Game #6 of the NBA Finals Raps@Warriors Thursday June 13th 9pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sanyo wrote: View Post
    Double team one of the splash. Let the other go off for 40 who cares. This team has no one else to score tomorrow, we should have it in the bag!
    You don't need to do that.. Klay and Steph are too smart to avoid traps like that.. they can swing it to someone who can get a free bucket at the rim or a wide open 3.. and even though you can't trust their other guys.. a wide open 3 is a wide open 3.

Just play defense like we've done all series. Just need to execute better on offense. They won't have KD that can rattle off like 11 points in 12 minutes. That will help.

Tomorrow in my opinion will be a lot like game 4. Klay came back that game.. as did Looney.. and they only scored 92 points. The splash brothers had 55 between them and we still won by 13. And they won the first quarter that game too.

Comment

Just don't fall too far behind in the first Q (fans say it's all over, we've lost the game and the series lol)
      Be even or at worst a few point behind by the half (fans say "I have a bad feeling about this")
      Win the 3Q against GS usual best Q (Still nervous, pleading for them not to blow it)
      Win comfortably by 12 (I knew it all along, best team ever, Nurse is a genius, Kawhi, he stay!)

What can I make with this on Proline?

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

The play was garbage not because it ended with Lowry shooting, but because it ended with Lowry shooting a contested shot with no time for a pump fake and getting it blocked. If anything it might make sense to run the play through Lowry using Kawhi as the screener (or vice versa) so that it's far tougher to trap either of them and force the ball out of their hands.
        Not sure if it was actually a play call for Lowry as much as a Kawhi ISO that ended up in a broken play. I would have called a timeout and then setup a Kawhi ISO and for sure had Siakam & Ibaka out there, just for putbacks. Was thinking about the Siakam ISO end-of-game winner vs. the Suns as a curveball they wouldn't expect, but for some reason Nurse benched Pascal for most of the 4th quarter.

Comment

I think it ends tomorrow night. Karma and the basketball gods were not going to allow a Canada takeover of game 4 to be the last game at Oracle, and there wasn't going to be a celebration on the same night that a top 15 all-time player goes down with a potential career changing injury and we cheered for that.

Comment

My friend went with the gamblers fallacy "you can't win 3 at oracle"

Like saying you can't draw a red card 3 times in a row from a deck of cards. Why the fuck not?
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Like saying you can't draw a red card 3 times in a row from a deck of cards. Why the fuck not?
              Yeah. Won 4 straight against Bucks are much harder.

GSW is out of the card, the reason they played KD in GM5 is because they know they can't beat Raptors without him.

Comment

Yeah, these analysts and predictors are over the top for me at this stage. Can't listen to the media anymore. It's about can GSW win it in 7 and every game for Raptors is a must win (including the last one).
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

So far this series Thompson is shooting 20-35 from three

The last two times the Warriors faced elimination in a Game 6 (2016 OKC and 2018 Houston), he had a combined 76 points while shooting 20-34 from three
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

You could apply the same logic to the people saying "they wont hit 20 3s again". Its funny because I keep on seeing the same arguments used by philly and bucks fans. "Siakam wont go off like that again. Kawhi cant keep on hitting contested midrange shots".
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Funny fact though. Hilarious actually (at least for me) is that Pierce has become biggest Raptors supporter, oh the irony.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Not sure if it was actually a play call for Lowry as much as a Kawhi ISO that ended up in a broken play. I would have called a timeout and then setup a Kawhi ISO and for sure had Siakam & Ibaka out there, just for putbacks. Was thinking about the Siakam ISO end-of-game winner vs. the Suns as a curveball they wouldn't expect, but for some reason Nurse benched Pascal for most of the 4th quarter.
                        GSW closed off Kawhi. He never got to his spot and had to give it up. He should have went quicker initially but the Warriors played really good defense on that play and it was a terrific play to recover to the shooter cause Lowry is wide open in that situation against 99% of teams.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

GSW closed off Kawhi. He never got to his spot and had to give it up. He should have went quicker initially but the Warriors played really good defense on that play and it was a terrific play to recover to the shooter cause Lowry is wide open in that situation against 99% of teams.
                          But they had to have anticipated the double on the iso...everybody is complaining about the momentum killing timeout, but this is the LACK OF timeout that bothered me more. Set something up to FREE kawhi off a pick and let him read it from there, that was too simple

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                            Funny fact though. Hilarious actually (at least for me) is that Pierce has become biggest Raptors supporter, oh the irony.
                            It only took three rounds of embarrassment after embarrassment for it to occur.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              It only took three rounds of embarrassment after embarrassment for it to occur.
                              The man shit himself on national television in the finals

Thats like a nightmare you have when you wake up and go holy shit thank god that was a dream

Comment

But they had to have anticipated the double on the iso...everybody is complaining about the momentum killing timeout, but this is the LACK OF timeout that bothered me more. Set something up to FREE kawhi off a pick and let him read it from there, that was too simple
                                Nurse gets the benefit of the doubt from me, though, I think a good argument can be made that a timeout should have been taken. The big benefit to me would have been to move the ball up into the half court and have the potential to get a quick hitter right off the in-bounds, maybe and offensive rebound, too. As it went, the whole thing was very slow and they gave themselves no margin for error....

Comment

Working...
                                X