X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like him.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post

There are only a few players available in free agency that it makes any sense to throw long-term money at: LeBron and Melo are the obvious ones, then you have guys like Hayward and Greg Monroe that could be worth a long-term deal if the price is right and Ujiri feels like they fit in nicely.
      I like Hayward, but I rather have him as a shooting guard for us. Looks like he's too weak to guard big SF's, and don't think Utah would give him up just like that. Dude is great defensively, lots of potential on that side and offensively needs improvement

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
        I like Hayward, but I rather have him as a shooting guard for us. Looks like he's too weak to guard big SF's, and don't think Utah would give him up just like that. Dude is great defensively, lots of potential on that side and offensively needs improvement

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        Maybe not but they're paying a dangerous game right now. Paying 8 figures to Favors, going to have to pay 8 figures to Kanter next year as well, might not be able to make a splash on Hayward.

Anyway Gordon isn't a target for me, just a potential option. My main concern is not giving expensive, long-term deals to players who aren't already stars and have zero upside. Even a guy like Z-Bo I wouldn't risk more than 2 years.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          Oh sorry, which NBA team are you the coach of?
          Excuse me?

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Excuse me?
            Lol never heard of em
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Lol never heard of em
              I don't get the snark you directed towards OldSkoolCool. I thought it was pretty obviously that players typically involved in the 'best 6th man' discussion are 'microwave' type players who are ball-magnet, score-first players. Asking a player who doesn't play that type of game to play that role, seems like the epitome of being destined to fail. You don't need to be a coach to understand the concept, since it applies to a lot more than just basketball.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I don't get the snark you directed towards OldSkoolCool. I thought it was pretty obviously that players typically involved in the 'best 6th man' discussion are 'microwave' type players who are ball-magnet, score-first players. Asking a player who doesn't play that type of game to play that role, seems like the epitome of being destined to fail. You don't need to be a coach to understand the concept, since it applies to a lot more than just basketball.
                Thank you

Comment

• Small Forward and Backup Center + Vince

I didn't like the offhand dismissal. Ross has a smooth stroke and can make shots in bunches. Plus he's got pretty good handles and can drive and finish at the rim. He may not show it yet and may never show it, but for all the talk about Ross's "potential" you gotta at least consider that that could be a possible area of development. I never said he'd be a "best 6th man", just a 6th man, someone who can score in bunches, which I think he has potential to do.

I replied with snark because the suggestion was met with offhand dismissal, as if his is the ultimate basketball knowledge. Nothing against oldskoolcool, he's got some great knowledge and brings up great points, but we haven't seen it happen yet (Ross coming off the bench) so how can he so assuredly say he'd be terrible? Does he not have "potential"? He must have some basketball acumen that only coaches are privy to.
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

My bad I forgot to quote you on that last one.

Comment

I didn't like the offhand dismissal. Ross has a smooth stroke and can make shots in bunches. Plus he's got pretty good handles and can drive and finish at the rim. He may not show it yet and may never show it, but for all the talk about Ross's "potential" you gotta at least consider that that could be a possible area of development. I never said he'd be a "best 6th man", just a 6th man, someone who can score in bunches, which I think he has potential to do.

I replied with snark because the suggestion was met with offhand dismissal, as if his is the ultimate basketball knowledge. Nothing against oldskoolcool, he's got some great knowledge and brings up great points, but we haven't seen it happen yet (Ross coming off the bench) so how can he so assuredly say he'd be terrible? Does he not have "potential"? He must have some basketball acumen that only coaches are privy to.
                      I agree with the bolded, that he could become that. My issue is that his game currently isn't best suited for that (3rd/4th option that plays off the ball and requires teammates to set him up for open outside looks), so bumping him to the 2nd unit now could very well stunt his growth (which is what I think OldSkoolCool was alluding to), especially if you're of the belief that his true potential is much higher than just a scoring 6th man (which I do).

Comment

My bad.

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        I agree with the bolded, that he could become that. My issue is that his game currently isn't best suited for that (3rd/4th option that plays off the ball and requires teammates to set him up for open outside looks), so bumping him to the 2nd unit now could very well stunt his growth (which is what I think OldSkoolCool was alluding to), especially if you're of the belief that his true potential is much higher than just a scoring 6th man (which I do).
                        Ya I think it could really hurt him from a developmental standpoint as he tries to do too much.

I guess I should clarify, I think Ross would not do well in a sixth man role, however, I do like the look he gives our offense when he uses the ball a lot more and is attacking. An attacking Ross can score at will and makes pretty good decisions as well in terms of passing.

...however confident Ross can be quickly taken out of the game by not getting the ball for several possessions in a row, or from the Casey pull, which both kill his confidence for the rest of the game and he disappears. He needs to learn to enter into his heat-check mode at will before he can become a possible 6th man candidate.

Comment

• I'd much rather have Marvin Williams than Vince Carter. He also had some experience of guarding Lebron in his Atlanta's day.

As a backup C, I'd rather have Marvelous Hayes then wasting money on the lackluster free agents.
                          Myself (March 2014):
                          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                            I'd much rather have Marvin Williams than Vince Carter. He also had some experience of guarding Lebron in his Atlanta's day.

As a backup C, I'd rather have Marvelous Hayes then wasting money on the lackluster free agents.
                            All Hayes needs to do if have Amir teach him to shoot threes.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                              All Hayes needs to do if have Amir teach him to shoot threes.
                              He is way more efficient on running jump shots and running hooks over Drummond.
                              Myself (March 2014):
                              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Martell Webster has no problem playing that role for Washington. Hit 2 threes a game off the bench on just under 40% shooting. Very similar player to Ross, although I feel Ross could be better with time.

Comment

Working...
                                X