Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5 FINALS (3-1) Raptors vs Warriors June 10th, 2019 at 9:00pm in Scotiabank Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m gonna have me a big ass bowl of KD for dinner! Solidarity!

We are going run them into the ground.

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
      Is it just me or is the media forgetting that Ibaka was on the OKC team that was up 3-1 and lost to the Warriors? Do they think he would allow the team to slack off, Kawhi's leadership aside? That Ibaka, not just Kawhi, is also fulfilling a redemption/revenge arc against the Warriors?

Like someone else said here, there are great storylines here if American sports news gave their collective head a shake.
      He is not American.

Comment

• Me at work

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Some of y'all need to remember the words of Han Solo:

First it was less than 0% chance he plays and now he's going to play for 1 minute and we're going to run him off the floor.

It's going to be a battle. I'm looking forward to it. But if you think KD is going to be a non factor you're out of your mind. Even hobbled and out of shape he upgrades the end of their rotation significantly.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            I told y'all that KD wouldn't play until there was a overwhelming crescendo of "We Need You" from the media, the franchise and especially his teammates. He had nothing to gain by playing earlier and nothing to lose by playing tonight. His legacy has been elevated significantly in the last week alone.

Total cupcake move. I wouldn't be surprised if he was ready to play a few weeks ago and has been faking it.

KD was waiting on this.....
            Actually he has a lot to lose IF he gets injured tonight.
            He doesn't need to look far, he has a team mate as the perfect example.

But l agree that the pressure from the organization is probably mounting,
            and MAYBE the management has assured him of max money in case he gets injured tonight.

Comment

• Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Some of y'all need to remember the words of Han Solo:

First it was less than 0% chance he plays and now he's going to play for 1 minute and we're going to run him off the floor.

It's going to be a battle. I'm looking forward to it. But if you think KD is going to be a non factor you're out of your mind. Even hobbled and out of shape he upgrades the end of their rotation significantly.
                Yep. Even if a 55% KD only means less minutes for Fonzie McKinnie, that's a big win for Golden State.

Comment

• I'm approaching this expecting 100% KD. Let's see if boys can do this
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• So he plays. Him not playing up to this point has helped the Raptors to secure the high ground. Now they have three shots to get the win. They'll leave it all on the court up to three times and what this playoffs has shown us is they'll win one of those games when they do that.

And as for when KD could really play... Who cares? I give him the benefit of.the doubt but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. I'm thankful the Raptors have this opportunity and I hope KD doesn't suffer a serious injury here tonight by rushing back.

Comment

• I expect a high pace from the raptors tonight. They sped it up on them in Game 4, expect that again against a banged up team full of leg injuries.

I agree reed it will be a battle.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Some of y'all need to remember the words of Han Solo:

I dont think anyone thinks kd is a non factor hes top 3 in the world. But the raptors are not shaking at the news. This is a squad with eyes locked on target.

bring it.

Comment

• If they start with the Hamptons 5 do we start with the Muskoka 5? Siakim at centre and go down from there? I don't imagine we'll change much but we might see this lineup a bit. Would have been nice to have OG.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            If they start with the Hamptons 5 do we start with the Muskoka 5? Siakim at centre and go down from there? I don't imagine we'll change much but we might see this lineup a bit. Would have been nice to have OG.
                            I’m really fascinated by this. I could see us going big or going small. The reassuring factor is that I’m certain Nurse has thought at length about the Hamptons 5 and what lineup he will respond with.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              It’s not basketball-related, but Canada is currently playing their first game of the Women’s World Cup on TSN
                              Yeah enjoying the game and smh because here is another play by play guy on a Canadian broadcast crew with a UK accent? You would think there are competent play by play people from other places (like Canada). Same goes for MLS Toronto FC and the panelists on weekend broadcasts of European matches. I realize the UK is the birthplace of football or what we call soccer, but does it also5 have to be the birthplace of play by play announcers and analysts? (note: the World Cup studio panel consists of 4 homegrown women thankfully)

Comment

• https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/6...s-expectations

The Raptors Were Trying to Tell Us They Were Great, We Just Weren’t Listening

Throughout the postseason, non-Jurassic fans and media have been doubting Toronto’s title chances. It happened against Philly, it happened against Milwaukee, it happened coming into the Finals with Golden State. Now, up 3-1 on the Warriors, no one doubts the North.
                                My driver in Oakland last week told me about a billboard. A lot of people in town—sorry, The Town—were talking about it. This was before Game 3. It had a picture of Kawhi Leonard and a message stamped on it: “The King of the North is Coming.” The driver snickered. She was a Warriors fan and thought it was cute that the North was bothering to make the trip at all. She’s probably not so amused anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X