No announcement yet.

Small Forward and Backup Center + Vince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thad Young is in the same situation as Green FA year and a better fit in Toronto. Has no position if 76ers get Parker or Wigguns . He hates playing PF.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Thad Young is in the same situation as Green FA year and a better fit in Toronto. Has no position if 76ers get Parker or Wigguns . He hates playing PF.
      Maybe he would force 76's to trade him to us for little return? (wishful thinking)
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

He hates playing PF? Since when? They tried developing him as a SF earlier in his career and it wasn't working. PF is his natural position and where he tends to thrive.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Will he? He's making 9.5 million, and his value hasn't exactly been going up. Not sure it's in his best interest to opt out. Think he's heading for mid-level type offers (or possibly slightly higher) and not sure if at that kind of price it matters if he opts out.
          He's 27, 6'9" 235lbs. That's elite size at the SF position and rare in the NBA. If he just improves slightly next season I think he can get a 4 year deal in the same range as his current one, especially considering it's just him and Thadeus Young as unrestricted SF's, and if you don't consider Young a SF it's just Green. Someone with a need at SF will pay up, might be us.

Comment

I'd also target a PF. Amir is the man, but we need to preserve him and his on court impact for the entirety of a season.

Greg Monroe is very intriguing. His post game is lights out, and he knows how to pass from the post. Defence is an issue, but hey, DC will shape him out into a defensive stopper, right?

Lowry, Derozan, Deng, Monroe, Valenchoonas

GV, Ross, Fields, Amir, Okafor/Hill

Nando, Rookie as reserves?

If we keep our starting lineup the same and upgrade the bench, it could be:

Lowry, DD, Ross, Amir, JV

GV, Fields+VC, Rookie SF?, PP, Hill/Okafor

After this playoff series though, I really think that we should target a defensive SF. Deng and Trevor Ariza both are intriguing options in my opinion.

Im not giving up on 3 Ross, the sky is the limit for this guy. He needs to hit the gym hard this offseason and put in time working on his pull-up game. We need him to become a shot creator.
            Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Sun May 4, 2014, 09:33 PM.
            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

I really think we need to be thinking about the long-term. Vince Carter might help in the short run but the guy is turning 38 and really could fall apart at any second.

Thad Young fits perfectly into our team-first, gritty work ethic. That said, we also need to figure out what we want to do about interior scoring from the starting five. I don't want to be a heavy jumpshooting team yet again next year. Either we need to give Val a ton more shots down low or we need to find a low-post scoring PF.

Masai will need to be pretty creative this offseason.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                He's 27, 6'9" 235lbs. That's elite size at the SF position and rare in the NBA. If he just improves slightly next season I think he can get a 4 year deal in the same range as his current one, especially considering it's just him and Thadeus Young as unrestricted SF's.
                But there are better free agents at other positions. And sometimes that plays as big a role in free agency as anything.

Teams will build their roster to have spaces for, well, probably a big (likely PF) first and foremost, and Rondo is a huge name at PG as well. And there are many good SFs set to become available in 2016. It may be in his interest to be in the latter free agent class, when teams are hoping to sign a SF and will be willing to spend on him as a consolation prize, rather than go into 2015 free agency when few teams care to spend their free agent money on a SF because they have other targets and/or prefer to wait a year to target other SFs (and don't want to sacrifice that possibility if there's a slim chance of landing a quality SF). There may also be less teams with holes to fill at SF as they plan free agency spending to align with these circumstances.

Comment

With Evan Turner , Young had to play PF. He is undersized at the four. He has always hated PF. Most SF playing PF hate it they get really banged up.

Comment

If we hire Hollins we will become a low post team.

Comment

Just hold on, we''ll sign KD in 2016

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        I really think we need to be thinking about the long-term. Vince Carter might help in the short run but the guy is turning 38 and really could fall apart at any second.

Thad Young fits perfectly into our team-first, gritty work ethic. That said, we also need to figure out what we want to do about interior scoring from the starting five. I don't want to be a heavy jumpshooting team yet again next year. Either we need to give Val a ton more shots down low or we need to find a low-post scoring PF.

Masai will need to be pretty creative this offseason.
                        Let's also not forget about the draft. Some very good players will be available at 20.

For instance, picks 20 and 21 on draftexpress are:

KJ McDaniels, who could probably start right away at SF and is a plus defender.

Adreian Payne, an uber efficient pick and pop big man with a lengthy frame

We are going to get an impact player in the 1st round this year, and probably also get one in the 2nd round.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                          Let's also not forget about the draft. Some very good players will be available at 20.

For instance, picks 20 and 21 on draftexpress are:

KJ McDaniels, who could probably start right away at SF and is a plus defender.

Adreian Payne, an uber efficient pick and pop big man with a lengthy frame

We are going to get an impact player in the 1st round this year, and probably also get one in the 2nd round.
                          I like both in different ways. Though I'm not sure what to expect from McDaniels as a SF in the NBA. His size is average. And didn't see enough of him to know if he plays tough enough to make up for that.

Comment

Draft day is going to be absolutely huge, we have a few glaring holes, and at least one has to be filled then.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Payne is better because he contributes offensively. Any defensive SF Grant, McDainals won't impact games for a couple of years since they usually pick up fouls as rookies - Kwahi Leonard. If we draft defensive SF we need a short term solution next season like Marion,Green or Thad Young.

Comment

Payne is better because he contributes offensively. Any defensive SF Grant, McDainals won't impact games for a couple of years since they usually pick up fouls as rookies - Kwahi Leonard. If we draft defensive SF we need a short term solution next season like Marion,Green or Thad Young.
                                If you can get a guy who would develop into Kawhi Leonard it's worth the wait. We can still win the division next year with some minor tweaks, the draft picks, and a new coach. Philly, Boston, and Knicks will probably be pretty bad, and the Nets won't be getting any better. The division is ours for the taking.

Comment

Working...
                                X