Game #6 of the NBA Finals Raps@Warriors Thursday June 13th 9pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Absolutely not. So why was Kyle standing there? Maybe he could have broke in and FVV bounce passed to him. Maybe the play was for iso Kawhi and FVV and Kyle didn't react to the break down. Who knows?

One thing for sure is I don't think they wrote up a play where with seconds to go and down 1 point, the ball should end up in Kyles hands for a contested three
    So the play was iso Kawhi. Obvious end of game situation and everyone knows its coming. It was also a very high probability that GSW would send a double team to prevent Kawhi from getting to the cup...then what`? As Kawhi said I got double teamed and then "swing - swing". IMO The reason why NN didn't call a timeout was because the Kyle Corner 3-ball was exactly the play they wanted to run. It was an opportunity for Kyle to make a buzzer beater shot for the NBA Championship. What a fantastic storybook ending! Everything was too precise wrt clock mgmt for that to be simply a read and react play. Unfortunately Draymond sensed what was coming and was positioned to be able to get to the corner for the partial block. It was a play that's worked before, ok execution in terms of timing and great defence by Draymond.

The comment about flow play vs set defence doesn't really apply given it was a dead ball turnover. Watching the play, I wonder if Gasol could've screened / positioned himself to prevent Draymond from having a straight line to get to Kyle?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Kevin Durant underwent surgery for ruptured Achilles.
      Wow, hope all goes well for KD. Fucking greedy GSW Organization. This absolutely vindicates Kawhi's position vis-a-vis the Spurs.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Wow, hope all goes well for KD. Fucking greedy GSW Organization. This absolutely vindicates Kawhi's position vis-a-vis the Spurs.
        No it doesn't and I've haven't liked the comparison. KD WANTED to play, and told the organization he was good to go. Spurs wanted Kawhi to play, and he told the organization he was not good to go.

We don't enough to throw stones at Golden State, or Kawhi, or San Antonio, or KD. We're all just observers drawing conclusions
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post

The timeout that wasn't called was the right call, IMO. Flow play vs. letting the Warriors set up their defense was better odds, esp. given how dominant Kawhi had been for the past few minutes. Credit GSW for the quick and effective double on Leonard. He didn't have a good shot and so he made the right call and moved the ball, which has been the Raps calling card for offensive success all year. Clock was just too short to allow Kyle a good look. You take it and move on.
          It was a dead ball turnover.

Comment

also gotta figure it makes the raps org look pretty damn good right now when you contrast load management to golden state's bullshit.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

No it doesn't and I've haven't liked the comparison. KD WANTED to play, and told the organization he was good to go. Spurs wanted Kawhi to play, and he told the organization he was not good to go.

We don't enough to throw stones at Golden State, or Kawhi, or San Antonio, or KD. We're all just observers drawing conclusions
              players almost always WANT to play.

You think the warriors let him go if he's on a 5-year deal with them? no fucking chance. They put success ahead of his health. Full stop.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

I don't see why anyone has to be made completely impervious to criticism, such that every single decision is deemed infallible.

You can like Nurse on the whole and still believe that he screwed up one thing.
                I've lost count as to how many times I have said Nurse isn't beyond criticism and much of it justified (said it for the ~100th time just yesterday) but that it was often over the top, overly exaggerated and too much emphasis on the coach's role in winning .... and still have a few intimate along the lines that I think he's beyond criticism and his decisions are infallible.

I seriously think there are some reading comprehension issues on this site and not just re this issue

-Nurse made a call that looked odd (or wrong).
                -We have no idea what was said earlier, what he saw differently, what the situation was with Kawhi or other players.
                -If he calls a timeout and the next play doesn't work (maybe GS is a pretty decent team?), he was wrong becuase Kawhi was on a roll. If he doesn't call a timeout and the next play doesn't work, he was wrong becuase Kawhi was obviously tired.
                -What we do know is he's proven to be pretty damn smart, got this team to within a win of the bloody chip and is right flippin' most of the time.

Criticize all you want....he's certainly not above it. It wasn't the missed 24 threes that were the problem. It was a timeout with under a minute to go .... smh

Comment

• Every time a player misses a three tonight, I'm gonna say it was a dumb decision because there were X seconds left on the clock and if he passed it, that player would have been successful. Every time they make a three, I'm gonna say it was the right decision ..... because they made it lol
                  Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Jun 12, 2019, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Every time a player misses a three tonight, I'm gonna say it was a dumb decision because there were X seconds left on the clock and if he passed it, that player would have been successful. Every time they make a three, I'm gonna say it was the right decision ..... becuase they made it lol
                    What game you watchin 2nite?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

What game you watchin 2nite?
                      Bruins shooting threes .....

Comment

Bruins shooting threes .....
                        Gross. Let it be STL at least.

Annnnnd 3 - 2 - 1 ... no more mention of hockey.

Comment

• When they crossed half court a girl that was watching it with us yelled "call a timeout", we all yelled "no" , and then 2 seconds later Nick called the timeout.

If you re-watch that sequence, Nurse is sitting down, and doesn't look anxious to call a time out. As Freddy is bringing the ball up Kyle is looking over at Nurse and signalling something the whole time. As its passed to Kawhi, Kyle is still looking towards Nurse. And then someone calls the timeout.

Not sure exactly what happened there but it may have been the players that signalled they needed a breather.

Anyways, it was a 1 point game with the Warriors coming in pumped and KD going off for 11pts. in 12mins. I feel like we have the Warriors figured out without Durant. I don't think this series goes to 7. Kawhi didn't play a great game (he will go off in game 6), nor did Pascal, or Green. Expect a bounce back game tomorrow.

Comment

• The man gets it. Family, friends and health. This is a game, an hobby, a distraction. It's their living sure, but its a game. This is why he's so poised.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's sad that GSW still using KD to motivate them

Comment

• What's wrong with some of these moron idiot fans. Cursing Del Curry & his wife
                                https://twitter.com/TheRenderMedia/s...579121665?s=20
                                Last edited by Tmac2darak; Wed Jun 12, 2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X