Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite part of the Raptors being in the Finals ..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
    The fireworks I will see tomorrow
    That is my favorite part.

    Another favorite thing, I have to change my log-in name as I will not be a victim any more.
    In 2019, the word victim is frowned upon and survivor is preferred. I prefer that here as well. : )

    Comment


    • #92
      One of my favorite parts of this playoff run is.... us. WeTheFans have showed up big time, whether it's in the forums, at Jurassic Park or even at Oracle..... Raptor fans have dominated the post-season. And the rest of world is simply in awe.

      Comment


      • #93
        golden wrote: View Post
        One of my favorite parts of this playoff run is.... us. WeTheFans have showed up big time, whether it's in the forums, at Jurassic Park or even at Oracle..... Raptor fans have dominated the post-season. And the rest of world is simply in awe.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKep8o3sIxs&t=82s
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmCwCtbr6i4&t=201s

        I hope they do not envy us

        Comment


        • #94
          SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          I also love that Masai's "Wait & See" strategy (way back when, holding onto BC's assets), paid off...BIGTIME.
          Good point. Some other managers might be tempted to pull the trigger right away on moves to brand the team with his stamp but instead Ujiri waited it out and probably ignored the chatter about all his successes in Toronto (to that point) being thanks to Eric Jr --- Oops my bad, I mean Bryan Colangelo.

          Comment


          • #95
            I was out for a run yesterday and I ran by a cul de sac that usually has a couple of younger kids playing hockey. Yesterday, the hockey net was off to the side and they were all playing basketball. Thought it was pretty cool.

            Comment


            • #96
              The best part about being in the finals has been the journey here. I could go back in time and talk about the evolution of the franchise and team over the years, but just this playoff run has been nothing short of amazing. The Raps have had most of the more memorable moments from these playoffs, theyve had the best stories, the most ups and downs, they've overcome so much and through it all have never doubted and always believed, no, they always knew they could get here. From the back and forth with the 6ers coming down to the last shot, to the 2-0 hole vs the Bucks that was turned around in a double OT game, to all the second half combacks, the Raps have a cinderella story of sorts. They deserve to be here, and they deserve this championship...its been quite the ride and i am truly proud to be a raps fan. And in a way, the reality of the situation this team is in, still hasnt sunk in for me. It all seems so fantastical...is someone making this up lol? Hopefully, monday night, no, early tuesday morning for me, it will all come crashing down upon me as ernie johnson attempts to find a Raptor to lift that NBA championship trophy, don't hesitate this time kawhi!

              Comment


              • #97
                Im happy theres a big bandwagon of support and viewing parties in regina and all that.

                but mostly I'm happy for THESE fans. The watching vs Atlanta February fans. Or watching vs Sacramento at midnight fans. The summer league fans. The ones who spend 100s of posts discussing who we should draft.

                for the ones who argued tank, for the bargnani supporters, the district of DeRozan, the valanciunas stans, and the 2pat Net rating crew.

                for fallen soldiers like Christian and mchappy and old skool cool, and the guys I fight with now, like t rex and claw reborn.

                for RR!! Let's finish this.
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • #98
                  My favorite part is, the whole country is behind the Raptors and its bringing more popularity to basketball. All the ball courts are now full of little kids hooping its awesome.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    1. The fact that teams didn't have to build super teams in order for them to succeed.
                    2. That hard work and dedication works all the time.
                    3. KAWHI.

                    Comment


                    • Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                      1. The fact that teams didn't have to build super teams in order for them to succeed.
                      Amen but this won't end it; it's now enshrined in the modern NBA. LeBron will continue to recruit, Durant will go with Kyrie or someone else, The Brow will force himself out to a better team with a robin to his Batman and Giannis will eventually team up somewhere else or attract another star
                      Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Jun 9th, 2019, 09:35 PM.

                      Comment


                      • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                        Amen but this won't end it; it's now enshrined in the modern NBA. LeBron will continue to recruit, Durant will go with Kyrie or someone else, The Brow will force himself out to a better team with a robin to his Batman and Giannis will eventually team up somewhere else or attract another star
                        The super team thing is vastly overstated. SA, the Lebrons, the Kobe Lakers, Dallas... none were super teams. Neither was Detroit. Miami won twice. Ok. GSW is probably the best argument but they aren’t much different from the Showtime Lakers or Bird’s Celtics or Jordans’s Bulls. And their run is nearing its end.

                        Guys will try and move to good teams but that’s been the case since the 70s. If anything, I think the pendulum may be swinging back with guys like KD and Irving not wanting to just gang up and win but wanting to be the man. We will see.

                        Comment


                        • slaw wrote: View Post

                          The super team thing is vastly overstated. SA, the Lebrons, the Kobe Lakers, Dallas... none were super teams. Neither was Detroit. Miami won twice. Ok. GSW is probably the best argument but they aren’t much different from the Showtime Lakers or Bird’s Celtics or Jordans’s Bulls. And their run is nearing its end.

                          Guys will try and move to good teams but that’s been the case since the 70s. If anything, I think the pendulum may be swinging back with guys like KD and Irving not wanting to just gang up and win but wanting to be the man. We will see.
                          After shaq and Kobe broke up, there was a half decade of scrappy teams with just 1 or sometimes 0 superstars in the finals. Then Boston made the super team cool again, via trades. Lebron, seeing and getting beat by this, took it to another level and orchestrated his own big 3. After that, kd just absolutely nuked the nba with his own version and at this point it got kind of pathetic.

                          now, Kawhi Leonard is making the "one star and the pieces around him" cool again. Batman beating the super team.
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • Ok, so I've changed my mind. My favorite part of the Raptors being in the finals is how silly all those American basketball "experts" look right now.

                            Comment


                            • Kash_ville wrote: View Post
                              My favorite part is, the whole country is behind the Raptors and its bringing more popularity to basketball. All the ball courts are now full of little kids hooping its awesome.
                              I will jump on with this. Just the Raptors making it to the Finals will have a big impact on basketball interest (young kids opting for ball as a sports preference). If Kawhi stays another year or two, it will have a ginormous impact. Think of Lithuania and their outsize success on the world stage. 2.84 million people. Population of Canada? 37.28 million. Thirteen times bigger. Lithuania was motivated by being next door to Russia. Canada is likewise next door to a giant. The path to the NBA has been blazed by the ones that came before and the now current 14 Canadian players whose names are recognized by budding fans. Guys from across the country. There are Canadian heroes to emulate, and a strong national infrastructure to help them get better and hungry NCAA scouts looking to offer them scholarships.

                              Another two years of Kawhi and Canadian players will explode across the college and professional scene similarly how they did in the decade after Vince showed up. I mean they are already there. But it is going to blow up big time.

                              Comment


                              • There were some teenagers playing ball at the local high school and one of the guys was acting like a twerp after scoring a 3 pointer. The other guys told, "Don't be a clown, we work like Kawhi"

                                I mean as a coach, I would LOVE if the teenagers around here look to Kawhi for his demeanour. So many NBA stars are full of on-court shenanigans and flopping and everything else that it would be such a nice change.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X