Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5 FINALS (3-1) Raptors vs Warriors June 10th, 2019 at 9:00pm in Scotiabank Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

I continue to believe that the chances of Durant playing are less than 0%. Frankly, I don't think it will matter all that much either way. It's over tonight. It was over after game 3 but I couldn't bring myself to say it aloud. All you have to do is listen to the players and coaches talk. They know.

All this ESPN garbage is just them trying to peak fan interest for the last game of the season and since everyone knows it's over, the only way to sell it is with this Durant nonsense.
    Raptors played Warriors twice with a fully healthy KD and won both games even with a heroic 51 pt. KD game were he was draining 3's from anywhere and everywhere. This KD talk is all about increasing fan interest and eyeballs on game night. For the US market, you need to manufacture a compelling reason to get people to watch. Marketing is something US media does very well. Go Raptors Go...

Comment

• Should be fun.

Comment

• A calming piece ....

Leonard is unflappable, and it appears the Raptors have taken on his identity. They are stone-faced and unimpressed. They are focused. They just swept two games at Oracle Arena against a team that has been intent on closing out an era in a gleeful manner. The Warriors may be hobbled and without Kevin Durant, but they still carry an intimidating championship aura. It gives them a significant edge over most teams — even elite ones. The Raptors are unfazed.

You can be that way when you have Leonard, the league’s stealthiest assassin. He’s not loud. He’s not flashy. But he’s there. He’s always there. He scored 36 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and snatched four steals in Game 4 seemingly without breaking a sweat, definitely without breaking a smile. He doesn’t dominate games in brilliant flashes like Stephen Curry often does. He’s an extended-release superstar; his game is one long, consistent display of greatness.

With Leonard, the opposition never seems to catch a break. And now all of the Raptors are playing that way. The Warriors are used to imposing their will with their shooting, ball movement, defense and versatility. Toronto is matching them in every area and exceeding them in versatility. Golden State’s injuries are a major factor, but ask Portland how difficult it is to exploit this team even when it’s limited. The Raptors are doing something special. They deserve to be on the cusp of their first championship. They aren’t simply benefiting from the Warriors’ limitations. They are adding their own layers of difficulty.

They’re not satisfied. Leonard won’t let them be satisfied.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.a0ec22cfb505

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Should be fun.
          Understatement of the century
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• Skip is the HATER of the year but even HE is out on the Warriors and even KD suiting up.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I hope it won't be enough. If I was Nick I'd put Siakim on him and have Kawhi on Klay or Steph.
                I'd have one of Kawhi/Siakam on KD, one on Draymond. Doesn't matter which - though late in the game Kawhi taking whoever has proven to be more problematic is a likely move. Leave the small guards chasing the splash brothers. Can basically run the three smalls (Lowry, FVV, Green) at the pair of Curry/Klay all game long with little concern over exactly who is taking who on any given possession. Just have to find a player to hide Gasol and Serge on. Only time that could be difficult is if they go small with Green at C, and honestly even then I'd try guarding Draymond with Gasol or Serge and see how that goes before I worry about hiding them on a non-shooting small.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I feel this will be a very close hard-fought game. I feel our defence can absorb Durant's impact, but I'm more tentative about the impact he'll have on the Warriors defence, and how we're gonna remain consistent in finding the spaces we need to score. Hoping for a good shooting night from our backcourt in general.

Comment

• Great description of the character and determination of these Raptors. The players know which team is better. It's one thing to believe you are going to win, it's a totally different matter when you know you will win. Go Raptors Go.

Comment

• Given that tonight will hopefully be the culmination of the "We The North" era, I thought it would be appropriate to once again revisit one of the great moments that began this successful run we've been on:

Over 5 years ago now...
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• suspenders wrote: View Post

Don't know how to embed a tweet...

@FieldYates

"Jay Williams, who had dinner with Kevin Durant last night, said on Get UP this morning he "would be shocked" if KD doesn't play tonight".
                        [twee..t] paste the "copy tweet link" here [/tweet]

have at it.
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jun 10, 2019, 04:15 PM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                          I feel this will be a very close hard-fought game. I feel our defence can absorb Durant's impact, but I'm more tentative about the impact he'll have on the Warriors defence, and how we're gonna remain consistent in finding the spaces we need to score. Hoping for a good shooting night from our backcourt in general.
                          I expect it to follow the theme of the last 7 Toronto wins where the Raps go from 5th to 8th gear as the game wears on, pushing the pace and physicality until frustration sets in for the opponent and they just break at some point. It's no coincidence that the Warriors looked gassed in games 3 and 4. So did the Bucks. So did the Sixers. Raps just have too much horsepower.....

Comment

• What you guys think about rumors that he been secretly practicing and keeping his conditioning up?
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Fuck

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCSWarri...39896109912064
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I can feel it, coming in the air tonight....oh lord

And I been waiting for this moment, for all my life...oh lord...oh lord.

Comment

Working...
                                X