Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite part of the Raptors being in the Finals ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are a lot of favourite things with the Raps being in the finals.

1. The Raps are here long before the Chowders.
    2. That Kyle Lowry who plays hard all the time ...and had to listen to snide shit about being playoff Lowry has burried that deep and has a chance to win it all.
    3. That you do need different tools for every job. We all owe Dwane Casey a tremendous debt for instilling the expectation that the Raps expect to win. Every game. It was a seismic shift in attitude. A change in culture. There were pratfalls along the way in the playoffs of course. The Whiz sweep and the inexplicable choke job against the Lebrons. They donated blood but the payback is that this is a franchise that now expects to win.
    4.Minuscule but grudging acknowledgement that both Snooch and The Claw Reborn were right in their steadfast resolve that the Raps wouldn't get to the finals with Demar. I love DD but there is just no way this happens with him instead of Leonard.
    5.That almost 10 million people tuned in or streamed a Raptors game in hockey country. 1 in 4 people watched this.

Time to complete the final chapter tonight. KD or no KD...
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jun 10, 2019, 03:17 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Another thing I love is reading " Sportsnet announced Tuesday that it set another Canadian record for an NBA game with an average of 6.4 million viewers for Game 5 of the NBA Finals, a 106-105 win by the Golden State Warriors at Scotiabank Arena that cut the Raptors lead in the best-of-seven series to 3-2 " The broadcaster says audience levels peaked at 8.5 million at 11:32 p.m. ET, as the game was coming down to the wire ... These numbers don't even include Canadians watching the ABC feed .. Wow ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
        Another thing I love is reading " Sportsnet announced Tuesday that it set another Canadian record for an NBA game with an average of 6.4 million viewers for Game 5 of the NBA Finals, a 106-105 win by the Golden State Warriors at Scotiabank Arena that cut the Raptors lead in the best-of-seven series to 3-2 " The broadcaster says audience levels peaked at 8.5 million at 11:32 p.m. ET, as the game was coming down to the wire ... These numbers don't even include Canadians watching the ABC feed .. Wow ..
        Better yet, the overall ratings are 4% higher than last year...when LeBron was the competition instead of the Raps. And it doesn't include hundreds of thousands of people at viewing parties across the country.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Better yet, the overall ratings are 4% higher than last year...when LeBron was the competition instead of the Raps. And it doesn't include hundreds of thousands of people at viewing parties across the country.
          Not so hot in the USA. Here's a headline after game three:
          TV Ratings: NBA Finals Hit 6-Year Low for Game 3

ABC's broadcasts have pulled consistent numbers thus far but remain down about 20 percent vs. a year ago.
          https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...5-2019-1216243

Six years ago was Spurs v. Heats - showdown #1. This year is the first time in eight years Bron isn't in the finals. Plus KD has been out and so this isn't a shocker.

Here's the catch, fast forward to last game. KD returned and the Warriors were facing elimination and so:
          Monday's broadcast drew the fifth-highest preliminary rating for a Game 5 of the NBA Finals since ABC began airing the series in 2003.
          a 34 percent improvement over the average for the first four games.
          https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...0-2019-1217395

Comment

• I'm still so weirded out about the radio. I went and grabbed a pita for lunch today.. and flipped on the radio thinking it'll be some boring hockey or baseball talk as usual.. and it was basketball everywhere. On both stations. Just so weird.

Hope this feeling lasts. I know Toronto is a huge bandwagon city so I doubt it will. But it's been so surreal.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I'm still so weirded out about the radio. I went and grabbed a pita for lunch today.. and flipped on the radio thinking it'll be some boring hockey or baseball talk as usual.. and it was basketball everywhere. On both stations. Just so weird.

Hope this feeling lasts. I know Toronto is a huge bandwagon city so I doubt it will. But it's been so surreal.
              It will not last. its the biggest ongoing story in ALBERTA right now. The bandwagon is extreme

That said, even if 10% of the kids stick around, thats a huge win for canada
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• More (Raptors) basketball.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  One of my favorite parts of this playoff run is.... us. WeTheFans have showed up big time, whether it's in the forums, at Jurassic Park or even at Oracle..... Raptor fans have dominated the post-season. And the rest of world is simply in awe.
                  Damn. I jinxed us. Lol.

Comment

• More girls are out

Comment

• mark Schwartz espn
                      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• winning.

Comment

• Wictory baby

Comment

• Game 7's

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                              Wictory baby
                              It's weird !! The journey and everything that came with it was way better then the victory !!!! Holly crap the Raptors actually resulted in Leaf Lunch being canceled today !! Does life get any better : ) ... Next year we deserve Raptors Lunch ...

Comment

• One of my favorite parts is that guy claw reborn who spent hundreds and hundreds of posts telling us all if Nick Nurse didn't bench FVV completely, he's a bigger moron than we all thought and should be fired, perhaps murdered.

There's a saying out there like "when everyone around is an idiot, maybe its actually you"

BUUUUUT I digress
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X