Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5 FINALS (3-1) Raptors vs Warriors June 10th, 2019 at 9:00pm in Scotiabank Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

This is a troll if I've ever seen one. Ease up there. Not all of us feel the need to point a finger every time something goes wrong. A basketball game never actually comes down to one single play or decision.
    It has to work both ways because that poster is no mother teresa in this situation. Or turning the blind eye is just part of your process?

But i have said my piece and i dont mind moving on.

P.S. G Deane is a pure Nurse supporter but always draw the bright line and dont get too worked up when someone go against the grain that he believes. Why he earns respect.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

It has to work both ways because that poster is no mother teresa in this situation. Or turning the blind eye is just part of your process?

P.S. G Deane is a pure Nurse supporter but always draw the bright line and dont get too worked up when someone go against the grain that he believes. Why he earns respect.
      I just call it the way I see it. If I've missed some posts from someone that you think cross the line, by all means, please feel free to flag them.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Thanks.

I think that I've been clear in my support for Nurse even before it suddenly became more fashionable with success
        The diffrerence is that I never said he's beyond criticism and indeed deserved some for some truly odd decisions over what's a very long decision. But what I've been firm on is the fact that an NBA coach likely knows 100X what the collective knowledge base of an RR poster is and the angst and criticism was clearly over the top at points this season.

It doesn't have to be black and white where he's the worst coach ever, "newb" and needs to be fired and we should have hired Bud/kept Casey etc to he's the best ever, brilliant mensa-mind, out coached Brown, Bud, Kerr just becuae they're winning ....

I like Coach Nurse personally (from what I can tell about the personna he lets out).
        I think he's a very smart coach who is learning and has grown a ton this season.
        I think the players love him and there have been tons of quotes from everyone from JV, FVV, Lowry, Green, Kawhi and Siakam recently that they apreciate everything from the respect, freedom to the trust he gives them.

He's been great for this group and I hope he enjoys a long and successful career with the Raptors. He's not going to get overly effusive praise from me nor criticism since I think the role of the Coach is somewhat overblown.

That's good enough for me.

Comment

• I get the sense there's a mosquito biting at my ankles the last couple pages

Mr Reborn, even KC needs a day off from the forums sometimes. But if you miss me that much, go back and read some old classic Keon posts! Also, be sure to subscribe to my page so you're notified of the latest goings on!

Cheers!

The mosquitos are gettin bad this year

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Because he was trapped with no ball screens to free him up or to provide him a clean outlet pass. Raptors basically had to wing it on the last possession against a set defence that was facing elimination, because Nurse didn't feel a time-out to draw a play was necessary at the point.
            This was IMO a HUGE mistake. With the Championship on the line, the most important possession in the 24 year history of the franchise, he sits on his hands and just let the guys go at it. I assume during the last time out (after Raptors pulled within 1, they talked about if Kawhi gets double teamed they do the swing swing to Kyle in the corner, however, I suspect whenever they talked about it, they probably went with worst case they would need a three to tie it. That Cousins foul changed everything. Now they only needed a 2 to WIN. In my mind, I would be looking at something going to the basket and also get some rebounders like Ibaka or Siakam in for a possible put-back. HUGE mistake on Nurses part. Why go for a play (3 points) where Kyle was 1 - 6. I would suggest out of 100 NBA coaches, 100 would call time--out. I was screaming at the TV when he didn't call a time--out. I sure hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. Obviously a win will make this go away, but Thursday will be difficult. Even if we are the better team that doesn't necessarily guarantee a win. The ending to Monday's game was telling. GSW go 3 - 3 from 3. The Toronto Raptors go 0 - 3.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

He was trapped because that was what GS had been doing all night long (and it's definitely what they should be doing if you're GS). If the Raps had a drawn-up play to get him off that trap everyone in the building knew was coming, then the quality of the shot would've been better. There was nothing to "execute" because nothing was planned to begin with. I'd call a poorly executed play if they came out of a time out and didn't deliver it, but then again, no time was called.

