the longest time even though I saw it written everywhere. I'm not a great speller and can be slow to pick things up. Point is everyone has flaws, no need to call people out.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Considering Derozan was the center piece that netted us Kawhi Jordan, I think it's safe to say you were mostly wrong about him. We'll give you 1 out of 4. Not great efficiency. Work on it.
        this is one of the greatest fallacy in Raptors History but to each his own.

we are one win away so the biases we all have you included since 1995 are all water under the bridge.

Go Raptors !

Comment

• I'm recording... Feel like this is gonna be a good one.

Comment

• Danny Green has been invisible on the offensive end so far this series

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
              Danny Green has been invisible on the offensive end so far this series
              He was a bit over rated with the Raps. I was OK with him staying if Kawhi did but glad they didn't re-sign him when KL left

Comment

• Cheap foul I don't care who it's called on

Comment

• Fouls on 4 consecutive plays. Refs kill games ......

Comment

• Man our defensive rebounding was so ass

Comment

• People say we got lucky with GS injuries but they forget we beat Milwaukee who were the best in the league.

Comment

• Draymond Green is sooooo overated

Comment

• Raptors run the shot clock out down to 8 seconds then GS takes a three. F Golden State
                          Great win, we got this.

Comment

• Let’s get both!

Comment

Working...
                            X