Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite part of the Raptors being in the Finals ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite part of the Raptors being in the Finals ..

I have always felt like being a Raptor fan in Toronto is like being a second class citizen . I am just loving that people like my wife who would never watch basketball are now glued for 3 hours watching the NBA Finals . I love that that radio stations who covered NBA playoffs and finals previously as a back page story are now talking Raptors 24/7 ...

Watching them play in the finals.

Comment

The bandwagon filling up in the last week or 2 has been pretty interesting to see. Hearing the Lowry chants after game 6 vs Bucks was pretty heartwarming, nearly tear jerking. The whole game 6 celebration was enjoyable to me.

And its 2019, so I'd be omitting if I didnt mention all the fun memes that have come out of Kawhis sixers shot, etc. Memes are great.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's June and we're still watching Raps. I know the goal is to win. But I think we all waited so long for this. This is what fandom is ultimately about.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          It's June and we're still watching Raps. I know the goal is to win. But I think we all waited so long for this. This is what fandom is ultimately about.
          As soon as Raps season ends, offseason starts. We use to have wait weeks or months to see if we could find a good small forward to replace Rasual Butler. Was pumped for JYD 2.0 Demarre Carroll, we were STACKED

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            It almost feels like being trapped on a moving roller coaster due to the means they got to this point. lol

I'm taking a nice break from hoops after this series.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              The bandwagon filling up in the last week or 2 has been pretty interesting to see. Hearing the Lowry chants after game 6 vs Bucks was pretty heartwarming, nearly tear jerking. The whole game 6 celebration was enjoyable to me.

And its 2019, so I'd be omitting if I didnt mention all the fun memes that have come out of Kawhis sixers shot, etc. Memes are great.
              I'm not a huge Lowry fan, but only an ogre wouldn't have felt good to see that moment. And maybe it's just me, but didn't those "Low-Ry" chants feel kind of awkward? It's like he's been here for so long and the fans don't know his nickname is K-Low? Or at least use Kyle. In fairness, most people going to the games now probably don't even follow basketball. It was actually good to hear Stephen A calling out those "fans" for being MIA at the concessions during the Warriors 18-0 run to start the 2nd half.

Comment

Just off the top of my head, but there's prolly more

--All the doubters having had to eat crow
                --Short offseason
                --Increase in the franchise's appeal to attract and retain free angents
                --increase in value of our players
                --Just plain more basketball to watch

Comment

Kawhi Leonard.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                    Kawhi Leonard.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

It almost feels like being trapped on a moving roller coaster due to the means they got to this point. lol

I'm taking a nice break from hoops after this series.
                      Technically, we all are..unless you're one of those guys who watches summer league games on youtube

Comment

- The energy in the city (don't care if there are a ton of bandwagon fans... even if some of them stick, that's good for the Raptors and good for the sport of basketball)
                        - Kawhi Leonard
                        - Watching basketball this intently in June! Sure, I've always watched the finals, but not like this. And I definitely wouldn't forgo my 10 PM bed time to watch the Cavs & Warriors.
                        - And finally, knowing that we have a chance to win this series and bring a championship to Toronto.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Technically, we all are..unless you're one of those guys who watches summer league games on youtube
                          I'm one of those guys in Dynasty league who follows ball 365. No picks this year and Raptors playoffs fatigue starting to set in all has me going on a long break to September... I want to know what Kawhi does in July of course but I won't need minute to minute rumors (mostly lies).
                          Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jun 4, 2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I haven't had to painfully watch the Jays as much
                            Still watching the Stanley Cup going on, great series so far
                            Bought a new boat and BBQ for the cottage
                            Will we ever get great weather for Kawhi to experience?

No matter what it's been a great year

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              I haven't had to painfully watch the Jays as much
                              Still watching the Stanley Cup going on, great series so far
                              Bought a new boat and BBQ for the cottage
                              Will we ever get great weather for Kawhi to experience?

No matter what it's been a great year
                              I like how you casually snuck in a personal flex in the middle

Comment

Working...
                              X