No announcement yet.

Everything CHAMPIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Raptors were founded before I was born. I’m not old enough to have any memory of the Carter years or the ones that followed. I was only fully sucked into the team and basketball in general during the 2012-13 season, so as far as Raptors fans go I’ve been pretty spoiled.

Tonight is the greatest sports moment of my life, and one of the sweetest nights I can remember...I can only imagine what this feels like to those who have been here since the very beginning. This is what every fan dreams of, and we fucking got it.

I’m very thankful to have found a community that I’ve been able to talk and live Raptors with for the last few years. I’m not joking when I say that I wouldn’t be nearly as big of a fan of the Raptors/basketball as I am now without RR, or at least I wouldn’t have become so as quickly as I did. Here’s to an NBA title, and many more seasons to come!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      Winning would end climate change, let's go.
      Let's build coal-fired power plants and ban all electric vehicles. Dinosaurs are champions, climate change ain't happening.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Let's build coal-fired power plants and ban all electric vehicles. Dinosaurs are champions, climate change ain't happening.
        Yuge, bigly win. lol

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
          The Raptors were founded before I was born. I’m not old enough to have any memory of the Carter years or the ones that followed. I was only fully sucked into the team and basketball in general during the 2012-13 season, so as far as Raptors fans go I’ve been pretty spoiled.

Tonight is the greatest sports moment of my life, and one of the sweetest nights I can remember...I can only imagine what this feels like to those who have been here since the very beginning. This is what every fan dreams of, and we fucking got it.

I’m very thankful to have found a community that I’ve been able to talk and live Raptors with for the last few years. I’m not joking when I say that I wouldn’t be nearly as big of a fan of the Raptors/basketball as I am now without RR, or at least I wouldn’t have become so as quickly as I did. Here’s to an NBA title, and many more seasons to come!
          RR is like a salt shaker. It just makes hoops taste better.

Comment

Man. I can't believe we got to this point.

I started following the Raptors closely around the Fall of 2013, right around when Rudy Gay was taking 39 shots or something crazy like that in an overtime game against Houston. I came to this board and as the Raptors traded him and were improving, had to endure months (and really years) of tanking arguments because it was the only way to even have a slim hope at a championship.

I was always against tanking, not because I rejected the thought it would be a higher chance of a championship but because I just wanted to see a good Raptors team. I wanted to live and die with the team over numerous playoff runs, and that's what we got. Six consecutive seasons with a top 4 seed and starting the playoffs at home.

But I never really thought we'd get to this point where we actually won. We all knew we needed a championship caliber player and the chances of actually getting one always just seemed so slim. I didn't mind, it was fun being the overachieving underdogs. Obviously the Kawhi trade changed everything.

It's amazing to see all those seasons paying off. We stuck with Demar and he improved enough to get to the point he could be a centerpiece in a trade for Kawhi. We stuck with JV and he became enough of a scorer to be a centrepiece in a trade for Gasol.

At this point, for me, I'm not sure it matters if Kawhi leaves. We got the championship now, we paid everything off. While I think cheering for a juggernaut and a favourite would have its own joys, there's part of me that wants to go back to being that underdog again and just take this same journey all over again. The whole thing has been amazing, it was worth every minute, every complaint and every painful loss. It was all building to something, and the end was just so sweet.
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

I'm still a bit shook this morning.

One of the hardest roads to a championship that I can think of. 4 really tough teams. Orlando had like one of the best records since the beginning of January.. and was a top tier defensive team. Philly had an all-star starting line up. Went to 7 games and won on a buzzer beater. Milwaukee just won 60 games and had the league MVP playing for them and were up 2-0 in the series. And then the Golden State Warriors.. 5x NBA finalist going for a 3-peat and 4 wins in 5 years.

What an incredible journey.

Comment

The Warriors key assets they had to lock up in the summer to keep the dominance going:

Kevin Durant - Ruptured Achilles tendon. Out for the 2019-20 season.
                Klay Thompson - Torn ACL. Might be out for all of the 2019-2020 season.

If Kawhi even comes back for one year the Raptors have a decent chance to repeat when you consider that the Bucks and the 76ers might take a big hit in FA 2019. They have a nice looking path in the East and no one coming out of the west likely more challenging than the Warriors were in this series or the 76ers were in the semis.

Comment

Unbelievable. I'm still processing "Toronto Raptors are NBA Champions". What the actual fuck? Like, did this really happen? Day 1 Raptors fans know exactly what I'm talking about. We have come to expect disappointing endings of increasingly gut-wrenching & bizarre fashion. I mean, it would not have surprised me if the NBA found some technicality and we woke up this morning to find that we had to replay game 6 in it's entirety with Kawhi suspended.

Unbelievable....... literally.

Comment

Suck it, Dwane.

Comment

ESPN already has the Raptors at number 2 behind the Bucks, in their way too early power rankings, LOL. The team we won 4 straight against and tossed outta the playoffs is ahead of us? We gottem all so salty right now

Comment

I mean I don't know why he needs to eat his words. When he said it the statement was literally accurate. We don't need to be kicking dirt in people's faces, the high road is a relaxing drive man.

Comment

We're in the record books.. it's official!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I mean I don't know why he needs to eat his words. When he said it the statement was literally accurate. We don't need to be kicking dirt in people's faces, the high road is a relaxing drive man.
                            The context was Casey taking a dig at Toronto fans, triggered by the large contingent that showed up to the road game in Detroit. Basically saying that Toronto fans don't know how to appreciate basketball because we haven't won championship yet. Like our standards are too low or something.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              We're in the record books.. it's official!

Danny Green led us in rebounds and assists? Really? Totally did not see that coming. Spurs fans must be beside themselves.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I'm still a bit shook this morning.

One of the hardest roads to a championship that I can think of. 4 really tough teams. Orlando had like one of the best records since the beginning of January.. and was a top tier defensive team. Philly had an all-star starting line up. Went to 7 games and won on a buzzer beater. Milwaukee just won 60 games and had the league MVP playing for them and were up 2-0 in the series. And then the Golden State Warriors.. 5x NBA finalist going for a 3-peat and 4 wins in 5 years.

What an incredible journey.
                                Agreed Toronto had a really tough road and won. Amazing journey!!

Comment

Working...
                                X