Game #6 of the NBA Finals Raps@Warriors Thursday June 13th 9pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    When they crossed half court a girl that was watching it with us yelled "call a timeout", we all yelled "no" , and then 2 seconds later Nick called the timeout.

If you re-watch that sequence, Nurse is sitting down, and doesn't look anxious to call a time out. As Freddy is bringing the ball up Kyle is looking over at Nurse and signalling something the whole time. As its passed to Kawhi, Kyle is still looking towards Nurse. And then someone calls the timeout.

Not sure exactly what happened there but it may have been the players that signalled they needed a breather.

Anyways, it was a 1 point game with the Warriors coming in pumped and KD going off for 11pts. in 12mins. I feel like we have the Warriors figured out without Durant. I don't think this series goes to 7. Kawhi didn't play a great game (he will go off in game 6), nor did Pascal, or Green. Expect a bounce back game tomorrow.
    Jalen Rose predicts a double digit loss for the raps

Comment

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post

and?
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I predict a double digit loss for your face

Comment

• This KD ball of wax is a big distraction from the actual basketball in the NBA finals. It sucks in several different levels.

--Terrible for KD, who will miss most of next season
          --Sucks for the Warriors that will now for sure have to go without him (even though the org itself brought it upon themselves by bringing him early).
          --Also sucks for the Raptors and fans, because it is, albeit understandably, all people talk about atm. It was (and continue toe be) a major distraction that in some level probably had a hand in preventing them from winning the championship at home on game 5.

We of course know very little about what led to decision to play him, and can only speculate, so I'll speculate: I find it very unlikely that this was a one-sided decision by Durant, the org, or the medical staff. It was a consensus/combination of everyone involved. Durant wanted to play, the org wanted, his teammates wanted, and the medical staff deemed he was fit to play. They all played a factor on it. He re-injured, it sucks badly, but I'm really hoping the media & fans are done unpacking this soon so the focus shifts back to the actual finals.

Comment

Pretty shocking since he's been behind the Raps largely.

But doesnt matter Raps closing it out in GS man...

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

players almost always WANT to play.

You think the warriors let him go if he's on a 5-year deal with them? no fucking chance. They put success ahead of his health. Full stop.
              I think they just blew the diagnosis. They're still saying today they thought it was a calf injury and the only risk was to reinjure the calf. For whatever reason they thought there was nothing Achilles related.

I'm no expert but that first injury looked like Achilles to a lot of people, he sits out a month, comes back too early by almost any assessment, and immediately ruptures his Achilles.

That's either an insane coincidence or a horrible diagnosis.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I think they just blew the diagnosis. They're still saying today they thought it was a calf injury and the only risk was to reinjure the calf. For whatever reason they thought there was nothing Achilles related.

I'm no expert but that first injury looked like Achilles to a lot of people, he sits out a month, comes back too early by almost any assessment, and immediately ruptures his Achilles.

That's either an insane coincidence or a horrible diagnosis.
                the guy had a non-contact injury, came back, and had what looked like the same, but more severe, non-contact injury on a nothing play. I agree with you, it would be ridiculous coincidence if it wasn't related.

Comment

• I'm feeling a warriors win. Last game at oracle, KD injured, super emotional. All the stars line up for a warriors win. I think they'll have the emotional push to win the game. Besides, no way they lose 3 in a row at Oracle in a playoff series.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    I'm feeling a warriors win. Last game at oracle, KD injured, super emotional. All the stars line up for a warriors win. I think they'll have the emotional push to win the game. Besides, no way they lose 3 in a row at Oracle in a playoff series.
                    Raptors are the better team with no KD on the Warriors. They can close it out in 6. I thought they wouldn't lose 2 in a row at home, but here we are. They won't make 20 3s again and Raptors likely won't shoot 25% from 3 again.

Comment

• Watching the end of the Stanley Cup Finals...all I have to say is FUCK BOSTON
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Raptors are the better team with no KD on the Warriors. They can close it out in 6. I thought they wouldn't lose 2 in a row at home, but here we are. They won't make 20 3s again and Raptors likely won't shoot 25% from 3 again.
                        Why is everyone so stuck on the 20 threes. They score right in line with their average point total this series. Expect that point total to continue. Raptors are the ones with the inconsistent offense.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

I'm feeling a warriors win. Last game at oracle, KD injured, super emotional. All the stars line up for a warriors win. I think they'll have the emotional push to win the game. Besides, no way they lose 3 in a row at Oracle in a playoff series.
                          The emotion/pressure can go both ways and work against them. No one thought they would lose 2 in a row at Oracle and they did. And the Raps wins weren't squeakers either (like GS's 1pt on game 5).

The reality is the team gotta put aside all these emotional distractions and take care of business. Get back to basketball. Raptors won 5 of the 7 games they played this year, some quite emphatically. The only 2 GSW won were nail bitters coming down to the last possession or two. Last game GS had to shoot 48% from 3 with Raptors shooting 25% for them to eek out a 1pt victory. If Raps continue to play the same defence they've playing since the Orlando series, it's a W.

Comment

Why is everyone so stuck on the 20 threes. They score right in line with their average point total this series. Expect that point total to continue. Raptors are the ones with the inconsistent offense.
                            It's not the quantity of 3's (20) it's the percentage. They shot 48%, Raps 25%. That's a statistical anomaly, not a trend. Could it happen again, sure. But it's far more likely that it doesn't. Even if they shot 45% and Raps 28% (which is still super skewed) last game, Raptors would have won.

Comment

Raptors were super emotional too in game 5, which made them super tight.
                              When did the Warriors lost back to back in a playoff game at home?
                              there's always a first.

Comment

• I wake up to news that the Bruins lost game 7 and Kyrie changed agents to someone with Brooklyn connections.

F Boston. Raps are ending things tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X