Small Forward and Backup Center + Vince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer wrote: View Post
    I think Deng will stay put in Cleveland. They will offer him the most money because they'll look like clowns if Deng leaves after what they gave up to get him.
    I see your most money point and raise you a do you really want to spend your prime years on a dysfunctional team.

If your choices are...

30ish win team 4 years 48m with a track record of bad drafting and management in flux. OR

50ish win team 4 years 40m with solid management (now) and a better fit for your skill set?

They key is would Cleveland do a sign and trade, because I'm no expert but I think the most free agent money we can wrangle is 6 to 7 million? (I'd love one of our cap guys to paint a picture for us)
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      I see your most money point and raise you a do you really want to spend your prime years on a dysfunctional team.

If your choices are...

30ish win team 4 years 48m with a track record of bad drafting and management in flux. OR

50ish win team 4 years 40m with solid management (now) and a better fit for your skill set?

They key is would Cleveland do a sign and trade, because I'm no expert but I think the most free agent money we can wrangle is 6 to 7 million? (I'd love one of our cap guys to paint a picture for us)
      I put a 0.01% chance we get Deng in the offseason. It just really doesn't make sense for us due to Dengs high cost and our lack of cap space at the moment. If he was a 2015 free agent, then I'm all ears, but for this offseason it doesn't make sense for us.

I'm not sure what teams will be competing with Cleveland for Dengs services, but there will be several (Lakers have space and could use him for instance). I just think Cleveland will offer him the most money, and they're still a promising looking team on the way up, so it's not like he's locked into a complete shit team for the rest of his career.

I

Comment

the more I think about it/read about it the less convinced I am. I think the Lakers or Mavs will probably snag Deng. Mavs have a shit load of cap space
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

We are talking about the overlord here... MU might be able to convince Deng to take the mid-level.

Comment

Deng to Indiana with Lance having priced himself out of under-tax status and driving his teammates insane?
            @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
              Deng to Indiana with Lance having priced himself out of under-tax status and driving his teammates insane?
              Indiana doesn't have any cap space. Literally less than none, they are over.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                Indiana doesn't have any cap space. Literally less than none, they are over.
                They could make it work if Deng isn't too expensive. Turning down giving a QO to Turner puts them at 57 million. They can fit a 6 million deal in there.
                @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                  They could make it work if Deng isn't too expensive. Turning down giving a QO to Turner puts them at 57 million. They can fit a 6 million deal in there.
                  What was the number Deng was unhappy with in Chicago rumours? I can't remember, so I'm really asking, but I feel like it was 3 years, $30 million....He's not taking 6 million.

Comment

I'm of the mind that Thaddeus Young would be a great fit here. He's a better fit than Tony Allen because unlike Allen, Thad isn't an offensive liability. He has range, he can play both forward spots, and he's long enough to be a mismatch for other SF's in the East.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      What was the number Deng was unhappy with in Chicago rumours? I can't remember, so I'm really asking, but I feel like it was 3 years, $30 million....He's not taking 6 million.
                      It was more money per year like 12mill or so which was way to much for him at this stage of his career
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MB_Corner3 wrote: View Post
                        I'm of the mind that Thaddeus Young would be a great fit here. He's a better fit than Tony Allen because unlike Allen, Thad isn't an offensive liability. He has range, he can play both forward spots, and he's long enough to be a mismatch for other SF's in the East.
                        Thad does not have reliable range. He can hit shots, but he's not a shooter. A starting lineup with him, DeMar, JV and Amir is a nightmare for spacing. Absolute nightmare.

Comment

MB_Corner3 wrote: View Post
                          Whenever this guy plays against Toronto he looks like a superstar. We should acquire all players that go off against Toronto just to eliminate the chance of it occurring ever again. Gerald Henderson, Jamal Crawford, we want you
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I got to say, I didn't think Vince's game would age this well. He's obviously lost a bit of his speed and athleticism but he's still big and strong enough to get in the lane. And his effort on defense is much higher since he's not the primary option on offense.

http://youtu.be/7qseR8s1Hl4

Comment

He's lasted this long because he's never really played true defense. You know, playing ball without whining like a little b*tch.

Comment

I don't see Demar and Ross being successful as a wing pairing in the post season as neither will be able to handle the larger SFs. BUT if you bring in a true small forward, can you relegate Ross to the bench? Will he be happy with that? Won't that automatically reduce his value, similar to the situation in Golden State with the Iggy signing reducing Barnes value?

I think you either trade Ross or Demar in anticipation of bringing that small forward on

OR

You draft a natural SF. That way you can start Demar and Ross together with your Rookie coming off the bench. Hopefully, by the time the playoffs roll around your rookie can fill in the Salmons/Fields role in the playoffs. Also, by coming off the bench if the rookie supplants one of the starters, then he's earned it.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X