Game #6 of the NBA Finals Raps@Warriors Thursday June 13th 9pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post

I have doubts not because it's the raptors, but because we're going up against an absolute juggernaut in the warriors and now we have given them life support. That team is absolutely ruthless. It also seems klay has figured out our defense.
    They were a juggernaut because of Durant. The chip they won prior to that looked a lot like the one the Raptors are likely to win between now and Sunday.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      People still have doubts just because its the "Raptors" lol. This Playoff run should have removed any doubt. Sure we can still lose, Warriors are a great team even without KD, but the Raptors are a championship level team and have proven time and time again that they are mentally strong and won't let a bad loss like that affect their next game.
      Yeah, the Raps never took the regular season seriously and were pretty open about that. They never developed any chemistry and forgot how to play hard. The team really only started to gel halfway through the Milwaukee series. There might even be another gear there.

That said, we still have Lowry, who is the last remaining link to the "same old Raptors" and that did indeed come back to bite us in Game 5.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, the Raps never took the regular season seriously and were pretty open about that. They never developed any chemistry and forgot how to play hard. The team really only started to gel halfway through the Milwaukee series. There might even be another gear there.

That said, we still have Lowry, who is the last remaining link to the "same old Raptors" and that did indeed come back to bite us in Game 5.
        It really didn't. He had 23 points and shot 50%. He didn't "choke" on the last shot, Draymond blocked it.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Why can't Golden State win 3 in a row? this is a dynasty team. These guys won 73 games just 3 years ago.
          It's looking like a faux dynasty team, sans Durant - and that's the team we're playing now. They were deeper 3 years go. And Livingston, Iggy and Bogut are old AF.... and playing like it.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

It really didn't. He had 23 points and shot 50%. He didn't "choke" on the last shot, Draymond blocked it.
            Lowry shoots it way too flat for his height. He should have put more arc on it.

Comment

Draymond blocked his shot. If was a poor play overall. If you want to play the blame game blame Nurse for not calling a timeout. He should've IMMEDIATELY called a timeout after Iggy double teamed Kawhi.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Look for load management to be a copy cat trend going forward. It's worked for Popovich in the past, as well was warriors and lebron teams. This year it worked for the Raptors.

I think silver has a burgeoning problem on hands. 82 games in under 6 months is just too much for peak performance, and the sports science departments everywhere have caught up to this knowledge.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• You guys getting caught up with Warriors reputation instead what they are in reality. Outside of Klay and Curry who is a threat?
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Without Durant’s 11 points this is a blow out.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      You guys getting caught up with Warriors reputation instead what they are in reality. Outside of Klay and Curry who is a threat?
                      Draymond Green? Iguodala? Cousins?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Wanting to "win it at home" really badly is something for spoiled teams working on their 3rd or 4th title. We just gotta get this. Can't toy around with this team. So...close...
                        I feel spoiled as fuck, I think we have one of the greatest teams ever assembled. It's not like I'll be sad when we win tonight I just think the majority of people on this thread are seeing through eyes of a quarter century of disappointing.

Comment

Lowry shoots it way too flat for his height. He should have put more arc on it.
                          How did he not think of that with seconds left on the clock and Draymond flying at him?

Comment

• Freddy's locked in:

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Look for load management to be a copy cat trend going forward. It's worked for Popovich in the past, as well was warriors and lebron teams. This year it worked for the Raptors.

I think silver has a burgeoning problem on hands. 82 games in under 6 months is just too much for peak performance, and the sports science departments everywhere have caught up to this knowledge.
                              I was really surprised to hear Silver actually came out somewhat in favor of load management. It probably has something to do with the premium the NBA gets on playoff ad revenue and making sure your star players are healthy for that.

Comment

I was really surprised to hear Silver actually came out somewhat in favor of load management. It probably has something to do with the premium the NBA gets on playoff ad revenue and making sure your star players are healthy for that.
                                Load management will be terrible for the NBA if it becomes usual and customary. Part of it is TV/ad revenue. Broadcasters won't pay top dollar if all the stars are playing 60 games per season. But the bigger issue is long term. You have families paying $500 to go to a game that they need to plan months or at least weeks in advance. Little Jimmy puts on his Kawhi jersey and they go and.... no Kawhi. No Embiid either for Philly. Oh. Is that family going to do that again? Is Little Jimmy going to remember anything about that game other than his favorite player didn't play? What does that do to your fan base long term?

I'm not debating the merits of it from a training/health perspective but there are adverse consequences to it that the league needs to consider. Fans and media won't stand for watching a league built around its stars play games without its stars. The NBA has a real problem on its hands. I would argue a potentially even bigger one than the fact 33% of its teams are intentionally trying to lose every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X