Everything CHAMPIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post

What him, his teammates and the fans fail to remember is that the Warriors dynasty was build on fortunate/unfortunate breaks by way of other teams losing key players to injury. It's part of the game and they would not be who they're regarded as without it. What comes around goes around, its a law of life.
    None of this is making any news or waves in the nba world. Only raptor world. Warriors are chirping, raps fans are getting pissed. The rest of the nba considers us the 2019 champs and have moved on
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• So last year was where all the lame and unfunny meme of Kawhi all started eh? time flies.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• This kind of lamenting and "what if" from the Warriors is normal, every team losing their conference final or final in more than 5 games chirps the same tune. The reality is though, other then Orlando that Warriors series was the easiest round for the Raptors. I mean, they won freakin' 3 games at Oracle, Klay was active for most of it. If they had Durant yeah, it probably would have been as tough of tougher the our 2nd and 3rd rounds, but that the Warriors would win it for sure it's far from a given.

Raps were 6-2 vs the Warriors on the year, factoring in all games including ones with Kawhi and Durant in and out . That Raps team was really well built to beat the Warriors system. Raps were coached better, had a better and more physical frontcourt, were better defensively (especially on the perimeter) and arrived at the finals in a perfect place mentally. To beat that 2019 Raps team 4 times out of 7 with the defensive disposition they had was extremely difficult. That was the common thread among people analyzing the games after. Raps were the more solid, well-rounded, better load managed, and better preserved team in the finals, which is why the won it all.

Last edited by inthepaint; Tue Sep 24, 2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
          If they had Durant yeah, it probably would have been as tough of tougher the our 2nd and 3rd rounds, but that the Warriors would win it for sure it's far from a given.
          It doesn't matter anyway. Most NBA fans viewed Durant as a title chasing punk for joining up with a Championship team. We already knew Durant was an incredibly sore loser.

Comment

• Raptors should have won game 2.. Lowry missed that wide open 3 in the corner (that he says got deflected). Should have won the series in 5, with Klay full healthy. We really dominated that series. Philly was way harder IMO.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Raptors should have won game 2.. Lowry missed that wide open 3 in the corner (that he says got deflected). Should have won the series in 5, with Klay full healthy. We really dominated that series. Philly was way harder IMO.
              I think Philly would have won the title if they beat the Raptors.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                This kind of lamenting and "what if" from the Warriors is normal, every team losing their conference final or final in more than 5 games chirps the same tune. The reality is though, other then Orlando that Warriors series was the easiest round for the Raptors. I mean, they won freakin' 3 games at Oracle, Klay was active for most of it. If they had Durant yeah, it probably would have been as tough of tougher the our 2nd and 3rd rounds, but that the Warriors would win it for sure it's far from a given.

Raps were 8-4 vs the Warriors on the year, factoring in all games including ones with Kawhi and Durant in and out . That Raps team was really well built to beat the Warriors system. Raps were coached better, had a better and more physical frontcourt, were better defensively (especially on the perimeter) and arrived at the finals in a perfect place mentally. To beat that 2019 Raps team 4 times out of 7 with the defensive disposition they had was extremely difficult. That was the common thread among people analyzing the games after. Raps were the more solid, well-rounded, better load managed, and better preserved team in the finals, which is why the won it all.

Raps were a perfect 4 and OH at the vaunted Oracle last year. After Klay's BS, it feels even better to know that from here to eternity, the last 3 NBA games played at Oracle will be recorded in history as:

GSW (L) vs. TOR (W)
                GSW (L) vs. TOR (W)
                GSW (L) vs. TOR (W)

So glad we won it on their home floor and also celebrated TF out of Game 4.

Last edited by golden; Tue Sep 24, 2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I think Philly would have won the title if they beat the Raptors.
                  Philly/Bucks would have been interesting.. Giannis gets up for Embiid. But yeah I think Philly would have won it too if we found a way to lose that game 7.

Comment

Philly/Bucks would have been interesting.. Giannis gets up for Embiid. But yeah I think Philly would have won it too if we found a way to lose that game 7.
                    I don't think Philly beats the Bucks. Coaching & BBIQ to execute the defensive schemes was key to stopping Giannis and I think Nurse/Kawhi/Gasol has an edge over Brown/Embiid/Simmons.

Comment

Raptors should have won game 2.. Lowry missed that wide open 3 in the corner (that he says got deflected). Should have won the series in 5, with Klay full healthy. We really dominated that series. Philly was way harder IMO.
                      That shot was visibly blocked.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

There was also that momentum killing timeout that Nurse took in Game 5.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I don't think Philly beats the Bucks. Coaching & BBIQ to execute the defensive schemes was key to stopping Giannis and I think Nurse/Kawhi/Gasol has an edge over Brown/Embiid/Simmons.
                          I think Philly had the guys for Giannis - Simmons is very capable of playing the role Kawhi did in keeping Giannis from getting to the rim, which shuts down the whole Bucks system - and too many weapons on O.

Philly had the guys, with A LOT of size in their favour, to handle the defensive assignments and Milwaukee did not have the guys to defend Philly at the other end. Who's taking Embiid? He'd eat Brook Lopez alive and prevent the Bucks from playing any small ball. Who's in the Bucks lineup after Lopez to handle a guy like Embiid? Literally nobody.

I mean just Philly's overall size, damn. They gave the Raptors all kinds of problems and the Raptors are a bigger team than Milwaukee with Gasol/Ibaka/Siakam/Kawhi getting heavy minutes. The Bucks' biggest guys who could actually play defence were Giannis and Middleton - basically small forwards. They'd have been in a lot of trouble, I'd give that series Philly in 6.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

His only real mistake the whole series IMO

Comment

Remember all the fire Nurse threads through the first 2 rounds? Good times
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'm just out here watching some old highlights. Still feels surreal.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X