Everything CHAMPIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    Shout out to Tim Leiweke. Let's not forget about the man who started this. Leiweke also went hard at Masai to poach him from the Nuggets. He also was part of that infamous meeting with Lowry that turned his career around.

Immediately after getting hired, Leiweke said: "Championships are what we live for. Now let's go out and win them."

Unfortunately, he rattled some cages at MLSE and Tanenbaum didn't like him for it. Here's to you, Tim.

Tim is the man. He transformed TFC, too.

Comment

Hard to get anything done at work.

Comment

October 1993. The last time one of canada 9 major sports franchises won a championship.

26 years
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Danny Green led us in rebounds and assists? Really? Totally did not see that coming. Spurs fans must be beside themselves.
          I am pretty sure they mean Draymond Green not Danny.

Comment

Comment

The emotions in those last 2 minutes were overwhelming. Ecstatic anticipation, dread, relief, joy.

Comment

Shout out to Tim Leiweke. Let's not forget about the man who started this. Leiweke also went hard at Masai to poach him from the Nuggets. He also was part of that infamous meeting with Lowry that turned his career around.

Immediately after getting hired, Leiweke said: "Championships are what we live for. Now let's go out and win them."

Unfortunately, he rattled some cages at MLSE and Tanenbaum didn't like him for it. Here's to you, Tim.

Leiweke did three smart things:

1. He hired great sports people to work for him with every sports team.
                2. He gave them the tools to do their job and didn't let ownership or hangers-on dictate to them.
                3. He cleaned house or let them clean house.

It was the latter two that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way but it had to be done.

Comment

Comment

Gonzz wrote: View Post

I am pretty sure they mean Draymond Green not Danny.
                    lol. Yeah, I know.

Comment

I want more pictures of players partying! And bring me pictures of Spiderman!

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          I feel like it was a sore loser cop and he knew it was a team exec. I mean its a 6'5 black dude in an expensive suit, he knew he was an nba guy.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            fucking bastards
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

It's still so surreal. Last night's game was the only game since part way into Game 1 where I didn't feel comfortable with the game. It just had a quick sand (The Replacements! - underrated movie) feel to it where GS was too close despite it all.

This team, no matter what happens next, will always be remembered as special in NBA history. Poised. Determined. Champions.

North Over Everything!
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Just splurged on some Championship merch and I don't feel bad about it whatsoever!

Comment

Working...
                                X