Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything CHAMPIONS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
    In any event, it looks like the Toronto Brooklyn rivalry is back and better than ever
    Is there a rivalry with Brooklyn? They've played in one playoff series in recent memory (two in 20+ seasons) and the Nets have been awful ever since.

    I feel like the Raps haven't been around long enough to have any true rivalries and they don't really have any natural ones. They have no meaningful playoff history with anyone in the division outside the Sixers, maybe, sorta? The Lebrons - but they never beat them, so it wasn't really a rivalry and that was more about Lebron anyway. Wizards?

    Comment


    • I would say that Philly is their greatest rival. Two game seven showdowns decided on a final shot? That clinches it.

      Comment


      • slaw wrote: View Post

        Is there a rivalry with Brooklyn? They've played in one playoff series in recent memory (two in 20+ seasons) and the Nets have been awful ever since.

        I feel like the Raps haven't been around long enough to have any true rivalries and they don't really have any natural ones. They have no meaningful playoff history with anyone in the division outside the Sixers, maybe, sorta? The Lebrons - but they never beat them, so it wasn't really a rivalry and that was more about Lebron anyway. Wizards?
        - "Fuck Brooklyn"
        - Toronto doesn't have "it" (Paul Pierce in general)

        Now Kevin Durant's chirps, and no love lost in Raptorland for Kyrie Irving the flat earther thats played for 2 of our other rivals.

        Both teams should be around the same talent level for a bit too...maybe not a massive rivalry, but you gotta start somewhere!
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • The Great One wrote: View Post

          The fans didn't know what happened at first. They were cheering for the turnover, it was a championship game, every possession was crucial. When they realized that Durant suffered a serious injury they gave him a standing O.
          Thats BS, they knew exactly what was going on. Gotta agree with apollo, cant blame the guy for saying something like that, i'd do the same if my injury was cheered by douchebag fans.

          Comment


          • JawsGT wrote: View Post

            Thats BS, they knew exactly what was going on. Gotta agree with apollo, cant blame the guy for saying something like that, i'd do the same if my injury was cheered by douchebag fans.
            Again, it was a small percentage of the fans. And in that emotion charged situation, in the playoffs where Durant had just gone beak to beak with your PG, every team in the bloody league would have had 10 of their fans cheering before they knew the extent of his injury.

            Durant could have showed more class and laughed it off, especially 2 months after the fact

            Comment


            • JawsGT wrote: View Post

              Thats BS, they knew exactly what was going on. Gotta agree with apollo, cant blame the guy for saying something like that, i'd do the same if my injury was cheered by douchebag fans.
              No it's not. I cheered when i first saw it because Ibaka got the ball, the Raptors were on a fastbreak. I didn't know what happened to Durant.

              Comment


              • The Great One wrote: View Post

                No it's not. I cheered when i first saw it because Ibaka got the ball, the Raptors were on a fastbreak. I didn't know what happened to Durant.
                And because you didnt know i guess that means that all those fans in the arena didnt know either. Watch the replays, many of them knew damn well what was going on. There were fans laughing and cheering while he was being helped from the court. And when was the last time a steal produced that type of response from a crowd of fans, probably never. Listen, many of the fans acted like turds, it happens, time to acknowledge it and move on.

                Comment


                • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                  Again, it was a small percentage of the fans. And in that emotion charged situation, in the playoffs where Durant had just gone beak to beak with your PG, every team in the bloody league would have had 10 of their fans cheering before they knew the extent of his injury.

                  Durant could have showed more class and laughed it off, especially 2 months after the fact
                  Im not sure why the extent of the injury would matter. And it doesnt matter what fans of other teams would do either. There are douchebags in every arena, every place, every population...everywhere...but those douchbags werent heard cheering the injury of one of the best players in the game during an internationally televised NBA Finals game. Raps were heard, and thats what counts. Nonetheless, i could care less really. I thought it was a terrible look for the fans after it happened and in the days that followed, now i dont really care. I just wanted to point it out though, that those folks out there making excuses for those fans that cheered the injury are just kidding themselves. Some fans were glad to see him go down and werent shy about expressing that sentiment...im not sure why some folks seem to take that personally and need to defend them claiming they were ignorant. They were not. And durant wasnt classless at all with those comments, he basically did lsugh it off and made a joke of it at the fans expense, and now of course sensitive fans are taking offence to that.

                  Comment


                  • JawsGT wrote: View Post

                    Im not sure why the extent of the injury would matter. And it doesnt matter what fans of other teams would do either. There are douchebags in every arena, every place, every population...everywhere...but those douchbags werent heard cheering the injury of one of the best players in the game during an internationally televised NBA Finals game. Raps were heard, and thats what counts. Nonetheless, i could care less really. I thought it was a terrible look for the fans after it happened and in the days that followed, now i dont really care. I just wanted to point it out though, that those folks out there making excuses for those fans that cheered the injury are just kidding themselves. Some fans were glad to see him go down and werent shy about expressing that sentiment...im not sure why some folks seem to take that personally and need to defend them claiming they were ignorant. They were not. And durant wasnt classless at all with those comments, he basically did lsugh it off and made a joke of it at the fans expense, and now of course sensitive fans are taking offence to that.
                    I really don’t care that much either but his comment wasn’t to the fans that booed him. It was to every Raptors fan. And for that, well, he can suck it.



                    Comment


                    • JawsGT wrote: View Post

                      And because you didnt know i guess that means that all those fans in the arena didnt know either. Watch the replays, many of them knew damn well what was going on. There were fans laughing and cheering while he was being helped from the court. And when was the last time a steal produced that type of response from a crowd of fans, probably never. Listen, many of the fans acted like turds, it happens, time to acknowledge it and move on.
                      Many? yes i watched the replay. There were like 5-6 people mocking him.

                      I stand by with what I said. The cheers were mostly because of the turnover not because of the injury. I was fired up when Ibaka stripped him off the ball.

                      Comment


                      • I don't know how many in the crowd were cheering the injury and not the play (ie, steal) but I'm sure there were quite a few. I mean you had Lowry and Serge trying to shut the crowd up because they knew it was serious.. doesn't help that the media ran with the story that the Raptors fans were thugs.

                        Ultimately it seems like KD likes being the bad guy. He went full on heal as soon as he left OKC and that's who he is now.

                        Comment


                        • Eff Durant, 19,000 Raps fans cheered and chanted his name as he left, he needs to shut the fuck up

                          Comment


                          • Here is a small breakdown on a few really good plays that the raptors ran against the warriors

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LcF5rTOD-E

                            Comment


                            • I miss the Raptors.

                              Comment


                              • The Great One wrote: View Post
                                I miss the Raptors.
                                They were a heck of a team. They were given up for dead so many times, then had magnificent comebacks both within different games and within different series, and went all the way to win the title. I know Kawhi was the key piece, but he wouldn't have done it without the exceptional play of the other guys as well.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X