Everything CHAMPIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post

Danny Green led us in rebounds and assists? Really? Totally did not see that coming. Spurs fans must be beside themselves.
    Yep but Kawhi wasnt going to play in SA no matter what so they had to get rid of him

Comment

I moved to Toronto in the spring of 2000. As a lifelong Blazers fan, I saw the Raps and Grizzlies as total irrelevancies to my NBA fandom. I went to my first Raptors game that spring to see the Carter hype and watched him drop about 40 on the Rockets. I was impressed. But there was something about the crowd and the team and crazy Butch Carter and the Air Canada stuff and, I got hooked. The good times were rolling. Then, the Raptors happened.

Butch Carter had a public psychotic break, players tried to get him fired and the team was swept.

I travelled to Philly the next year only to watch the VC jumper find all rim. But that was okay. The team was fine. Then the Raptors happened.

I made it through signings like Rick Brunson, Yogi Stewart and Landry Fields and the corpse of Hakeem Olajuwon.

I made it through Rafael Araujo, Alexander Radojevic,

I made it through Sam Mitchell assaulting players and Charles Oakley assaulting opponents over dice games.

I made it through the Carter trade.

I made it through John Salmons backing out of a deal. Davis wanting out. Thomas bolting. McGrady wanting out. Bosh wanting out. Rafer Alston threatening to quit.

I made it through Kevin O'Neill, Sam Mitchell and Jay Triano.

I even made it through the New Era Marketing Campaign.

I made it through - Every. Single. Minute. Of. Kobe's. 81.

I made it through Lebronto.

It was all worth it.

We The Champs!

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Sky will more blue. Trees greener. Air fresher. Ill be high thats what i mean.
        Sunny in Toronto
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          I moved to Toronto in the spring of 2000. As a lifelong Blazers fan, I saw the Raps and Grizzlies as total irrelevancies to my NBA fandom. I went to my first Raptors game that spring to see the Carter hype and watched him drop about 40 on the Rockets. I was impressed. But there was something about the crowd and the team and crazy Butch Carter and the Air Canada stuff and, I got hooked. The good times were rolling. Then, the Raptors happened.

Butch Carter had a public psychotic break, players tried to get him fired and the team was swept.

I travelled to Philly the next year only to watch the VC jumper find all rim. But that was okay. The team was fine. Then the Raptors happened.

I made it through signings like Rick Brunson, Yogi Stewart and Landry Fields and the corpse of Hakeem Olajuwon.

I made it through Rafael Araujo, Alexander Radojevic,

I made it through Sam Mitchell assaulting players and Charles Oakley assaulting opponents over dice games.

I made it through the Carter trade.

I made it through John Salmons backing out of a deal. Davis wanting out. Thomas bolting. McGrady wanting out. Bosh wanting out. Rafer Alston threatening to quit.

I made it through Kevin O'Neill, Sam Mitchell and Jay Triano.

I even made it through the New Era Marketing Campaign.

I made it through - Every. Single. Minute. Of. Kobe's. 81.

I made it through Lebronto.

It was all worth it.

We The Champs!

Man you missed the Damon Stoudamire era and the dreary Skydome era lol

The fact you could go to Shoppers Drug Mart in 1995 and buy tickets from a damn VENDING MACHINE...yes thats how I bought my tickets! It's amazing when i think back cause I felt like that happened yesterday (but was 24 years ago). Amazing times man, amazing to see how this team has come that far.

It's incredibly hard to win a title... as someone said it's been dominated historically by teams like Boston, LA Lakers, Chicago, etc. Recently it was GS.

Amazing times... I would say the Raps are a top 3 franchise right now in terms of hype, branding, etc. We The North is maybe the most recognizable brand in NBA now, even in the US. Drake is obviously now the most famous NBA fan from Toronto.

Great times... you never know how long it will last so time to enjoy!

Comment

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Look at Kawhi! His cyborg endo-skeleton is showing through .....

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Danny Green led us in rebounds and assists? Really? Totally did not see that coming. Spurs fans must be beside themselves.
                Draymond Green. Those are series leaders, not team leaders.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm at work. I should be working. What's working? Only Raptors
                  OG is our king

Comment

nm

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Draymond Green. Those are series leaders, not team leaders.
                      Yeah I think he was being sarcastic.

Comment

Congratulations you guys. Best fans going, persistence and hard work pays off.

Comment

When a Raptors reboot failed, they started winning. Zach Lowe traces Toronto's unconventional path to a title.

Comment

we won 3 on a road and 1 at home in the Finals. That's how unconventional it was
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Shout out to Tim Leiweke. Let's not forget about the man who started this. Leiweke also went hard at Masai to poach him from the Nuggets. He also was part of that infamous meeting with Lowry that turned his career around.

Immediately after getting hired, Leiweke said: "Championships are what we live for. Now let's go out and win them."

Unfortunately, he rattled some cages at MLSE and Tanenbaum didn't like him for it. Here's to you, Tim.

Comment

Canada is buzzing, flying high.

What a team.

Comment

Working...
                                X