Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite part of the Raptors being in the Finals ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Answer: Being this close to the Chip.

Let's fucking get it.

Comment

After being a fan for 20+ years, it always felt that the finals was something for everyone else. So much talk that you could never get there without a top draft pick becoming a star. It just never felt like something that could happen other than in dreams. Keep enjoying the dream.

Comment

Masai Ujiri - "The narrative of not wanting to come to this city is gone. I think that's old and we should move past that. Believe in this city. Believe in yourselves."

This is what was said in September and he was right !!! The NBA world is seeing how great it must be to play for this city / country !!! The word from U.S media saying they have never seen anything like this makes me feel so proud to be a Raptor fan ... Why would a player want to play in Toronto has turned into " wouldn't you want to be part of this !!

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
          Masai Ujiri - "The narrative of not wanting to come to this city is gone. I think that's old and we should move past that. Believe in this city. Believe in yourselves."

This is what was said in September and he was right !!! The NBA world is seeing how great it must be to play for this city / country !!! The word from U.S media saying they have never seen anything like this makes me feel so proud to be a Raptor fan ... Why would a player want to play in Toronto has turned into " wouldn't you want to be part of this !!
          Masai Ujiri is one of the people I admire most in my life, and most of the other people on that list I know personally. Dude has a lifetime get out of jail free card with me.

If he says it, then he means it. He delivers, he keeps promises, he gets results, he outwits, outsmarts, outlasts...he's a fucking boss.
          Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Jun 5, 2019, 12:47 PM.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            After being a fan for 20+ years, it always felt that the finals was something for everyone else. So much talk that you could never get there without a top draft pick becoming a star. It just never felt like something that could happen other than in dreams. Keep enjoying the dream.
            And we managed to do it without even a Lottery Pick on our Roster!!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Masai Ujiri is one of the people I admire most in my life, and most of the other people on that list I know personally. Dude has a lifetime get out of jail free card with me.

If he says it, then he means it. He delivers, he keeps promises, he gets results, he outwits, outsmarts, outlasts...he's a fucking boss.
              Masai is the most important Raptor
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

And we managed to do it without even a Lottery Pick on our Roster!!
                Yes, but they didn't do it without lottery picks.

Comment

I started following the Raptors when I moved here (WC Canada) in 2007 - I'd walk around in a Raptors jersey and people would ask why i was wearing it - I'd watch all the games and slowly became an avid fan, I became invested in the team and supported them wholeheartedly.

The 2009/10 2010/11 seasons were bad, work colleagues and various people would still question why id support a "trash team" and couldn't understand why i still watched all the games etc.....

I stuck with them, continued to believe and now here we are.

I know some of you guys have been Raps since day 1 and have seen it all - totally love & respect that. Now there are so many people wearing hats, jerseys (all brand new) and much more talk about them. But this is my team, I'll be here supporting them when the band-wagoners are long gone, ill be with them through the thick and thin - till the end

You have to experience the bad times to really appreciate the good times - this is the best it's been so i'm loving every minute

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

Masai is the most important Raptor
                    I’d say he was formerly.

That may have changed when he achieved his destiny by bringing us a bonafide superstar.

Still much important work to be done by Masai going forward. But Kawhi is the most important Raptor now in my estimation.

Comment

Steamer3 wrote: View Post
                      I started following the Raptors when I moved here (WC Canada) in 2007 - I'd walk around in a Raptors jersey and people would ask why i was wearing it - I'd watch all the games and slowly became an avid fan, I became invested in the team and supported them wholeheartedly.

The 2009/10 2010/11 seasons were bad, work colleagues and various people would still question why id support a "trash team" and couldn't understand why i still watched all the games etc.....

I stuck with them, continued to believe and now here we are.

I know some of you guys have been Raps since day 1 and have seen it all - totally love & respect that. Now there are so many people wearing hats, jerseys (all brand new) and much more talk about them. But this is my team, I'll be here supporting them when the band-wagoners are long gone, ill be with them through the thick and thin - till the end

You have to experience the bad times to really appreciate the good times - this is the best it's been so i'm loving every minute
                      God it makes me smile when I am listening to a Zack Lowe podcast and they say what they see outside of the Scotia Centre is something so spectacular .. Win or lose I am loving every minute ... The journey to the Finals is the most amazing sports moment a sports fan in Toronto has had in a long long time .. God we deserve it !!

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I’d say he was formerly.

That may have changed when he achieved his destiny by bringing us a bonafide superstar.

Still much important work to be done by Masai going forward. But Kawhi is the most important Raptor now in my estimation.
                        Theres no we the north without masai, no Kawhi without masai.

Comment

Theres no we the north without masai, no Kawhi without masai.
                          No Kawhi without Derozan either, and likely no Derozan without Vince leaving. It is full circle.

Comment

One of Masai's best leadership traits is that he publicly accepts the blame and criticism for failure when things go wrong. He says put it all on him. I don't recall any other Toronto sports executive or coach doing that. That's rare. Casey was the complete opposite when blame was getting doled out.

Tim and Sid - I Believe in Masai

Comment

No Kawhi without Derozan either, and likely no Derozan without Vince leaving. It is full circle.
                              And no Vince without Antawn Jamison. In a draft day trade with......

When you realize the NBA longest active player, Vince Carter, is the reason both these teams sucked so bad to be where they are now...20 years later.

Comment

There's no Kawhi without Jakob Poeltl. And there's no Jakob Poeltl without the Knicks 1st round pick. And there's no Knicks 1st round pick without.....

.... let's stop right there, shall we?

Comment

Working...
                                X