Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamshid
    replied
    I am not sure if I want Vince back. He would be a cancer in the locker room with his SHITY work ethics and talks of how US is better for basketball and ...

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    we can get the SF through trade.

Send Ross, Fields and a pick to Boston for Jeff Green
    we can go over the cap to extend or resign Lowry, Vasquez, Nando, 2Pat
    sign and trade for Vince. (Hansbrough matches what he would likely ask for)

Fields is an expiring this year and could be used as trade filler finally.

We have options

roughly 30 million in expiring quality players, several picks a TPE and some other exceptions available to us.

The mechanisms exist to drastically improve

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Here's some names I would look at:
    - thabo sefalosha
    - Vince carter
    - loul deng
    - Greg smith
    - ekpe udoh
    - Jason smith

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Not into Marion. He actually does hate playing in cold cities. After he left Toronto that summer, he basically said something along the lines of "I never want to play in a cold city again". And at this point in his career, not sure he's worth the investment. He's solid defensively, but not a stopper like he used to be.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Whoever we sign in the offseason is going to have to come cheap. After resigning Lowry we won't have that much cap space left. I think we waive Hansbrough, and Salmons and resign PPat and Vasquez. With the draft picks and cap holds we're pretty much done except using an exception. If we could lose any of Fields, Hayes, or Novak's contracts it'd be amazing. None really contribute, especially at what they're being paid.

I'm assuming we add Vince on the cheap. Not sure who to target at backup C. Maybe we could get Antic from Atlanta for a late 2nd. He is big and plays pretty good D, plus can hit the 3. Then we just need to hit on our draft picks and that's it.

Basically, I don't see anything big happening with the roster in the offseason. Definitely could use a new coach though.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Marion ius the odd man out in Dallas. He will be an UFA. Does anybody remember his first time in Toronto?

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    The absolute most glaring hole we have is that we need a big SF that can guard his yard and contribute

I'd even add Shawn Marion to my list of Green/Deng Vince and Emeka
    Man I'd love to have the matrix back but do you think he'll leave Dallas?

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    The absolute most glaring hole we have is that we need a big SF that can guard his yard and contribute

I'd even add Shawn Marion to my list of Green/Deng Vince and Emeka

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    In my ideal world

We find a way to trade for Jeff Green or Loul Deng

we sign Vince Carter Mini Mid-Level and Emeka Okafor Mid-Level

I think Loul, Vince and Emeka added to a resigned Nando, Greivis, and 2Pat will put us in 50 win club for next year

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Apparently Andres nocioni wants to make a come back. I don't know about you guys but I'd love to have him as a veteran wing. He makes some dirty plays, but he plays very tough perimeter D and he's a good 3 pt shooter. I haven't seen him play recently, hopefully he still has something left in the tank cause he would be the guy I'd want to guard guys like joe Johnson and fuck with their heads.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    The real truth of it is if Terrence Ross was able to parlay his regular season numbers into the playoffs, we win this series. Doesn't mean we go far, but if he had managed to find a way to break through his shooting slump, or if he had managed to start hustling prior to Game 7, no one would be talking about trading him today.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Montross 00
    replied
    I don't know how many steps or players away from being a true legit contender, but definitely from this series it's proven that we are one player away to be the legit top four teams in the East. That player is small forward, can defend, rebound, and score.

The perfect guy to fit into this line up is Luol Deng, a vet, deep playoff experienced, and good defender, very similar role like David West in Pacer's line up, provide that veteran experience, and leadership toughness. However, I 'm no sure if we have enough room to get Deng, after re-signing Lowry, and extending Vazquez and Patterson, unless we unload Salmons, Fields and Novak's contracts.

So the ideal way to find that missing piece would be this year's draft, I am still evaluating between Jerami Grant and TJ Warren as which player is a better fit. Also we need size, grit, and muscle at #37 Nurkic would be great, if not I like Jarnell Stokes at 37.And at #59 lets get Jordan Bachynski at 7-2 a shot blocker and he is a Canadian.

Leave a comment:

• TSF
    replied
    Abbas wrote: View Post
    Sign Zach Randolph
    F**K No. As much as I love Z-Bo, I do NOT want to be the guy cashing his cheques. He's gonna be an All-Star on the I'd Take That Guy If I Only Had To Pay 80% Of What He's Making team for the next three years.

Leave a comment:

• Raps76
    replied
    Yup I agree, even a backup center & Vince would make a world of difference. Then you can dump Chuck & Fields at trade deadline since they're expirings if needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Vince Carter - I'd bring him back if i'm Masai. VC can still play. He'd help this team tremendously as their 6th man. MAJOR upgrade over Salmons.
    I don't know man, he is like 38 years old, he could hit the Steve Nash wall any minute.

Besides this kind of bullsh1t belongs on the Nets

Leave a comment:

Working...
X