Agree they had a chance, but it would be a much better chance if they had a set ATO play to get a bucket inside. That's one of the main benefits of timeouts: draw high percentage looks against set defences on short clock scenarios (like the 15 secs we had). Coach just chose not to use it.
              When the Raptors Win Thurs. (if necessary Sunday) all will be forgotten If not this will forever be remembered as the worst non-timeout call in Raptor history. Next on the list of Coaching Misques, the timeout called at the 3 minute mark will forever be known as the worst timeout call in Raptor history. lol nervously.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Oh, theyd still be talking about this. It's the entire front page of reddit, and all the warriors commented on it post game.

that said, I think s.r. summed it up well. Even I am ashamed to say I had a moment of sheet excitement as I was jacked for this game, and I knew how iffy kd was, so it was like an "oh shit!!" Moment.

Toronto fans have never been here before, and its starting to show
                So is the team. Siakam, 0 - "4 Games" from his corner 3 spot. The last one, wide open, uncontested sailed way over the basket, it touching nothing. He is not the same player who dropped 32 in game 1.
                Last edited by Zak24gege; Wed Jun 12, 2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Either something is wrong with Siakam physically (doubtful) or Draymond is in his head (more likely). I don't think its the bright lights.. he scored 32 in game 1. Draymond knows how to stop/slow him down. I'm not expecting much from Siakam offensively anymore.

Hoping for another break out game from Danny though. We need him. Hope he can match Klay's threes.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Either something is wrong with Siakam physically (doubtful) or Draymond is in his head (more likely). I don't think its the bright lights.. he scored 32 in game 1. Draymond knows how to stop/slow him down. I'm not expecting much from Siakam offensively anymore.

Hoping for another break out game from Danny though. We need him. Hope he can match Klay's threes.
                    Game 1 is Game 1,, no pressure.
                    I think it's more preparation on Siakam's part, lack of focus, probably got a bit too distracted by family and friends on the eve of the game.
                    Playing on the road will bring his game back.
                    l don't buy that Draymond affects him at this point.
                    Kawhi has more influence on Pascal over anyone,
                    he sees Kawhi poised and this reassures him.

Comment

Either something is wrong with Siakam physically (doubtful) or Draymond is in his head (more likely). I don't think its the bright lights.. he scored 32 in game 1. Draymond knows how to stop/slow him down. I'm not expecting much from Siakam offensively anymore.

He had great game 1, a very good game 3 and a good game 4, so that's 3 out of 5 games of good to great play. It's not Draymond, it's basically the Sixers defense where GS are doubling Kawhi and Pascal for the drive and helping off Gasol and Lowry, when they become passive shooters. Lowry especially has a bad habit of hot-potatoing back to Siakam in the back-end of the clock. His vaunted BBIQ should know that a late-clock Siakam corner 3 isn't a high percentage shot, but he does it anyway. Lowry needs to shoot every f**king open jump shot he gets.

Comment

No way ill Danny Green match Klay's 3's. First off he doesn't take anywhere near the number of 3s Klay will take. Secondly, these playoffs he really has had only 2 good games where he made 6 & 5 3's. Most games he gets 0 or maybe 1. The thing keeping him on the floor is his defense.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

No way ill Danny Green match Klay's 3's. First off he doesn't take anywhere near the number of 3s Klay will take. Secondly, these playoffs he really has had only 2 good games where he made 6 & 5 3's. Most games he gets 0 or maybe 1. The thing keeping him on the floor is his defense.
                          Klay's made threes in the series:

game 1 - 3
                          game 2 - 4
                          game 3 - n/a
                          game 4 - 4
                          game 5 - 6

We hold Klay to 3 or 4 3's made.. I think Danny can match that. If it happens, uncork that champagne bottle.

Comment

• Durant confirms a torn Achilles.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Durant confirms a torn Achilles.

Too soon?
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Too soon?
                                Not going there man ... too much nuance, unknowns and feelings.

All I know is I wish no one harm nor injury. But this is the finals and our team is in it. Fuck Durant or anyone else on the Dubs. They got hurt in "battle" and I am sorry.
                                Now let's play the game with what we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X